BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

INDustry distribution

09-25-2009, 06:24 PM   #23
shpirate87
Captain

Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Do you really think companies have your best interest at heart? If that's the case then I have a bridge in brooklyn I want to sell you.
I think they (companies) have their own best interest at heart. Dead customers don't buy anything. Products that kill people find it rough going in the market place.

Do you really think the government has your best interest at heart?
      09-25-2009, 09:26 PM   #24
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
I think they (companies) have their own best interest at heart. Dead customers don't buy anything. Products that kill people find it rough going in the market place.

Do you really think the government has your best interest at heart?
Sure they do, they're giving me free healthcare, cheap cars, free TVs and now i don't have to pay my mortgage... the president told me so.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
      09-25-2009, 10:39 PM   #25
Kev
Resident Anesthesiologist

Drives: VW bug with a misplaced engine

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by maswastage View Post
Construction of roads and policing are subject to the free rider problem and are therefore must be operated by the government. The other agencies that you mention are responsible for regulating, not operating. The job of the government is to be the ref, not a player.

The difference in this case is that the government is trying to move from regulating health care, which is perfectly acceptable, to operating health care, which is not.
As if they weren't already operating health care. Do you know Medicare and Medicaid? The Medicare reimbursement rate is already the benchmark for private insurance reimbursement to physicians. Also, people are ignoring the fact the government is already pouring in ton of money (fed, state, local) into hospitals to fund their operation in the name of "charity care". Take a look at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle and Boston Medical Center in the South End of Boston. Their operation budget is mostly derived from tax money to provide care to patients who can't afford care. The system now is really fucked up that people that work hard have no access to care while people who don't work, or choose a not so healthy life style get free care from these programs. The current system is broken in so many levels, it's not even funny.
      09-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #26
hhkim
Lieutenant

Drives: '10 335d

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to hhkim Send a message via MSN to hhkim
lawl are you serious.