BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-25-2009, 01:24 AM   #23
Arth
Arth
United Arab Emirates
2
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: Audi R8 V8 2011
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Arth
here you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingBMW View Post
torn between these 2. drove the cayman S already, loved it. But i will probably love the m3 more. what do you guys think?
Well Here is my Cayman S

Ill also copy/paste a little experience of mine vc a R8....



"Here is one of the most exiting afternoons I've spent in Dubai so far. And oh yes, there is some CaymanS action in their.

Please note that the conditions were extremely safe and there was absolutely no one there but us. None of us are careless drivers and would have not gone through with it if their was even the slightest hint of bystanders.

It was a sunny (as usual) afternoon. Me and a group of around 7 people were at the Palm Jumierah beach resort at a friends place sipping on juices, and enjoying the blazing sun.

The time came to around 4:00 p.m and out of no where the discussion of sport cars came up. After several comparison's and discussions we each started asking each other what we all drove. Now their were 7 of us, 4 guys and 3 women.

It came down to this: 1 Audi S5 (DSG), 1 Porsche CaymanS (PDK), 1 AUDI R8 (DSG), and 1 Ferrari F430 (F1 paddles). The talks became more and more intense and at the end we decide we would go for a little drag race (i know thats not what caymans are for) between the cars in a remote area that one of the guys (S5 owner) worked at. It supposedly had a long straight that was deserted during the weekends as their was no workforce their during weekends.

So we packed up our stuff and headed there. Now I know living in dubai, seeing cars like the convoy we were in was a normal day to day thing. But that still didn't stop the onlookers from pointing and snapping pics and giving us all the thumbs up as they drove by. Its as if they knew we were heading to have a little battle of our own in some deserted area.

Finally we got there(IT WAS REALLY DESERTED OR I WOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT) and decided that we would do 5 launches from one end to the other. Suddenly the F430 guy decided he wanted nothing of the racing and just wanted to watch. Now even though I was disappointed as I wanted to see how much faster that car is in real life, this meant that It wasn't going to be a blowout.

Now even though I'm not the kind of guy who likes drag races, hence the reason I bought the cayman, I wanted to do this too see just how I compare to an R8 and S5. The other reason was that we hadn't reserved a day at the track so their was no way we could compare these cars there. This will be the next event though.

We dropped of the ladies at the finish line and they waited with the F430 owner on the side.

It was time for the first run. we lined up and switched off our air conditions.
You could see every driver was a bit nervous and we each took to setting our controls to maximum power and sportiness.

I decided I would not go for LC the first time, just to see what happens. I set the Sport Plus button on and kept PSM on. I didn't use the paddle shifters and instead decided to let the car do the shifting for me the first time out.

The middle car( S5) honked 3 times and we were off!!

The sound of all 3 cars was intoxicating and couldn't help but put a smile on all our faces. But wait..... who was in the lead........ I WAS...... and as the car shifted through the 1st gear into 2nd I realized that the S5 was just no match and started to fall back more and more... The R8 however was right up my tail. This is where things got interesting. Having a big V8 I would notice that during revving of the gears the R8 would very slowly but truly gain on me, but the minute it was time to change up a gear you would see me suddenly Jolt ahead again.

Conclusion: The PDK is absolutely fantastic and puts Audi's gearbox to shame( even though it is one of the best out there). The first run came to an end and I was at the finishing line with the nose of the R8 at my boot. So yes it was close... very close... but in the end the caymans was faster. The look of disbelief on his face after the race was priceless... he just couldn't believe it, and to be honest... neither could I, nor the S5 owner or the F430 owner!!!

This was repeated 4 more times and each time the result was the same. The S5 came in 3rd with me and the R8 biting at each other. I however beat it every single time. Keep in note that I did not once use LC... as I just didn't need to. And he knew it.

I predict that had I used it, the difference would have been even greater.

Here are some points that you should take into consideration:

1. The conditions were HOT, very hot.
2. Their was sand on the tarmac.... its dubai... there is sand everywhere.
3. We would get to around 180 to 200 Km/h before having to slow down as we would have reached the end of the straight.
4. I believe that had there been more room the R8 would have won due to the V8 eventually taking over.
5. Windows were kept open in all cars for the purpose of hearing the engines.
6. I do not believe had my car been a manual the same results would have occurred.

That being said... he is now looking into the R8 V10..... I'm happy with my Cayman thank you very much

Next time will be at the track.. and hopefully the F430 will join. I will also get some videos for proof incase anyone wants to criticize and say NO WAY!

All in all it was fun afternoon and to be honest I did not think the results would turn up like that.
Attached Images
         
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 09:31 AM   #24
keanu1
tiamat
keanu1's Avatar
Romania
29
Rep
1,326
Posts

Drives: 525 d
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: romania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arth View Post
Well Here is my Cayman S

Ill also copy/paste a little experience of mine vc a R8....



"Here is one of the most exiting afternoons I've spent in Dubai so far. And oh yes, there is some CaymanS action in their.

Please note that the conditions were extremely safe and there was absolutely no one there but us. None of us are careless drivers and would have not gone through with it if their was even the slightest hint of bystanders.

It was a sunny (as usual) afternoon. Me and a group of around 7 people were at the Palm Jumierah beach resort at a friends place sipping on juices, and enjoying the blazing sun.

The time came to around 4:00 p.m and out of no where the discussion of sport cars came up. After several comparison's and discussions we each started asking each other what we all drove. Now their were 7 of us, 4 guys and 3 women.

It came down to this: 1 Audi S5 (DSG), 1 Porsche CaymanS (PDK), 1 AUDI R8 (DSG), and 1 Ferrari F430 (F1 paddles). The talks became more and more intense and at the end we decide we would go for a little drag race (i know thats not what caymans are for) between the cars in a remote area that one of the guys (S5 owner) worked at. It supposedly had a long straight that was deserted during the weekends as their was no workforce their during weekends.

So we packed up our stuff and headed there. Now I know living in dubai, seeing cars like the convoy we were in was a normal day to day thing. But that still didn't stop the onlookers from pointing and snapping pics and giving us all the thumbs up as they drove by. Its as if they knew we were heading to have a little battle of our own in some deserted area.

Finally we got there(IT WAS REALLY DESERTED OR I WOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT) and decided that we would do 5 launches from one end to the other. Suddenly the F430 guy decided he wanted nothing of the racing and just wanted to watch. Now even though I was disappointed as I wanted to see how much faster that car is in real life, this meant that It wasn't going to be a blowout.

Now even though I'm not the kind of guy who likes drag races, hence the reason I bought the cayman, I wanted to do this too see just how I compare to an R8 and S5. The other reason was that we hadn't reserved a day at the track so their was no way we could compare these cars there. This will be the next event though.

We dropped of the ladies at the finish line and they waited with the F430 owner on the side.

It was time for the first run. we lined up and switched off our air conditions.
You could see every driver was a bit nervous and we each took to setting our controls to maximum power and sportiness.

I decided I would not go for LC the first time, just to see what happens. I set the Sport Plus button on and kept PSM on. I didn't use the paddle shifters and instead decided to let the car do the shifting for me the first time out.

The middle car( S5) honked 3 times and we were off!!

The sound of all 3 cars was intoxicating and couldn't help but put a smile on all our faces. But wait..... who was in the lead........ I WAS...... and as the car shifted through the 1st gear into 2nd I realized that the S5 was just no match and started to fall back more and more... The R8 however was right up my tail. This is where things got interesting. Having a big V8 I would notice that during revving of the gears the R8 would very slowly but truly gain on me, but the minute it was time to change up a gear you would see me suddenly Jolt ahead again.

Conclusion: The PDK is absolutely fantastic and puts Audi's gearbox to shame( even though it is one of the best out there). The first run came to an end and I was at the finishing line with the nose of the R8 at my boot. So yes it was close... very close... but in the end the caymans was faster. The look of disbelief on his face after the race was priceless... he just couldn't believe it, and to be honest... neither could I, nor the S5 owner or the F430 owner!!!

This was repeated 4 more times and each time the result was the same. The S5 came in 3rd with me and the R8 biting at each other. I however beat it every single time. Keep in note that I did not once use LC... as I just didn't need to. And he knew it.

I predict that had I used it, the difference would have been even greater.

Here are some points that you should take into consideration:

1. The conditions were HOT, very hot.
2. Their was sand on the tarmac.... its dubai... there is sand everywhere.
3. We would get to around 180 to 200 Km/h before having to slow down as we would have reached the end of the straight.
4. I believe that had there been more room the R8 would have won due to the V8 eventually taking over.
5. Windows were kept open in all cars for the purpose of hearing the engines.
6. I do not believe had my car been a manual the same results would have occurred.

That being said... he is now looking into the R8 V10..... I'm happy with my Cayman thank you very much

Next time will be at the track.. and hopefully the F430 will join. I will also get some videos for proof incase anyone wants to criticize and say NO WAY!

All in all it was fun afternoon and to be honest I did not think the results would turn up like that.
My god you have nice lives there in Dubai!! Someday i will visit your country!!
Congrats for the winning, and nice cars you have!!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #25
M3 Montreal
Colonel
33
Rep
2,194
Posts

Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal , Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arth View Post
Well Here is my Cayman S

Ill also copy/paste a little experience of mine vc a R8....



"Here is one of the most exiting afternoons I've spent in Dubai so far. And oh yes, there is some CaymanS action in their.

Please note that the conditions were extremely safe and there was absolutely no one there but us. None of us are careless drivers and would have not gone through with it if their was even the slightest hint of bystanders.

It was a sunny (as usual) afternoon. Me and a group of around 7 people were at the Palm Jumierah beach resort at a friends place sipping on juices, and enjoying the blazing sun.

The time came to around 4:00 p.m and out of no where the discussion of sport cars came up. After several comparison's and discussions we each started asking each other what we all drove. Now their were 7 of us, 4 guys and 3 women.

It came down to this: 1 Audi S5 (DSG), 1 Porsche CaymanS (PDK), 1 AUDI R8 (DSG), and 1 Ferrari F430 (F1 paddles). The talks became more and more intense and at the end we decide we would go for a little drag race (i know thats not what caymans are for) between the cars in a remote area that one of the guys (S5 owner) worked at. It supposedly had a long straight that was deserted during the weekends as their was no workforce their during weekends.

So we packed up our stuff and headed there. Now I know living in dubai, seeing cars like the convoy we were in was a normal day to day thing. But that still didn't stop the onlookers from pointing and snapping pics and giving us all the thumbs up as they drove by. Its as if they knew we were heading to have a little battle of our own in some deserted area.

Finally we got there(IT WAS REALLY DESERTED OR I WOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT) and decided that we would do 5 launches from one end to the other. Suddenly the F430 guy decided he wanted nothing of the racing and just wanted to watch. Now even though I was disappointed as I wanted to see how much faster that car is in real life, this meant that It wasn't going to be a blowout.

Now even though I'm not the kind of guy who likes drag races, hence the reason I bought the cayman, I wanted to do this too see just how I compare to an R8 and S5. The other reason was that we hadn't reserved a day at the track so their was no way we could compare these cars there. This will be the next event though.

We dropped of the ladies at the finish line and they waited with the F430 owner on the side.

It was time for the first run. we lined up and switched off our air conditions.
You could see every driver was a bit nervous and we each took to setting our controls to maximum power and sportiness.

I decided I would not go for LC the first time, just to see what happens. I set the Sport Plus button on and kept PSM on. I didn't use the paddle shifters and instead decided to let the car do the shifting for me the first time out.

The middle car( S5) honked 3 times and we were off!!

The sound of all 3 cars was intoxicating and couldn't help but put a smile on all our faces. But wait..... who was in the lead........ I WAS...... and as the car shifted through the 1st gear into 2nd I realized that the S5 was just no match and started to fall back more and more... The R8 however was right up my tail. This is where things got interesting. Having a big V8 I would notice that during revving of the gears the R8 would very slowly but truly gain on me, but the minute it was time to change up a gear you would see me suddenly Jolt ahead again.

Conclusion: The PDK is absolutely fantastic and puts Audi's gearbox to shame( even though it is one of the best out there). The first run came to an end and I was at the finishing line with the nose of the R8 at my boot. So yes it was close... very close... but in the end the caymans was faster. The look of disbelief on his face after the race was priceless... he just couldn't believe it, and to be honest... neither could I, nor the S5 owner or the F430 owner!!!

This was repeated 4 more times and each time the result was the same. The S5 came in 3rd with me and the R8 biting at each other. I however beat it every single time. Keep in note that I did not once use LC... as I just didn't need to. And he knew it.

I predict that had I used it, the difference would have been even greater.

Here are some points that you should take into consideration:

1. The conditions were HOT, very hot.
2. Their was sand on the tarmac.... its dubai... there is sand everywhere.
3. We would get to around 180 to 200 Km/h before having to slow down as we would have reached the end of the straight.
4. I believe that had there been more room the R8 would have won due to the V8 eventually taking over.
5. Windows were kept open in all cars for the purpose of hearing the engines.
6. I do not believe had my car been a manual the same results would have occurred.

That being said... he is now looking into the R8 V10..... I'm happy with my Cayman thank you very much

Next time will be at the track.. and hopefully the F430 will join. I will also get some videos for proof incase anyone wants to criticize and say NO WAY!

All in all it was fun afternoon and to be honest I did not think the results would turn up like that.
VERY nice write up and I agree with you that had you had a manual gearbox you would have lost to the R8 and also had you gone past the 180-200kmph mark he would have passed you.

I absolutely LOVE the R8 V10. I was not too impressed with the V8 version and it felt like they rushed it out to market and just dumped the existing RS4 engine into such a beautiful car. NOW with the V10 it's truly a supercar.

Cayman S changed drastically in 2009. I would not have bought an 08 but the 09 with PDK is absolutely amazing + more power + LSD !

Too bad I need back seats...
__________________
2012 E92-M3 Space Grey on Fox Red, DCT

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 07:36 AM   #26
Arth
Arth
United Arab Emirates
2
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: Audi R8 V8 2011
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Arth
To be totally honest, one of the cars I was considering was the 2009 M3( I previously owned a 2004 e46).

But for some reason the M3 in Dubai is at 100k$ ><. That was way over my budget!

It is way overpriced compared to everywhere else

So i ended up going the P-car way.( not that i have regretted it)

Now the M3 is probably the most well balanced all round sports saloon/coupe there is out there in my opinion.

But I ask you just once to get in a 2009 and above CaymanS and take it for a spin and you will realize just how different these two cars are. All that underpowered criticism of the past is really now just a thing of the past. It holds its own(especially with PDK) against most sports cars and when a corner comes along, it just leaves them in the dust.

The R8 owner will be receiving his new V10 around January... he is just itching for a re-match
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 01:55 AM   #27
A-18
Enlisted Member
A-18's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: E93 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCalE93

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Mind at wells get E93 M3 hard top Convertible like mine U will get a lot of girls with
cayman S its a normal car
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2009, 02:03 PM   #28
mrwonder
Gone but not forgotten: 08 E92 AW M3
mrwonder's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
149
Posts

Drives: 2015 Porsche Macan
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Altos

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
I spent a really long time comparing the two... annnnd heres what i got down to...


It depends on what you want out of the car. The cayman is going to be like a glove, the true sports car, fast enough with much better agility. You would have more fun with this one zipping around town just because the handling is THAT good.

The M3 is more practical, more comfortable, and faster in a straight line. Its also ALOT bigger, and it Feels like its even bigger than it actually is. Not a good thing. The handling is nice, but not as nice as the Cayman S. It has a better service plan.


P car Pro's
-Handling
-Gas Milage
-Porsche>BMW
-True Sports car


BM
-Straight line speed
-Comfort/practicality
-covered Maitainence



So now you choose.
I am a proud owner of both and 100% agree with this assessment. The Cayman provides a more intimate driving experience and is great for the weekends, but the M3 is a more practical choice for daily use.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 12:01 AM   #29
temelj
New Member
temelj's Avatar
0
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: E92 335i M '08
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 335 M  [0.00]
if "bitches" is what you're after, lawyer up regardless of car
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 02:11 AM   #30
Action JacksonE92
Private
3
Rep
60
Posts

Drives: 2009 E92 DCT
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

The cayman is just too feminine for me. I would go 911 or GT3 if I ever went with Porsche. That's just me.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 10:11 AM   #31
sgrinavi
First Lieutenant
United_States
10
Rep
343
Posts

Drives: 2012 911GTS & 2015 Macan
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SW FL

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I traded my M3 in on a 2014 Cayman S - Both great cars, the M3 is a better DD, but feels like a muscle car compared to the Porsche. The cayman is really small and doesn't have room to haul anything. If I had to do it over again I would probably go with a 911s
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 12:24 PM   #32
swifty
Major
35
Rep
1,450
Posts

Drives: FO M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: canada

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrinavi View Post
I traded my M3 in on a 2014 Cayman S - Both great cars, the M3 is a better DD, but feels like a muscle car compared to the Porsche. The cayman is really small and doesn't have room to haul anything. If I had to do it over again I would probably go with a 911s
When you say it doesn't have room, are you stating the trunk and frunk are not sufficient for daily duties/road trips or hauling bigger things like plywood/home improvement stuff etc.

I'm curious because I would love to get a cayman S or GTS before I have any kids. The back seats on my M are rarely ever used.
__________________
__________________
Past: '89 Olds, Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335

Current: '13 FO e92 M3, Swifts, Akra Evo ... otherwise trying to stay OEM as possible!!

Last edited by swifty; 03-02-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 01:34 PM   #33
sgrinavi
First Lieutenant
United_States
10
Rep
343
Posts

Drives: 2012 911GTS & 2015 Macan
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SW FL

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
When you say it doesn't have room, are you stating the trunk and frunk are not sufficient for daily duties/road trips or hauling bigger things like plywood/home improvement stuff etc.

I'm curious because I would love to get a cayman S or GTS before I have any kids. The back seats on my M are rarely ever used.
Never tried to haul plywood, but, not big enough to pick up groceries at the local Costco on the way home from work or go on a trip and take some luggage or even bring my drone to work in the case.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 03:09 PM   #34
swifty
Major
35
Rep
1,450
Posts

Drives: FO M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: canada

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrinavi View Post
Never tried to haul plywood, but, not big enough to pick up groceries at the local Costco on the way home from work or go on a trip and take some luggage or even bring my drone to work in the case.

Costco makes sense considering the size of their packaging but I see many guys going on long trips with the Cayman on Planet 9. However, I assume they are using duffel bag type of luggage.
__________________
__________________
Past: '89 Olds, Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335

Current: '13 FO e92 M3, Swifts, Akra Evo ... otherwise trying to stay OEM as possible!!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 03:34 PM   #35
sgrinavi
First Lieutenant
United_States
10
Rep
343
Posts

Drives: 2012 911GTS & 2015 Macan
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SW FL

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Costco makes sense considering the size of their packaging but I see many guys going on long trips with the Cayman on Planet 9. However, I assume they are using duffel bag type of luggage.


Long trip distance wise or time wise?

Our shit for more than a long weekend wouldn't fit in my car nor would I want to cram it in there.

If it's enough room for you then go for it.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 03:48 PM   #36
swifty
Major
35
Rep
1,450
Posts

Drives: FO M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: canada

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrinavi View Post
Long trip distance wise or time wise?

Our shit for more than a long weekend wouldn't fit in my car nor would I want to cram it in there.

If it's enough room for you then go for it.
Appreciate the feedback. On planet 9 constantly reading how ppl live with this car on a daily basis. Only problem with getting it right now is the fact that I just bought a new e92 m3 last year but I would like to continue the NA path in the future as well. Not many options out there than what porsche is offering and even they are about to add turbos. If I do go with a turbo, I'm going to wait on the M2 and see what the reviews are like.
__________________
__________________
Past: '89 Olds, Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335

Current: '13 FO e92 M3, Swifts, Akra Evo ... otherwise trying to stay OEM as possible!!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 04:20 PM   #37
sgrinavi
First Lieutenant
United_States
10
Rep
343
Posts

Drives: 2012 911GTS & 2015 Macan
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SW FL

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Appreciate the feedback. On planet 9 constantly reading how ppl live with this car on a daily basis. Only problem with getting it right now is the fact that I just bought a new e92 m3 last year but I would like to continue the NA path in the future as well. Not many options out there than what porsche is offering and even they are about to add turbos. If I do go with a turbo, I'm going to wait on the M2 and see what the reviews are like.
I'm with you that. I'm actually thinking about a new GT350 because of it. So sad.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 11:11 PM   #38
ASBSECU E93
Lieutenant
ASBSECU E93's Avatar
283
Rep
482
Posts

Drives: 2013 E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NC

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
When you say it doesn't have room, are you stating the trunk and frunk are not sufficient for daily duties/road trips or hauling bigger things like plywood/home improvement stuff etc.

I'm curious because I would love to get a cayman S or GTS before I have any kids. The back seats on my M are rarely ever used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrinavi View Post
Never tried to haul plywood, but, not big enough to pick up groceries at the local Costco on the way home from work or go on a trip and take some luggage or even bring my drone to work in the case.
If you are hauling anything other than ass in these cars...you're doing it wrong

Buy a cheap truck for weekend projects...
__________________
2013 E93 M3 6MT
2011 Jetta TDi 6MT | Malone Tune | RawTek DP and Straight Pipe Exhaust (DON'T SLEEP ON THE DIESEL)
2007 Tacoma 4x4 6MT | Dog Hauler
2007 E93 335i | Stage II Dinan | Dinan CIA | AA Exhaust | FOOSE Speed Rims (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 11:03 AM   #39
sgrinavi
First Lieutenant
United_States
10
Rep
343
Posts

Drives: 2012 911GTS & 2015 Macan
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SW FL

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
If you are hauling anything other than ass in these cars...you're doing it wrong

Buy a cheap truck for weekend projects...
I use the truck we have at work for hauling plywood and mulch, although my wife thinks her 328 is fully capable of hauling furniture and bags of potting soil LOL

When I was working in Germany I was surprised at how many nice cars I saw with trailer hitches hauling small utility trailers. Even a few newish 911's.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 01:44 PM   #40
M3 GT4
Banned
No_Country
9
Rep
75
Posts

Drives: M3 GT4
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Regensburg Factory

iTrader: (0)

Caymans are too small, feels like a race kart. It's the same size as a miata. Excellent for driving sensations but with other cars (and trucks) around you on public roads, no thanks. 911 is much better for that reason.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 07:20 PM   #41
MDREDev
Private
14
Rep
85
Posts

Drives: Gremlin
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: 'Merica

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 GT4 View Post
Caymans are too small, feels like a race kart. It's the same size as a miata. Excellent for driving sensations but with other cars (and trucks) around you on public roads, no thanks. 911 is much better for that reason.
That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. The Cayman is exactly 4 inches shorter than a 911 and has the same width and height as today's 911. A 993 versioned 911 is actually smaller than a Cayman.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 12:39 AM   #42
BzsBimmer
2-4-6-8 My car and house depreciate
BzsBimmer's Avatar
United_States
73
Rep
2,486
Posts

Drives: 2010 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Modesto CA

iTrader: (15)

Send a message via Yahoo to BzsBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by temelj View Post
if "bitches" is what you're after, lawyer up regardless of car
Dayum.. you bumped a thread from 2009!
With a M3, you can get 3 biatches in the car, Cayman 1
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 01:07 AM   #43
askjeeves
Lieutenant
10
Rep
556
Posts

Drives: 350z/e92 m3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrinavi View Post
I traded my M3 in on a 2014 Cayman S - Both great cars, the M3 is a better DD, but feels like a muscle car compared to the Porsche. The cayman is really small and doesn't have room to haul anything. If I had to do it over again I would probably go with a 911s
hey Steve. have you had a chance to get the cayman on track yet? btw what are you doing with a drone at work? if you ever need another one let me know.
__________________
2011 e92 ///m3 zcp - jzb/fr
ED 6/29/10
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 01:50 AM   #44
Ezio
Brigadier General
Ezio's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
3,568
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDREDev View Post
That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. The Cayman is exactly 4 inches shorter than a 911 and has the same width and height as today's 911. A 993 versioned 911 is actually smaller than a Cayman.
Would you put your numbers away. just look at a cayman, it looks smaller, feels smaller. the 911 is so much more aggressive looking, very wide in the rear.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:24 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST