BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #23
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
 
dlbrooks18's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 3,565
iTrader: (2)

I love the E46 body and agree the only turn off is the interior which is outdated.. lot's of tuning potential just like the 335.. The 335 can add loads of hp + torque for less $ than the E46 M3, but the M has HPF kit ... I'm also addicted to torque and the 335 has plenty and when tuned torque output is comparable to supercar performance, so from a dig and especially with an LSD you are always one of the fastest car's on the road at any given time.. of course someone is always faster, but I bet you win 9 out of 10 dig races anyday

check this out:

__________________

2008 E90 335
dlbrooks18 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2009, 04:53 PM   #24
eunosracr
Colonel
 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: here

Posts: 2,100
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
thats because the S54 is a hell of a motor and you got a cooler car.....congrats!
Thanks. Not to mention the fact that the 335i will give you high pressure fuel pump problems ( i went through 2), injector problems and probably coil issues while the s54 is pretty much rock solid.
eunosracr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2009, 09:19 PM   #25
graider
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

let forget about performance for a sec.

look wise, the 335 got nothing on the m3. that's alone is the deal breaker.
graider is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2009, 11:16 PM   #26
retrodrive
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 1,938
iTrader: (8)

lol...e92 335 beats e46 M3 in pretty much every test out there in a straight line or the track. Yet, everybody thinks that e46 is such an advaced racecar.

I love the e46 for the strong engine block and LSD. Other then that there is not much special about it.
retrodrive is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2009, 11:19 PM   #27
ohaywood
Major
 
ohaywood's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 JB/Saddle E92 335i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Malibu, CA

Posts: 1,011
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ohaywood
I think it comes down to the principles on which each car was built.
__________________
ohaywood is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #28
Santa34
DCP
 
Santa34's Avatar
 
Drives: Cayman S
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: EL Paso

Posts: 149
iTrader: (0)

I own one, and have driven both. The M3 is a total involvement car. You feel every bump in the road, and the handling is way more precise. The 335 is faster in a straight line, and is more of cruiser. YOu don't have to be totally involved in the driving expeirence (which I like sometimes BTW). YOu can just cruise and hit the gas, and it goes. The M3 is hectic, but a tone of fun to drive. Plus its better looking IMO, and it's not outdated, and it doesn't look like a Japenese car like the e9x's do.
__________________
*Duty, Honor, Country*
Santa34 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2009, 02:29 AM   #29
jhv
Lieutenant General
 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 17,307
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodrive View Post
lol...e92 335 beats e46 M3 in pretty much every test out there in a straight line or the track. Yet, everybody thinks that e46 is such an advaced racecar.

I love the e46 for the strong engine block and LSD. Other then that there is not much special about it.
http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Nurburgring

the E46 is faster by a good 4 seconds.
__________________
jhv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #30
ohaywood
Major
 
ohaywood's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 JB/Saddle E92 335i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Malibu, CA

Posts: 1,011
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ohaywood
Nice find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Nurburgring

the E46 is faster by a good 4 seconds.
__________________
ohaywood is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2009, 03:09 AM   #31
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
 
Drives: 2011 SG e90 335d
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 3,223
iTrader: (11)

Send a message via Skype™ to koreez88
^^^

Slower than 335 and 135, but faster than both on the track

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ZGwpifULe4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ZGwpifULe4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
koreez88 is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2009, 09:20 AM   #32
darkphantom
Banned
 
Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The place for Bimmers

Posts: 5,949
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to darkphantom
oh em gee!

dude, do you have ANY idea how many threads like this were created when the E92 335i came out?????

here...let me help you with that...
darkphantom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #33
ArabianSensation
Lieutenant
 
ArabianSensation's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago

Posts: 469
iTrader: (0)

From my (very) limited experience driving an e93 335i and my experience driving my uncle's e46 M3 vert that sits in the garage, I would have to say the M3 was more fun. Yes, it was more difficult to drive (M3 was SMG, 335i was auto), and yes, the SMG's computer is terrible at shifting on its own in my opinion, but it was a lot more fun to drive than the 335i. I agree that the 335 is a cruiser and an M3 is a sportscar. You feel a lot more of the road in the M3- which I love. The acceleration is there and quicker than a base 335i at 4.8 seconds to 60. The exhaust note on the M3 is amazing as well... Although I love how the turbos sound on the 335i ignition. After driving the M3 around for a few hours one night, I had the exhaust note stuck in my head like a song.

If you live in a climate that allows it, and you get other benefits out of it (buying your dad a car for example), I would say go ahead and get the M3. You won't be disappointed in the performance even though you're coming from a tuned 335i. As others have pointed out, mods for the e46 M3 are plentiful.

For my next car, it's between a 335xi (Chicago winters...) and an e46 M3. I know the M3 would be insane to drive in the winter, but that's one of my favorite cars of all time. That generation M3 is what turned me on to BMW in the first place.
ArabianSensation is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #34
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
 
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 4,765
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa34 View Post
I own one, and have driven both. The M3 is a total involvement car. You feel every bump in the road, and the handling is way more precise. The 335 is faster in a straight line, and is more of cruiser. YOu don't have to be totally involved in the driving expeirence (which I like sometimes BTW). YOu can just cruise and hit the gas, and it goes. The M3 is hectic, but a tone of fun to drive. Plus its better looking IMO, and it's not outdated, and it doesn't look like a Japenese car like the e9x's do.
this
__________________
Stop putting stuff like painted reflectors and premium package in your signature. You're embarrassing.
TK-421 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2009, 12:07 PM   #35
ohaywood
Major
 
ohaywood's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 JB/Saddle E92 335i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Malibu, CA

Posts: 1,011
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ohaywood
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
oh em gee!

dude, do you have ANY idea how many threads like this were created when the E92 335i came out?????

here...let me help you with that...
"Sorry, no matches"

Fail.
__________________
ohaywood is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2009, 12:08 PM   #36
ohaywood
Major
 
ohaywood's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 JB/Saddle E92 335i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Malibu, CA

Posts: 1,011
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ohaywood
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArabianSensation View Post
From my (very) limited experience driving an e93 335i and my experience driving my uncle's e46 M3 vert that sits in the garage, I would have to say the M3 was more fun. Yes, it was more difficult to drive (M3 was SMG, 335i was auto), and yes, the SMG's computer is terrible at shifting on its own in my opinion, but it was a lot more fun to drive than the 335i. I agree that the 335 is a cruiser and an M3 is a sportscar. You feel a lot more of the road in the M3- which I love. The acceleration is there and quicker than a base 335i at 4.8 seconds to 60. The exhaust note on the M3 is amazing as well... Although I love how the turbos sound on the 335i ignition. After driving the M3 around for a few hours one night, I had the exhaust note stuck in my head like a song.

If you live in a climate that allows it, and you get other benefits out of it (buying your dad a car for example), I would say go ahead and get the M3. You won't be disappointed in the performance even though you're coming from a tuned 335i. As others have pointed out, mods for the e46 M3 are plentiful.

For my next car, it's between a 335xi (Chicago winters...) and an e46 M3. I know the M3 would be insane to drive in the winter, but that's one of my favorite cars of all time. That generation M3 is what turned me on to BMW in the first place.
The M3 would definitely not be fun during a Chicago winter. Here in SoCal, it'd be perfect.
__________________
ohaywood is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #37
graider
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

actually no. i drive my m3 in the winter here canada (worse than any us winter) and no problem.
graider is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST