BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GTB Performance

09-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #23
Septro
Banned

Drives: '08 e90 335xi

LGBT violence and safety in schools doesn't hold a candle to:

Quote:
59% of all homicides in 2001 in Los Angeles and 53% in Chicago were gang related
source

With school-age kids being the largest community in jeopardy of being impacted by gang-violence in our major cities. But it seems pushing the gay agenda is more valuable to folks than making true meaningful change when it comes to school violence and bigotry. See its easy for libs to pick on what they define as 'homo-bashing religious zealots' since they don't really fight back but their cowardice comes full circle since they can never take on the hoodlums and gangsters.. funny too since homophobia runs rampant in gangs, you'd think it would bother them.
      09-17-2009, 12:40 PM   #24
Carter N
Enlisted Member

Drives: 09' GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
We've strayed away from this for far too long and have gotten lost in the PC culture that tries to teach everything is fair in life. And it's not.
Things in life are unfair because we make them that way...

when you sit by with this "it's going to happen anyways" attitude nothing productive is ever accomplished...

people like you are the reason kids are teased, kids are depressed, kids kill themselves, and kids kill others.
      09-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #25
jaiman
Captain

Drives: very fast

Quote:
And that's the point everyone is missing.

Trying to say that teaching tolerance and understanding in a school is going to make things better is asanine. If it's not taught or witnessed at home what happens at school isn't going to make a difference. Kids are going to be kids and pick on and make fun of other kids and people no matter how much "tolerance teaching" you throw at them. It's a fact of life.
Did your parents teach you calculus or did you learn that in school? Did your parents teach you the Pledge of Allegiance? Probably not. So, if you want to talk about asinine, the idea that everything needs to be reinforced at home in order to be learned is clearly asinine.

And would you not hold your own children to a higher standard than "Oh well, if they weren't picking on that kid someone else would be"?
      09-18-2009, 08:44 AM   #26
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
But the most logical connection between homosexuality and stopping violence would be to teach students that it isn't ok to be violent little biggots, committing violent acts against their fellow students who happen to be gay. The connection with safety would be promoting a safe environment for ALL students, including gay students. The linkage is so obvious it isn't even funny.

Why would YOUR mind automatically make some link between school safety and "gay orgies" and "recruiting straight people"? That is soooo far from my mind when I see the mention of "safety" and "homosexuallity" and "schools" together, that I just can't even comprehend what twisted mentality would read that and think "gay orgy" or "recruiting straight people".

What is sad is that the nutters think that promoting acceptance of gays in order to protect gay students from the well-documented history of violence and hazing they face in school is somehow radical, or in any way objectionable.
I was kidding, obviously.

While the reasons I stated were out of humorous jest, I do agree with many that this is not something for the schools to handle. Period.
      09-18-2009, 08:57 AM   #27
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter N View Post
Things in life are unfair because we make them that way...

when you sit by with this "it's going to happen anyways" attitude nothing productive is ever accomplished...

people like you are the reason kids are teased, kids are depressed, kids kill themselves, and kids kill others.
All these things have been going on forever, in all walks of life and all societies. Sure, some more often than others, but I think we're dealing with issues that stem from human nature and how fragile the adolescent psyche can be. Can we change that? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
Did your parents teach you calculus or did you learn that in school? Did your parents teach you the Pledge of Allegiance? Probably not. So, if you want to talk about asinine, the idea that everything needs to be reinforced at home in order to be learned is clearly asinine.

And would you not hold your own children to a higher standard than "Oh well, if they weren't picking on that kid someone else would be"?
So you're saying that schools should be in charge of teaching our children absolutely everything? About math, science, history, and how to live their lives properly? I'm no "family values" nutter, but there are things you need to learn in life outside of school.

I'll say this though: Kids today are fat, lazy, underappreciative pussies. Plain and simple. Someone picks on them, and they keep in bottled up until it explodes. Fight back when it starts and it won't get to that point. Kids have always picked on each other. It's just that these days, it's ok for a boy to wear women's jeans and makeup, and not defend himself until he's gone over the edge and solves the problem with guns (<-- emphasis on the "solving with guns" not "womens jeans and makeup"). Not every guy out there should be a lumberjack, but we need to start teaching kids it's ok to defend themselves when they are attacked or threatened. You have to break some eggs to make an omelette. You know what the most effective weapon against a bully is? Standing up to him. Takes his legs out from underneath him. Lessens his effect on everyone else. However, that's unlikely to happen these days, and bullies can run rampant because Junior won't fight back for fear of mommy and daddy grounding him from his XBox for a week due to the fact that he got in a tussle.

Society itself is being drastically negatively effected by the "pussification" and laziness of kids brought up today, and my children will not be a part of that. You know why? Because their parents made sure "being an adult" involved more than just turning 18. I'll be damned if I have to rely on the fkn school system to teach my children how to lead a good life.

What are schools now? Are we planning on making them take care of every developmental aspect of our children? Just sounds more like parents of America shirking on more responsibility to their children.
      09-18-2009, 09:03 AM   #28
Couch
Colonel

Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Couch
Quote:

I still stand by what I say, but I did use poor word choice in using 'asinine'.
      09-18-2009, 09:31 AM   #29
jaiman
Captain

Quote:
I still stand by what I say, but I did use poor word choice in using 'asinine'.
Its funny, because the part that worried me more was your attitude that some kids are going to get picked on, so we might as well let it happen. If your kid was a bully what would you do?
      09-18-2009, 09:33 AM   #30
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Quote:
If your kid was a bully what would you do?
Fix the situation at home. More often than not, the reasons behind a bully acting out are due to occurrences at home, not because they're gay and don't have anyone at school to tell them how to be properly gay.
      09-18-2009, 09:35 AM   #31
jaiman
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
All these things have been going on forever, in all walks of life and all societies. Sure, some more often than others, but I think we're dealing with issues that stem from human nature and how fragile the adolescent psyche can be. Can we change that? No.

So you're saying that schools should be in charge of teaching our children absolutely everything? About math, science, history, and how to live their lives properly? I'm no "family values" nutter, but there are things you need to learn in life outside of school.
Of course not. Schools can't teach kids everything. But I do think schools should set out expectations for behaviour that include the idea that you can't bully people who are different. And by setting up those rules of conduct you don't have to condone homosexuality to tell kids not to tease the gay kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I'll say this though: Kids today are fat, lazy, underappreciative pussies. Plain and simple. Someone picks on them, and they keep in bottled up until it explodes. Fight back when it starts and it won't get to that point. Kids have always picked on each other. It's just that these days, it's ok for a boy to wear women's jeans and makeup, and not defend himself until he's gone over the edge and solves the problem with guns (<-- emphasis on the "solving with guns" not "womens jeans and makeup"). Not every guy out there should be a lumberjack, but we need to start teaching kids it's ok to defend themselves when they are attacked or threatened. You have to break some eggs to make an omelette. You know what the most effective weapon against a bully is? Standing up to him. Takes his legs out from underneath him. Lessens his effect on everyone else. However, that's unlikely to happen these days, and bullies can run rampant because Junior won't fight back for fear of mommy and daddy grounding him from his XBox for a week due to the fact that he got in a tussle.

Society itself is being drastically negatively effected by the "pussification" and laziness of kids brought up today, and my children will not be a part of that. You know why? Because their parents made sure "being an adult" involved more than just turning 18. I'll be damned if I have to rely on the fkn school system to teach my children how to lead a good life.

What are schools now? Are we planning on making them take care of every developmental aspect of our children? Just sounds more like parents of America shirking on more responsibility to their children.
Pretty much agree completely.
      09-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #32
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
scott do you rememebr the moment you chose to be straight? I mean, if sexuality is a choice you'd obviously remember choosing your side right?
*I* remember when I decided my sexuality very well. I can't tell you the date, but I was taking a shower and the water was running off my head onto my other head. Then I noticed the drain cover was off the shower and I pumped that drain for all I was worth.
UncleWede is offline   United_States
      09-18-2009, 08:58 PM   #33
Mighty M
First Lieutenant

Drives: 08 M3 Jerez/FR Manual

The gay tolerance teaching is an offset to christian religious bigotry.

THERE.

Deal with it. Fuk these so called "values." They are hypocritical.

Love your fellow man, unless he is gay or not christian. Great. Just great. A fanatsictic model for governance of a country.

By the way thats how Iran is run. Hooray for Iran's form of government. Thats my new response to christian government. Christian government = Iranian government.

Hooray.
      09-18-2009, 10:00 PM   #34
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Those who are seemingly defending the "school-'safety' chief" do you defend this?
The "Fistgate" incident: What homosexual activists in schools do with children
Students as young as 12 given graphic instruction in bizarre homosexual sex acts by state employees
UPDATED: June 15, 2009

NOTE: Kevin Jennings, the founder of GLSEN was recently appointed by the Obama administration to run the Office of Safe & Drug Free Schools in the US Department of Education! Jennings was the Executive Director of GLSEN at the time of this conference and defended it.

"Fisting [forcing one's entire hand into another person's rectum or vagina] often gets a bad rap....[It's] an experience of letting somebody into your body that you want to be that close and intimate with...[and] to put you into an exploratory mode."

Listen to recording Part 1

Listen to recording Part 2

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
      09-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #35
Septro
Banned

Drives: '08 e90 335xi

Good find Scott. This relativism that libs spread stops being funny when it becomes personal and affects their own kids.

Fisting is appropriate for 12 year olds I guess for the Dems. The Dems should bust out 2girlsonecup to 6 year olds - I mean what's the diff?
      09-30-2009, 08:10 PM   #36
shpirate87
Captain

Drives: 335ix

More on this guy... http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...-incident.html