BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

INDustry distribution

09-16-2009, 04:08 AM   #23
Nucking Futs!
Major

Drives: nucking futs!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Looks like a very clean install especially w/the matching cf leather. Only thing I don't like is the location of the screen. IMO, it's way too low thus makes it even more unsafe than the oem NAV screen. If there was a way to mount an aftermarket headunit up top where the oem NAV screen is without hacking up the dash then I would've done that instead of the oem NAV. The main reason I got that option was due to the screen location as in the screen's closer to the windshield so less time off the road & safer especially for that split-second if a vehicle (in front of u) swerves and/or brakes outta nowhere. The Kenwood/Garmin headunit I have in my daily driver's better than the BMW oem NAV or any other oem NAV I've used (Mercedes, Lexus, Audi & Infiniti) since the GPS is more accurate, has text-to-speech & the ability to watch movies from the dvd player & iPod while the car's in motion (for my passengers) with a no-cost simple mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
^ hahahehe.....I wish I could keep it simple like you. Unfortunately I turned out to be the complete opposite!

The quietness of the stock exhaust was frustrating for me. I just had to have that adrenaline pumping exhaust note.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffC View Post
oh hell yes! I felt the exact same way. Stock is fine but I wanted a bit more balls when I mashed the throttle.
Agreed!
      09-16-2009, 06:17 AM   #24
J08M3
Major General

Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucking Futs! View Post
Looks like a very clean install especially w/the matching cf leather. Only thing I don't like is the location of the screen.
I hear ya... but that's one of the main things I do like about it, the location. iDrive screen annoys me especially at night when you always have that light out of the corner of your eye while trying to look out the windshield. Obviously you have to be smart about it though and you can't be typing addresses and programming locations while driving 75 down the highway. But the screen is big enough and is aimed up right at the driver so a quick glance easily gives you all the info you need while following a map, or answering the phone or changing music. I do suggest having a co-pilot or pulling over if you want to do complicated tasks on it.
      09-16-2009, 06:48 AM   #25
Tio///M
///M South Lead

Drives: Jerez Blk / Fox Red Ext

Send a message via MSN to Tio///M Send a message via Yahoo to Tio///M
As far as done side is, as long as you do it right the first time. You shouldn't have any negative affects. I have two BMWs now and here in Germany I feel spoiled, because they know what they are doing. Once I get back stateside I will start to feel the negative affects of dealerships incompetences......I've had springs and spacers too include an alignment done by BMW they weren't happy when they were done the first time and they did it again to ensure the customer was happy to include themselves.

I had pulleys put in the same time I had my light flywheel and M3/M5 hybrid clutch installed in my 325i....knock on wood not problems thus far, none, not even noise.

I feel the other guys on the M3 I really want the exhaust, I only put 4000 miles on my M since I picked her up at the end of June and I do too feel like it needs a little more grunt from the exhaust, I love the way it explodes and just wish there was a bit more of exhaust. my 2 cents.....everyone continue to love your cars and drive them until the muthaFin tires fall off!!
Tio///M is offline   United_States