BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

09-18-2009, 09:21 AM   #1
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Road Signs...???...

I realize that at least 45 other people in this country think this is a complete waste of money, are there any more that think the same??
Quote:
They're spending hundreds of billions of dollars to stimulate the economy, so Senate Democrats said Wednesday they might as well spend millions putting up signs to highlight where the money is being spent.

The road signs, which let motorists know the paving and construction projects they see are being paid for by the $787 billion economic stimulus program, have popped up across the country. In a 52-45 vote, the Senate decided the signs should stay.

"Why on earth would you want to hide from the American people the fact that the recovery package we passed is putting people to work?" asked Sen. Barbara Boxer, California Democrat, who took the lead in defending the expenditure. She said stimulus spending is beginning to improve the economy and charged that Republicans and Democrats who voted to strip out the funds are angry about that success.
Full Write Up Here

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
      09-18-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Drives: VF

Yeah there is a huge widening project underway on a big road out by where I live, which started about a year and a half ago. The intended finished product is the same today as it was then. However, now it's somehow magically funded by the stimulus.... A sign popped up shortly after the bill was passed. Hmm.... So, either they got knee deep in the project without secure funding throughout, or the sign was put up halfway through just to try to show the American people justification for the bill. I'm guessing it was the latter.
      09-18-2009, 11:11 PM   #3
DaveO
Private First Class

Drives: 3 BMWs

Send a message via AIM to DaveO
What a complete waste. This is absolutely idiotic and a waste of time and resources when we them.
      09-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
maswastage
Resident Diesel Junkie

Drives: 2010 AW 335d

Ah, ok, so I know exactly who to thank for the fact that major portions of I-270 and the beltway, which were in good condition before the "stimulus," are now torn apart and in construction, causing hours upon hours of unneeded traffic congestion, and forcing me to drive 20 mph under the speed limit for fear of bending my rims when the road suddenly dips or rises 3 inches without warning.

Yeah, thanks indeed
      09-24-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
fdsasdasdf
Captain

Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp

Yeah, they're changing an asston of road signs here in NC. The outer beltline and inner beltline are being renamed to 440 East and 440 West.

Great use of stimulus money, guys

I swear whenever people are given money they just have no idea what to do with it. That's why this stimulus stuff is BS.
      09-28-2009, 02:17 AM   #6
sayemthree
Brigadier General

Drives: bmw

Barbara Boxer = FAIL.