BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
lib
Major
lib's Avatar
37
Rep
1,405
Posts

 
Drives: <This space for rent>
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ATX

iTrader: (0)

In case of...

I debated posting this because it really isn't fair in my opinion.

But, after much deliberation, I know a few of you will laugh your asses off and a few others will explode and post something interesting so here you go....
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
EDK99
Captain
United_States
15
Rep
935
Posts

 
Drives: 07 E85 M
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Yes it is funny and true. This seems to be one of the top go to response in the Dems playbook to distract and deflect attention from the hot issue.

Unfortunately racism is used so loosely today that for me it has lost most of its meaning. What really got me was last week when Jimmy Carter said that Joe Wilson was being racist for for his "you lie" comment. So now the Dems will say that your are racist if you disagree with the president but when Bush was president the Dems were saying that it was patriotic to disagree with the president.
__________________
2007 e85
Imola Red | Black Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Premium | Navigation | Heated Seats
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 06:44 AM   #3
maswastage
Resident Diesel Junkie
maswastage's Avatar
21
Rep
1,072
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 AW 335d
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

In all fairness there could be one with the Republicans running for the "socialist" card But yes, both generalizations are bad, don't make them.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #4
bolinp78
G35 convertee
bolinp78's Avatar
25
Rep
1,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maswastage View Post
In all fairness there could be one with the Republicans running for the "socialist" card But yes, both generalizations are bad, don't make them.
Whether or not people use the word "socialist" or "socialism" correctly is besides the point. The idea and/or the implimentation of socialism or socialist practices in general have a direct effect on the welfare of society. Those of us that do not believe in socialist practices are against Obama partly for the simple reason that he is in the process of pushing as many socialist initiatives as he can.

Although racism is alive and well today to an extent, it is on a completely different playing field in regards to the welfare of society. I am not saying that it is not a largely negative aspect of society, but it does not have the implications that a socialist state has.

I can promise you that whenever the "race card" is pulled, it is done so as to provide a crutch. This is largely what racism has become in my opinion.

When the "socialist card" is pulled, it is because over half of the country is scared shitless of Obama's socialist agenda.

So in conclusion, "playing the socialism card" is not the same thing as pulling the "race card".
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #5
jaiman
Captain
9
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: very fast
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
Whether or not people use the word "socialist" or "socialism" correctly is besides the point. The idea and/or the implimentation of socialism or socialist practices in general have a direct effect on the welfare of society. Those of us that do not believe in socialist practices are against Obama partly for the simple reason that he is in the process of pushing as many socialist initiatives as he can.

Although racism is alive and well today to an extent, it is on a completely different playing field in regards to the welfare of society. I am not saying that it is not a largely negative aspect of society, but it does not have the implications that a socialist state has.

I can promise you that whenever the "race card" is pulled, it is done so as to provide a crutch. This is largely what racism has become in my opinion.

When the "socialist card" is pulled, it is because over half of the country is scared shitless of Obama's socialist agenda.

So in conclusion, "playing the socialism card" is not the same thing as pulling the "race card".
So would you rather live in 1860s America or present day Sweden?

A country cannot survive with institutionalized racism (see South Africa), but there are several countries that are doing just fine that you would label as socialist.


Regardless, I do find some of the calls of racism to be silly and transparent.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
166
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Jesus was black?

__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 12:50 PM   #7
maswastage
Resident Diesel Junkie
maswastage's Avatar
21
Rep
1,072
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 AW 335d
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
Whether or not people use the word "socialist" or "socialism" correctly is besides the point. The idea and/or the implimentation of socialism or socialist practices in general have a direct effect on the welfare of society. Those of us that do not believe in socialist practices are against Obama partly for the simple reason that he is in the process of pushing as many socialist initiatives as he can.

Although racism is alive and well today to an extent, it is on a completely different playing field in regards to the welfare of society. I am not saying that it is not a largely negative aspect of society, but it does not have the implications that a socialist state has.

I can promise you that whenever the "race card" is pulled, it is done so as to provide a crutch. This is largely what racism has become in my opinion.

When the "socialist card" is pulled, it is because over half of the country is scared shitless of Obama's socialist agenda.

So in conclusion, "playing the socialism card" is not the same thing as pulling the "race card".
Easy there, I'm on your side about this issue. I was just pointing out that there are people blinding pointing and shouting "socialist!" just as there are people blindly pointing and shouting "racist!"

And yes, our President is pushing socialist agendas with which I do not agree.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #8
bolinp78
G35 convertee
bolinp78's Avatar
25
Rep
1,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maswastage View Post
Easy there, I'm on your side about this issue. I was just pointing out that there are people blinding pointing and shouting "socialist!" just as there are people blindly pointing and shouting "racist!"

And yes, our President is pushing socialist agendas with which I do not agree.
I agree, it is happening on both sides.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST