BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GTB Performance

09-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #23
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: e90

What i dont understand is where was all the outrage when Bush doubled the deficit?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #24
TexAg06
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
What i dont understand is where was all the outrage when Bush doubled the deficit?
plenty of outrage here.

but, that doesn't preclude obama from getting blasted on his outrageous proposals.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 10:24 AM   #25
Carter N
Enlisted Member

Drives: 09' GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
it was okay because we were fighting REAL threats like, WMDs' in Iraq.

Terrorism (2001-present) <10,000 American Deaths

heart disease >250,000 deaths every year.

who is the real enemy... cave dwelling extremists, or cheeseburgers?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 10:27 AM   #26
TexAg06
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter N View Post
it was okay because we were fighting REAL threats like, WMDs' in Iraq.

Terrorism (2001-present) <10,000 American Deaths

heart disease >250,000 deaths every year.

who is the real enemy... cave dwelling extremists, or cheeseburgers?
you have to be extremely dimwitted if you don't think that 9/11 fundamentally changed W. he was on watch when one of the worst terrorist attacks ever occurred. it hardened him. how's is that difficult to understand?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 10:30 AM   #27
Carter N
Enlisted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAg06 View Post
you have to be extremely dimwitted if you don't think that 9/11 fundamentally changed W. he was on watch when one of the worst terrorist attacks ever occurred. it hardened him. how's is that difficult to understand?
Meh, he had plenty of warning it was going to happen, but decided to "TRY" (and i stress try) to read some picture books to some kids...

and YOU, and i stress YOU, must be extremely dimwitted if you think IRAQ had anything to do with 9/11... lol idiot.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 12:30 PM   #28
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

RACISM is OFFICALLY sanctioned beginning in grade school. I went to my 9 yo's school open house on Monday. Principal was spouting how good the school was in standardized testing, then parades out this graph that shows scores for Whites, Hispanics, ESLs, Philipinos. I was appalled when I realized how racially segregated our school system was.

I had to ask my wife how our son was racially grouped, and neither of us knows. I'm 100% White, she's 100% Hispanic, which group should my son be in? He's running for class President, and we're already working on how to get "the Hispanic vote" by practicing his Spanish so he can make a portion of his speech in Spanish. It just never seems to end.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #29
Carter N
Enlisted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
RACISM is OFFICALLY sanctioned beginning in grade school. I went to my 9 yo's school open house on Monday. Principal was spouting how good the school was in standardized testing, then parades out this graph that shows scores for Whites, Hispanics, ESLs, Philipinos. I was appalled when I realized how racially segregated our school system was.

I had to ask my wife how our son was racially grouped, and neither of us knows. I'm 100% White, she's 100% Hispanic, which group should my son be in? He's running for class President, and we're already working on how to get "the Hispanic vote" by practicing his Spanish so he can make a portion of his speech in Spanish. It just never seems to end.
you know you sit there and complain about it, yet you contribute to the problem.... by having your son speak in spanish to get the "spanish" vote you are willingly admitting that there are two groups and you must satisfy the needs of them to attain your goals...

just treat all the kids as one group, race only exists in our minds... we are all just people...

plus your kid is 9, his election is not that serious.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 01:00 PM   #30
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

I've taken the first step, I've acknowledged a problem.

His election at age 9 is all the more serious, as it sets the precedence for anything he might do going forward. I never had any aspirations to elected service, and I'm not living vicariously thru him. I'm genuinely concerned that we need to have multiple languages in an election speech by a 9 yo, as opposed to just treating all the kids as a group of kids. We were pleasantly shocked when he came home and announced his candidacy

It's an extension of the serious row the wife and I had last night about our son's participation in soccer. I came home from a meeting excited that he might have to opportunity to play in the AYSO Flex program, where they take higher caliber participants and let them play together at a higher competitive level, but maintain the basic philosophy of "Everyone Plays" My wife is of the mindset that he should be trained by professionals and play on a Club team (not that he has any offers of such) He's freaking 9 years old, he just wants to play.
Appreciate 0