BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Alpine HID

09-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
I've watched Episode 1 of the Nostradamus Effect on the History Channel. This one was done pretty well. It gives an interpretation of Nostradamus' prophecies demonstrating the prophetic identification of the first and of the second antichrist. According to this interpretation, they were Napoleon Bonaparte and Adolf Hitler.

"The third one was to be the worst of all of them."

Some believe Mabus is the name of, or a coded reference to the third antichrist.
"Mabus will soon die, then will come, a horrible undoing of people and animals..." Century II, Quatrain 62

"The heretics dead, captives exiled, blood-soaked human bodies and a redenned icy hail covering the earth." Century III, Quatrain 77

"Little rain, warm wind, wars, incursion." Century IV, Quatrain 67
I think Revelation in the Holy Bible is a better warning of the antichrist, but I haven't read any Nostradamus to make my own interpretation of his prophecies.
scottwww is offline   United_States
      09-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Isn't MaBus the public transportation system near Boston?
      09-26-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Isn't MaBus the public transportation system near Boston?
Do you think that is the reference Nostradamus intended?

I found a lot of people's ideas about Mabus over here.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto

Last edited by scottwww; 09-26-2009 at 01:15 PM.
      09-27-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
hhkim
Lieutenant

Drives: '10 335d

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to hhkim Send a message via MSN to hhkim
You do realize that his prophecies are only fulfilled after things happen and then people are like 'omg, nostradamus predicted this' and then you realize that his 'prophecies' are the most general, vague, broad sweeping comments ever?

He gives no time of reference, no telling details, nothing.

Its like me saying that in the future the ground will rumble and bridges will collapse.
      09-27-2009, 11:02 PM   #5
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhkim View Post
You do realize that his prophecies are only fulfilled after things happen and then people are like 'omg, nostradamus predicted this' and then you realize that his 'prophecies' are the most general, vague, broad sweeping comments ever?

He gives no time of reference, no telling details, nothing.

Its like me saying that in the future the ground will rumble and bridges will collapse.
I know what you mean, but what was in that first episode of Nostradamus Effect was pretty impressive as to identifying Napoleon and Hitler by name and other details. But having not read the prophesies myself, I wonder if the information was clearly enough identified as all these details belong with Napoleon and all these other details belong with Hitler. And for that matter, that all another set of details belong with the third antichrist.

09-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General

Drives: MP4

I don't know about napoleon, but he does not actually refer to hitler by name. It was explained in the same show you watched I believe that the word in his quatrain that looked similar to hitler was just a word from another language, not a name.

As was mentioned before, his quatrains are vague and only after the fact to poeple ever really make connections. Which, in hindsight, everything is clear.

Does anyone else see the irony in forming a prophecy through hindsight? I thought it was quite funny.
      09-30-2009, 05:09 PM   #7
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I don't know about napoleon, but he does not actually refer to hitler by name. It was explained in the same show you watched I believe that the word in his quatrain that looked similar to hitler was just a word from another language, not a name.

As was mentioned before, his quatrains are vague and only after the fact to poeple ever really make connections. Which, in hindsight, everything is clear.

Does anyone else see the irony in forming a prophecy through hindsight? I thought it was quite funny.
I didn't catch the part about Hister being just a word. Put it together with the other parts of the description in the show and it sounded like a pretty good match. The Napoleon connection seemed stronger. Maybe as the time from Nostradamus to the different anti-christ individuals went further into the future he had less clarity of name and other descriptions.

I also feel that Nostradamus is too vague about too much and these shows put the best bits together to support their conclusion. So it seems rather weak. Maybe I would have a different opinion if I studied Nostradamus. I doubt that I will do that.

I do find it Nostradamus shows entertaining. Maybe I'll have a different opinion as I watch the next four episodes that I have on DVR.

09-30-2009, 05:16 PM   #8
Jason@Renn-Spec
Major

Drives: A POS

I really do enjoy watching these shows but I still view them as entertainment only. I don't think you can seriously take some of these shows just because of their limited information, distortion of information to fit the topic of the specific show and some of the lunatics that they interview.
      09-30-2009, 05:17 PM   #9
Jason@Renn-Spec
Major

Drives: A POS

I do have to admit though, some of Cayce's work was startling but again, maybe I don't believe in prophecies enough to believe them.
      10-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #10
carve
Major

Drives: 335i

OMG...it's so sad that the history channel has gone from history to tabloid infotainment. Get back to real history like...uhhh...ghost stories and....uhhh...UFOs

What's even sadder though is people are actually convinced by this drivel.