BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Lux Angel Eyes

10-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #45
sayemthree
Brigadier General

Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty M View Post
W:

getting in to college: Thanks Daddy!

elected governor: Thanks Daddy!

elected president: Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!
LOL - funny!

O:

getting in to college: Thanks reverse discrimination

elected governor: Thanks chicago politcal machine!

elected president: Thanks W!
      10-06-2009, 06:53 AM   #46
ruxp
Captain

Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current on their income taxes, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to “Cinco de Cuatro” in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 4th of May (Cuatro de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

If George W. Bush had miss-spelled the word advice would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as “proof” of what a dunce he is?

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on “Earth Day”, would you have concluded he’s a hypocrite?

If George W. Bush’s administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually “get” what happened on 9-11?

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how he is inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan’s holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 5 months – so you'll have three years and seven months to come up with an answer.
Ironically, you wouldn't have made a peep about any of these things, had GWB done them.

I don't think most intelligent people would. Most of them are desperately reaching gadfly criticisms of insignificant or deliberately misconstrued issues.

I could make a huge list of things that GWB did that were much worse, which I'm 100% certain you approved of. For instance, lying to the country and getting us into a long, horrendously expensive nation-building war that cost 5000 American lives & our credibility abroad.
      10-06-2009, 08:00 AM   #47
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
Ironically, you wouldn't have made a peep about any of these things, had GWB done them.

I don't think most intelligent people would. Most of them are desperately reaching gadfly criticisms of insignificant or deliberately misconstrued issues.

I could make a huge list of things that GWB did that were much worse, which I'm 100% certain you approved of. For instance, lying to the country and getting us into a long, horrendously expensive nation-building war that cost 5000 American lives & our credibility abroad.
Yeah but that's not as bad as not having a real true to life birth certificate that these guys can get their rocks off with.
      10-06-2009, 08:20 AM   #48
shpirate87
Captain

Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
Except that you are lying about Bush lying. That is not simply my opinion but the conclusion of the Democrat controlled Senate Intelligence Committee. They examined the statements made in the lead up to the war by the President, VP, and senior members of the administration and found that they were substantiated by the intelligence available at the time.

The war in Iraq was supported by a large majority of the American people and both houses of Congress.
      10-06-2009, 10:35 AM   #49
Septro
Banned

Drives: '08 e90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
Except that you are lying about Bush lying. That is not simply my opinion but the conclusion of the Democrat controlled Senate Intelligence Committee. They examined the statements made in the lead up to the war by the President, VP, and senior members of the administration and found that they were substantiated by the intelligence available at the time.

The war in Iraq was supported by a large majority of the American people and both houses of Congress.
Revisioninst history cracks me up. Absolutely nothing has been proven that there was any malicious deceit leading into the war. Maybe some of the young folks here may have forgot but Iraq had 12 U.N. resolutions levied against it that they were in egregious violation of during work up to the war.

They were shooting our planes in the no-fly zone, turned the oil for food program into oil for arms and kicked the inspectors out a multitude of times.

Then again Obama's intelligence is sooooo much better now compared to the lying Bush's Administration intelligence since it was just not long ago they stated that Iran had no capacity to enrich uranium but just now admitted that a secret enrichment plant was found that was never reported. Oops, talk about weapons of mass destruction.

Gotta love the double-standard.