BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - New England
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
bryanr
Private First Class
bryanr's Avatar
4
Rep
116
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 e92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

BMW Nav CD doesn't recognize Mass Pike?

For the first 10 miles or so on I-90 outside Boston, the nav system thinks I'm driving through houses and streets instead of on the actual turnpike, which is displayed off the the side of my path. I've tried the 2009 CD and the same problem is there. Did Navteq not bother to follow up on the big dig?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
ShErM m3
Private First Class
3
Rep
194
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

mine works fine (its built in the HD vs. CD though), that is really weird; does your locator work ok otherwise?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
bryanr
Private First Class
bryanr's Avatar
4
Rep
116
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 e92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShErM m3 View Post
mine works fine (its built in the HD vs. CD though), that is really weird; does your locator work ok otherwise?
Yeah otherwise it works fine - just when I get near the city or leave the city on the pike
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 12:01 PM   #4
rockd
rockd's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
543
Posts

 
Drives: '11 Z4 35i M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (11)

Mine works fine and I have the latest 2009 DVD...
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
bryanr
Private First Class
bryanr's Avatar
4
Rep
116
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 e92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockd View Post
Mine works fine and I have the latest 2009 DVD...
Have you tried driving inbound on the Mass Pike? It never gives me directions to downtown on the Pike, it keeps trying to suggest detours through Allston etc. When I'm driving out in the morning it thinks I'm flying through houses and roads willy nilly. The Pike is off to the side of my line of travel
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #6
leemik
Major
United_States
48
Rep
1,345
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 LRP M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Quincy, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [4.75]
Do you have avoid all toll roads set on your navi?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 08:27 AM   #7
rockd
rockd's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
543
Posts

 
Drives: '11 Z4 35i M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanr View Post
Have you tried driving inbound on the Mass Pike? It never gives me directions to downtown on the Pike, it keeps trying to suggest detours through Allston etc. When I'm driving out in the morning it thinks I'm flying through houses and roads willy nilly. The Pike is off to the side of my line of travel
yep, I travel on the Pike often and it's always fine. Maybe there's traffic up ahead and it's suggesting shorter routes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemik View Post
Do you have avoid all toll roads set on your navi?
Def check your preferences in the navi section...
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 09:19 AM   #8
bryanr
Private First Class
bryanr's Avatar
4
Rep
116
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 e92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemik View Post
Do you have avoid all toll roads set on your navi?
Will check it out, thanks
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #9
bryanr
Private First Class
bryanr's Avatar
4
Rep
116
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 e92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemik View Post
Do you have avoid all toll roads set on your navi?
Only thing checked was "fast route", avoid tolls was not. Changed it from fastest to "use highways" to see if that changes it
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #10
leemik
Major
United_States
48
Rep
1,345
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 LRP M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Quincy, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [4.75]
sounds like your navi is defective.. I'd take it in..

I did accidentally leave "avoid toll roads" once and it kept making me get off the pike at every exit but once I set that off all was fine..

and my navi doesn't show me driving through people's houses, my navi doesn't show houses just off road areas.. does the 2008 Navi really show houses?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #11
bryanr
Private First Class
bryanr's Avatar
4
Rep
116
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 e92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemik View Post
sounds like your navi is defective.. I'd take it in..

I did accidentally leave "avoid toll roads" once and it kept making me get off the pike at every exit but once I set that off all was fine..

and my navi doesn't show me driving through people's houses, my navi doesn't show houses just off road areas.. does the 2008 Navi really show houses?
No there's no houses it's just what I picture in my head when I see the direction arrow plowing through streets

It's otherwise ok
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST