BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-18-2009, 01:13 AM   #23
AMJ_77
Captain
 
AMJ_77's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 667
iTrader: (2)

Hey Gang,
Sent in my rebate at the end of April and nothing! I came on here to see if this was common and if I should be angry and low and behold I find this thread. Funny really. It has been over 16 weeks for me and my check was not a small one by any means. I called them back at the end of the August and they said it had already been reviewed and was in the cheque cutting process. Over six weeks later I still have nothing. I wonder if an angry phone call is even worth it...
AMJ_77 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2009, 08:07 AM   #24
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,369
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Dinan non-rebate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Greg, did you receive the check they said was in the mail?
Are you kidding? No, no check. My guess is they are having serious cash flow issues in this economy, but to lie to customers is pretty low.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2009, 09:00 PM   #25
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Are you kidding? No, no check. My guess is they are having serious cash flow issues in this economy, but to lie to customers is pretty low.
Why they decided to lie is perplexing. Reflects extremely poorly on the brand.
__________________
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2009, 11:56 PM   #26
AMJ_77
Captain
 
AMJ_77's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 667
iTrader: (2)

Question then, should I not be expecting this money back?
AMJ_77 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2009, 12:59 AM   #27
albert1028
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 E90 Space Gray M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 390
iTrader: (0)

this type of situation, makes me feel like dinan is just a super rip off premium brand and makes me never want to give them my business despite how good of parts they have. Good parts does not equal good brand. Good brand is equal to Good products PLUS good service
albert1028 is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2009, 11:26 AM   #28
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert1028 View Post
this type of situation, makes me feel like dinan is just a super rip off premium brand and makes me never want to give them my business despite how good of parts they have. Good parts does not equal good brand. Good brand is equal to Good products PLUS good service
I will never do business with Dinan again--even if they come up with a magical mod that adds 100hp for $100.
__________________
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #29
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

Posts: 4,643
iTrader: (0)

I don't mean to ask a stupid question, but have any of you guys tried calling Dinan directly?

I know some of you guys have emailed them, but what about speaking with one of the head guys over there.....Possibly Mr. Dinan himself?

Just tryin' to help, that's all.
Nawaaz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #30
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,369
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Rebate action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
I don't mean to ask a stupid question, but have any of you guys tried calling Dinan directly?

I know some of you guys have emailed them, but what about speaking with one of the head guys over there.....Possibly Mr. Dinan himself?

Just tryin' to help, that's all.
I called once, but haven't taken it up the ladder. I'll wait until it's good and ridiculous, or if I confirm they lied to me about sending the check. I am am waiting for a response to my request they send me a replacement check for the one that is apparently "lost in the mail".
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #31
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

Posts: 4,643
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
I called once, but haven't taken it up the ladder. I'll wait until it's good and ridiculous, or if I confirm they lied to me about sending the check. I am am waiting for a response to my request they send me a replacement check for the one that is apparently "lost in the mail".
I know business' are always suppose to stand by their customers, but sometimes you gotta push them by personally talking with the head himself.

It's not the customer's job to do this dirty work, but if that's the only way......That's the only way.
Nawaaz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #32
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

Posts: 4,643
iTrader: (0)

Ok, don't get upset with me for getting in your business everyone, since I just wanted to help.

I called Dinan directly a few minutes ago, and spoke to the representative there. I told them how upset you guys were on not recieving your rebate checks after such a long time of waiting, waiting, and more waiting. I also told them that most of you all have already got in touch with the rebate center by email, but it was hopeless since you didn't find a solution.

I emailed the representative this specific thread's link. From what I understood, she told me that she would take this issue to Mr. Steve Dinan directly.

I hope Mr. Dinan can solve all your frustrations after my contact with them.

Take care guys.
Nawaaz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2009, 01:16 PM   #33
KINGLEH
Major
 
KINGLEH's Avatar
 
Drives: 00 GTR - 09 E92 M
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Charleston, SC

Posts: 1,043
iTrader: (1)

cool... that should help...


I was beginning to think i would never get the money.... I'm kind of bitter now for sure about Dinan and wont be buying anything else from them...
__________________
KINGLEH is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-22-2009, 02:21 AM   #34
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

I did call some time ago, and the "operator" would not connect me with anyone, and told me to email instead. No, I did not argue with the operator and insist on speaking with someone at that point.

I don't need to find out what happened to Greg's check to determine if the people responding to our emails/questions lied to us because I was told that my submission was processed, and that they were cutting the checks, and that I "should be seeing my check shortly". That was over 4 weeks ago. So if they were indeed cutting my check and I was supposed to receive it "shortly", where is it? Did mine get lost in the email as well? What are the chances of both my and Greg's checks getting lost in the mail? Not 0, but close. How long does it take to cut a check and mail it out? 5 weeks? What about the rest of the people who posted in this thread?
__________________
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #35
AMJ_77
Captain
 
AMJ_77's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 667
iTrader: (2)

I was told mine was cut 6 weeks ago (somewhere near the end of July I believe). I understand I am in Canada but in that amount of time they could have had someone walk to my house from california and hand deliver it to me. Very disappointing. I am more worried that I won't receive the money than anything else
AMJ_77 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2009, 12:07 PM   #36
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Moxie's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Stuttgart

Posts: 1,856
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ_77 View Post
I was told mine was cut 6 weeks ago (somewhere near the end of July I believe). I understand I am in Canada but in that amount of time they could have had someone walk to my house from california and hand deliver it to me. Very disappointing. I am more worried that I won't receive the money than anything else
Try the Better Business Bureau - You can fill everything out online. I had to use them to get our builder to repair our home when I was deployed. It works. If enough fill out a report, they will be put on a list of vendors that are not recommended.

Don't give up - That's what they are hoping for.
Moxie is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #37
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,369
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
New email from Dinan 9/26

"Dear DINAN Rebate customer,

I am a new manager at the fulfillment center processing rebates for DINAN. I would like to apologize for any delays in responding to your e-mails. There have been internal issues at the center and my task is to respond to all the requests and get the rebate checks out to all eligible participants as soon as possible. There were some checks cut that never reached their intended recipients and then there are those whose checks have yet to be cut. I know you have been waiting longer than expected and I hope to get these cleared up in the next several weeks.

I ask that you give me a chance to handle each request and I guarantee that all checks will be sent. I am personally going to follow each of the e-mail requests myself.

I appreciate you patience. If there are issues with your submission I will be contacting you again. If there are no problems then your check will just be sent to the address on the submission form.

Best regards"

No name signed.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #38
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
"Dear DINAN Rebate customer,

I am a new manager at the fulfillment center processing rebates for DINAN. I would like to apologize for any delays in responding to your e-mails. There have been internal issues at the center and my task is to respond to all the requests and get the rebate checks out to all eligible participants as soon as possible. There were some checks cut that never reached their intended recipients and then there are those whose checks have yet to be cut. I know you have been waiting longer than expected and I hope to get these cleared up in the next several weeks.

I ask that you give me a chance to handle each request and I guarantee that all checks will be sent. I am personally going to follow each of the e-mail requests myself.

I appreciate you patience. If there are issues with your submission I will be contacting you again. If there are no problems then your check will just be sent to the address on the submission form.

Best regards"

No name signed.
Yes, I recently got that email as well. This is clearly progress. Let's hope we get our checks soon.
__________________
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2009, 11:55 AM   #39
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Posts: 4,741
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
I hope this is the real deal for you guys....
__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #40
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

Posts: 4,643
iTrader: (0)

Awesome!

Looks like things are finally turning up. Hopefully it'll continue until everything is satisfactory for you guys.

All the best!

Last edited by Nawaaz; 09-28-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Nawaaz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #41
AMJ_77
Captain
 
AMJ_77's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 667
iTrader: (2)

That's funny, I have been waiting longer than you guys and have not gotten that email. Dinan = fail.
AMJ_77 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #42
BarryC
Major
 
Drives: '13 LRP M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kernersville NC

Posts: 1,154
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
"Dear DINAN Rebate customer,

I am a new manager at the fulfillment center processing rebates for DINAN. I would like to apologize for any delays in responding to your e-mails. There have been internal issues at the center and my task is to respond to all the requests and get the rebate checks out to all eligible participants as soon as possible. There were some checks cut that never reached their intended recipients and then there are those whose checks have yet to be cut. I know you have been waiting longer than expected and I hope to get these cleared up in the next several weeks.

I ask that you give me a chance to handle each request and I guarantee that all checks will be sent. I am personally going to follow each of the e-mail requests myself.

I appreciate you patience. If there are issues with your submission I will be contacting you again. If there are no problems then your check will just be sent to the address on the submission form.

Best regards"

No name signed.
Hopefully they get this done soon. I will say it annoys the crap out of me when there is no name attached. Always makes me feel like the person is hiding....

BC
__________________
2014 M5
BarryC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #43
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,369
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryC View Post
Hopefully they get this done soon. I will say it annoys the crap out of me when there is no name attached. Always makes me feel like the person is hiding....

BC
Yes, kind of wierd to write it so personally then not give his/her name. If they really wanted to show they were addressing things, they shold have given out their personal email and direct phone number.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #44
BarryC
Major
 
Drives: '13 LRP M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kernersville NC

Posts: 1,154
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Yes, kind of wierd to write it so personally then not give his/her name. If they really wanted to show they were addressing things, they shold have given out their personal email and direct phone number.
My point exactly....
__________________
2014 M5
BarryC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST