BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Evolve Automotive

09-09-2009, 11:33 PM   #23
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
This "birther" movement is a total loser for the right wing. Personally I hope they keep obsessing on it as long as possible. It's a one way ticket to marginalization and fringe status of the Republican party.
Maybe there are Republicans who are "obsessing" about this. But you are missing something here. It is the American Independent Party (or their officers and candidate) who is the plaintiff. And two of the posters in these threads are Constitutionalists, not Republicans. The Republicans had their own problem with natural born Citizen in the case of PanamaJohn.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
      09-10-2009, 12:15 AM   #24
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
What you are missing is that the vast majority of people in this country who consider themselves independents are not affiliated with the American Independent party. In fact they are not affiliated with any party.

Another point you are missing is a majority of independents line up on the liberal-to-moderate side of the ideological spectrum. I think it's pretty safe to say this is not you.

To date the American independent party, though growing, is considered a marginal party at best. Constitutionalists are an even smaller group. Keep chasing the Obama citizenship issue (non-issue) and you definitely will stay that way.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper

Last edited by BKsBimmer; 09-10-2009 at 02:40 AM.
      09-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #25
Nixon
Banned

Drives: :

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I'll go on record as saying that I think he was probably born in Hawaii. But I have enough doubt that I would like to see definitive proof. I like seeing the argument. Obama has something to hide. I want to know what it is. I am more interested in much larger issues, but they are even less likely to go my way, and some of them are being discussed in a much bigger way already than the issue about the nature of Obama's birth.

I think that guy needs to be investigated on every front and every orifice. Be relentless. Mr. Obama is a liar and a fraud. He is simply a bad guy and one that is antithetical to much of my point of view on America.

If he won't produce the proof that is being requested, then I hope it takes as much of his focus as possible. I would rather see him accomplish nothing than to accomplish his stated objectives. He should go down in history as a total failure.

I love it when pro-tort reform guys brag about abusing the courts for political purposes, and brag about costing the tax payers millions of dollars to waste the time of the court on an issue they willingly concede when cornered.
      09-10-2009, 07:52 AM   #26
DaveO
Private First Class

Drives: 3 BMWs

Send a message via AIM to DaveO
Do you feel one iota of shame or humility in asking your president to show his birth certificate to you. Its off the wall rediculous. I understand its much easier for republicans to say this stuff because Obama is black and so what he can be disrespected I guess. Why is the same issue not being made about McCain and where he was born, maybee we should check everyone's passports as they enter their place of work everyday too. We all know you guys are upset that Obama is present, and you will eventually attempt to impeach him because you can't stand not to have things your way. But this is America, sometimes you get the present you want, sometimes you don't, but now that he is present you afford him some basic levels of respect. Trust me, I hated Bush for everything he did to my republican party, but I would never think to undermine him as an American or question that he was doing things that he thought would make this a better country for all of us as our president (even though I know he was dead wrong).
      09-10-2009, 09:10 AM   #27
Spartikus
Second Lieutenant

Drives: Twin-Turbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO View Post
Do you feel one iota of shame or humility in asking your president to show his birth certificate to you. Its off the wall rediculous. I understand its much easier for republicans to say this stuff because Obama is black and so what he can be disrespected I guess. Why is the same issue not being made about McCain and where he was born, maybee we should check everyone's passports as they enter their place of work everyday too. We all know you guys are upset that Obama is present, and you will eventually attempt to impeach him because you can't stand not to have things your way. But this is America, sometimes you get the present you want, sometimes you don't, but now that he is present you afford him some basic levels of respect. Trust me, I hated Bush for everything he did to my republican party, but I would never think to undermine him as an American or question that he was doing things that he thought would make this a better country for all of us as our president (even though I know he was dead wrong).
Very well said. It is blatant disrespect. These people wont ever stop. First it was the COLB, then it was grades, foreign trips, etc. It is none of our business to know every detail. Where does it say we have to know everything? The man studied constitutional law. Barack Obama know's exactly what is legal and what isnt.
      09-10-2009, 12:58 PM   #28
shpirate87
Captain

Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Explain to me why this is an issue of race? Have you just gotten so used to pulling the racist card out that you do it automatically?

FWIW, there were nutjobs going after McCain on this issue too. They argued that his birth in Panama while his dad was stationed there somehow invalidated him from serving.
      09-10-2009, 03:31 PM   #29
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
I love it when pro-tort reform guys brag about abusing the courts for political purposes, and brag about costing the tax payers millions of dollars to waste the time of the court on an issue they willingly concede when cornered.
I neither concede that he is a natural born Citizen of the United States, nor am I bringing a lawsuit.

Under the circumstances, the AIP has a claim that have standing in the case of the potential Obama fraud.

Is this not all about discovery of information? Obama is hiding something. It may not be the location of his birth, but he his hiding something. I find it very interesting and worthy of discussion.

09-10-2009, 03:39 PM   #30
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
I can only speak for myself here, but your assumption is incorrect. I put a lot of effort into the case of John S. McCain not being a natural born Citizen. Refer to the posts by PanamaJohn. I also posted a lot in these BMW politics forums, politico.com, and other blogs and news sites. As for Obama, I have not done much at all with this issue.

There is no shame in seeking that the Constitution be upheld whether it is a popular point of view or not.

I may be mistaken, but I believe the AIP is much smaller than even the Constitution Party. It's not about size.

09-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #31
Nixon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I neither concede that he is a natural born Citizen of the United States, nor am I bringing a lawsuit.

Under the circumstances, the AIP has a claim that have standing in the case of the potential Obama fraud.

Is this not all about discovery of information? Obama is hiding something. It may not be the location of his birth, but he his hiding something. I find it very interesting and worthy of discussion.
What is he hiding? It's called his private life. Which is private, and by definition, none of your fucking business, Mr. Scott Wainner.

Last edited by Nixon; 09-10-2009 at 06:25 PM.
      09-11-2009, 08:41 AM   #32
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Drives: VF

Quote:
What is he hiding? It's called his private life. Which is private, and by definition, none of your fucking business, Mr. Scott.
Hmm... interesting.

Nixon, you must understand that it comes with the job, right? No President has ever had his private exploits be safe. There is always one side of the aisle slinging mud and digging for every shred of deceit or half-truth. Most politicians understand that when they choose to make it a career.

I don't see what good it does to post Scott's name. I know you're trying to draw parallels to the invasion of privacy, but anonymity on an internet forum is expected unless divulged by the user, while anonymity as President should not be. If Scott has volunteered this information directly elsewhere on this particular forum, then I apologize, but if not, then I think editing the post may be in order.
      09-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #33
sayemthree
Brigadier General

Drives: bmw

Quote:
What is he hiding? It's called his private life. Which is private, and by definition, none of your fucking business, Mr. Scott Wainner.

sorry when you become president you give up privacy to work for the people. you are put under a microscope, secrete service people watch your every move. if you dont want to go public then DONT be a public servant.
      09-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #34
sayemthree
Brigadier General

mabne he was born in the USA. some now think he is hiding:

1) the real father's identity
2) that he was conceived out of wedlock.

By Jerome R. Corsi
2009 WorldNetDaily

Gov. Linda Lingle, R-Hawaii

HONOLULU, Hawaii – Although the legitimacy of Sen. Barack Obama's birth certificate has become a focus of intense speculation – and even several lawsuits – WND has learned that Hawaii's Gov. Linda Lingle has placed the candidate's birth certificate under seal and instructed the state's Department of Health to make sure no one in the press obtains access to the original document under any circumstances.
      09-12-2009, 10:27 PM   #35
Nixon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Nixon, you must understand that it comes with the job, right? No President has ever had his private exploits be safe. There is always one side of the aisle slinging mud and digging for every shred of deceit or half-truth. Most politicians understand that when they choose to make it a career. .

And you must also realize that ALL Presidents act to protect their private lives from prying eyes, because their opponents twist and distort their private lives. (You do remember McCain being attacked with flyers talking about his "black baby" making it sound like a scandal, right?) So Obama is doing nothing unusual in refusing to release a single additional piece of personal information about himself than is lawfully required.
      09-12-2009, 10:39 PM   #36
Nixon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I don't see what good it does to post Scott's name. I know you're trying to draw parallels to the invasion of privacy, but anonymity on an internet forum is expected unless divulged by the user, while anonymity as President should not be. If Scott has volunteered this information directly elsewhere on this particular forum, then I apologize, but if not, then I think editing the post may be in order.
I TOTALLY agree that anonymity on an internet forum is expected unless intentionally divulged by the user.

Which is why I found it completely disturbing that Scott Wainner posted a message directing people to post comments on a board he owned, without disclosing that he owned that board. And that by signing up to post on his board, members of this board would be giving Scott Wainner their personal information and losing their expected anonymity without even knowing it.

Scott Wainner didn't have any problem at all with violating people's expectation of anonymity and harvesting their personal information on one of his websites he owns. In fact, his response was to denigrate me for warning others that he was in fact the owner of the site he was instructing people to goto, sign up with their personal information, and post.

Given Scott Wainner's obvious disregard for other people's expectation of anonymity, he certainly has signaled that he isn't interested in his own anonymity either.

Since he has already collected sufficient information about me through his deception to personally identify who I am, violating MY expectation of anonymity, I certainly don't feel the slightest bit inclined to edit his name out of any of my posts. Especially since he disclosed his own name by his act of sending people to his own website.
      09-13-2009, 01:58 AM   #37
sayemthree
Brigadier General

if there is nothing to hide then just SHOW it.
      09-17-2009, 01:24 AM   #38
Carter N
Enlisted Member

Drives: 09' GTI

well i heard obama was the spawn of satan, so he must've been born in hell, which if i do recall is no part of AMERICA! so that means he ain't our president.
      09-17-2009, 01:27 AM   #39
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Drives: ///Mistress

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter N View Post
well i heard obama was the spawn of satan, so he must've been born in hell, which if i do recall is no part of AMERICA! so that means he ain't our president.
Agreed. Good point.
Prowess Symphony is offline   United_States
      09-17-2009, 01:34 AM   #40
Carter N
Enlisted Member

you're right it's a good point... i mean shit have you ever seen him in a hawaiian shirt? i haven't... everybody knows if you've lived in hawaii you wear one of them girly flower shirts... i ain't ever seen obama in anything but a damn red jump suit with a tail and a pitch fork.
      09-17-2009, 01:35 AM   #41
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Come to think of it. Ive never seen him in a hawaiian shirt or say aloha or anything. Proof is in the pudding.
      09-17-2009, 01:44 AM   #42
Carter N
Enlisted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Come to think of it. Ive never seen him in a hawaiian shirt or say aloha or anything. Proof is in the pudding.
that's right... i bet he doesn't even like pudding. He just eats his arugula or whatever you call that fancy devil shit.
      09-17-2009, 01:46 AM   #43
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Oh no you didnt just say arugula? I dont know what that is, but I love that word. hahaha
      09-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #44
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
I TOTALLY agree that anonymity on an internet forum is expected unless intentionally divulged by the user.

Which is why I found it completely disturbing that Scott Wainner posted a message directing people to post comments on a board he owned, without disclosing that he owned that board. And that by signing up to post on his board, members of this board would be giving Scott Wainner their personal information and losing their expected anonymity without even knowing it.

Scott Wainner didn't have any problem at all with violating people's expectation of anonymity and harvesting their personal information on one of his websites he owns. In fact, his response was to denigrate me for warning others that he was in fact the owner of the site he was instructing people to goto, sign up with their personal information, and post.

Given Scott Wainner's obvious disregard for other people's expectation of anonymity, he certainly has signaled that he isn't interested in his own anonymity either.

Since he has already collected sufficient information about me through his deception to personally identify who I am, violating MY expectation of anonymity, I certainly don't feel the slightest bit inclined to edit his name out of any of my posts. Especially since he disclosed his own name by his act of sending people to his own website.
You a laughable. You don't know my name. What website is owned by this other Scott that you hate? What information do you think would be "harvested" on my website? You are a clown. Where have I figured out your personal identity? That I assume you are an ACORN worker? Or were you one of the porn spammers that got banned from my website?