BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GetBMWParts

09-09-2009, 01:27 AM   #1
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Drives: ///Mistress

Garage List
Obamas proof besides COLB?

I dont care whether obama is a citizen or not. This is about the "birthers" having evidence which may all be fake, but the non-birthers not having any evidence besides the COLB.

On this forum and irl, all the obama supporters swear that there is more info then the COLB (certificate of live birth). I just want to see that. Here is a quote from another thread by Nixon, where Nixon states how much evidence obama has put forth. These are quotes.

1. "If you seriously do not know all the evidence put forth by Obama to this point, you certainly aren't worthy of debating that evidence."

2. "Because Obama has repeatedly released more and more evidence over and over. Way more than he was required by law."

There is this constant talk of obama and his proof, yet no evidence that I can find. For the sake of argument, so I can accurately investigate this matter myself, would someone please show me evidence of anything (birth certificate, passport info, college records, proof of citizenship, etc) that everyone claims he has provided. How can so many people claim that obama has provided ample proof of all these issues but not be able to show me the one document besides the colb?

Remember, his citizenship and all that stuff is irrelevant in this thread. I want to see the evidence stacked against the birthers besides just the colb. I simply want to see the documents on both sides. The birthers have a kenyan birth certificate, witness testimony, etc which could all very well be fake. The non birthers only seem to have a COLB, but claim to have so much more. Where is the evidence the non birthers claim to have? What is this evidence that obama has provided over and over?

One simple request. Show me a document not related to the colb that goes against the birther argument. Thanks
Prowess Symphony is offline   United_States
      09-09-2009, 05:42 AM   #2
Major

Drives: E90 325i; F10 528i; 2002tii

The birth announcement in the Honolulu Advertiser on August 13, 1961.
      09-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #3
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 742 View Post
Ah, yes. Thanks. Anything else?
      09-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
Major

Drives: E90 325i; F10 528i; 2002tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Common sense. Two intelligent people are not going to leave Hawaii in 1961 to have a child in the third world.
      09-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

I'm on neither side, not sure yet about this president, but what relevance are college records, passports, or anything else besides the COLB related to his status as a natural born citizen??

RESPECTFULLY, where does the idea that the president gave up his right to privacy show up in the job description?
UncleWede is offline   United_States
      09-09-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I'm on neither side, not sure yet about this president, but what relevance are college records, passports, or anything else besides the COLB related to his status as a natural born citizen??

RESPECTFULLY, where does the idea that the president gave up his right to privacy show up in the job description?
My point isnt about citizenship. My point is that obama is hiding a great deal of stuff. All presidents have released their college info. Why cant he?

And the passport information is relevant. He traveled to pakistan in 1981. A usa passport was not allowed entry in the country at that time. He must have used a different countries passport, making his a citizen or dual citizen of that country and thus not eligible.

I have no opinion on these matters yet, im just collecting the facts in the face of the court trial coming up. Id like to be more informed. Regardless of citizenship status, obama is clearly hiding records. Either out of guilt, or lies, or just plain pride against all the birthers.

It might not be in the job description that he has to give up his privacy, but the citizens of the country he runs, should be informed of his past actions. How can he lead the country, if no one knows anything about him? It might not be mandatory, but all the past presidents released their info. For him to spend 1 million dollars keeping his secret, its just weird. If I was running a country and millions of people wanted to see my birth certificate or college info, after electing me leader, then I would give it without a second though. We have so much to worry about right now, why is obama making issues for no reason is my question.
      09-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #7
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
I suggest that the "birthers" and anyone else who wants to participate, keep pushing him. The guy is a commie and a fraud. Be relentless. Remember how it was for GWB? And Ronald Reagan? It was brutal on anything and everything even with the complicity of the popular media. Nothing like that has happened to Obasma. Not yet anyway.

Did those who are Obama's apologists today in any way defend GWB for the last eight years?

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
      09-09-2009, 11:22 AM   #8
Spartikus
Second Lieutenant

Drives: Twin-Turbos

Quote:

I agree. I don't think the McCain/Palin camp with millions of dollars at their disposal would have allowed something so "suspicious" to get by. Didn't John McCain said his group looked into such theories but dismissed them?

Being President does not, in my opinion, give the country access to every single thing you did in your life. He is after all the head of state and has rights too. My .02

I honestly wouldn't want people looking into my past either. It dosen't matter how clean I am. The "spin" these days is just SICK!
      09-09-2009, 11:27 AM   #9
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
We have so much to worry about right now, why is obama making issues for no reason is my question.
I have to agree with your first part of your statement: We have SO much to worry about, let's concentrate on what's REALLY important, and his travel to Pakistan in 1981, come on!! I don't know the details, but even now, the "borders" are like a sieve. My parents were married in Pakistan, we even still have a tape reel of the event, but I'm 100% American born (Washington, DC, Columbia Hospital for Women) I don't think they had passports when they went as official representatives of the U.S as Peace Corps members. So MAYBE his dad got him a dual citizenship pasport from DRC? Maybe it was one of those "honorary" ones, since he seems to be so famous (now that he's president) that they put a plaque up there. BFD!!! Does it really matter now that he's elected and needs to get his sleeve rolled up and handle some of his campaign promises? IF you're really that interested, once he has his presidential library established I'm sure you can go gaze at all these documents.
In the mean time, let's get to the details of all my grandchildrens' money he's spending now. Let's get to the heart of the debate of climate change. Let's concern ourselves with our water supplies. Let's tackle things like stem cell research and it's morality. All those seem to beg a LOT more attention than whether he snuck across a border in 1981, or whether he might have inhaled, or looked at some hot ass in France.

Oh, by the way, all said with utmost
UncleWede is offline   United_States
      09-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #10
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
In the mean time, let's get to the details of all my grandchildrens' money he's spending now. Let's get to the heart of the debate of climate change. Let's concern ourselves with our water supplies. Let's tackle things like stem cell research and it's morality. All those seem to beg a LOT more attention than whether he snuck across a border in 1981, or whether he might have inhaled, or looked at some hot ass in France.

I want all of these issues settled as well. I just hope that the person leading the charge is qualified, thats all. The whole system is so messed up that I wouldnt even know where to start if I was president, lol. My grandparents were proud to leave this country in their kids hands. However, I scared of the country thats gonna be left to my children. I dont want them to have to suffer for our problems today.

I think that scrutiny is good when somebody has the power to affect my life is such a dramatic way. The president can impact so many areas of our lives, I think he should be put under the microscope. Either way I hope things start to change for the better.
      09-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #11
ragingclue
My interior is turrible

Drives: stickferanaxle

I don't doubt his legitimacy as President. However, I do grow suspicious of someone who refuses to give up items that require little to no effort.

As far as the magnifying glass being on you leading up to and during the presidency, it's an occupational hazard. It's part of accepting the position of a high profile politician. Everything you do, and everything you've ever done, will be under intense scrutiny. That's just always the way it will be. Of course, there will always be bogus claims, but if disproving those making a ruckus would be so easy, why wouldn't you???
      09-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #12
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
I have to agree with your first part of your statement: We have SO much to worry about, let's concentrate on what's REALLY important, and his travel to Pakistan in 1981, come on!! I don't know the details, but even now, the "borders" are like a sieve. My parents were married in Pakistan, we even still have a tape reel of the event, but I'm 100% American born (Washington, DC, Columbia Hospital for Women) I don't think they had passports when they went as official representatives of the U.S as Peace Corps members. So MAYBE his dad got him a dual citizenship pasport from DRC? Maybe it was one of those "honorary" ones, since he seems to be so famous (now that he's president) that they put a plaque up there. BFD!!! Does it really matter now that he's elected and needs to get his sleeve rolled up and handle some of his campaign promises? IF you're really that interested, once he has his presidential library established I'm sure you can go gaze at all these documents.

For all those concerns to be addressed in a timely fashion makes sense. It also makes sense to discuss the nature of his birth, especially since it is in court right now. Also, some may have less interest in the other issues until this one is thoroughly and thoughtfully examined. Why can't they all be looked at simultaneously if need be?

If this one issue is too time consuming to be addressed, or even just for the president to deal with it, he could resolve it once and for all will relative ease. He seems to be a stubborn man. And those who advocate hiding evidence, contribute to the appearance that Obama has something to hide.

With over 300 million Americans, it seems like enough to address just about all issues.

09-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #13
shpirate87
Captain

Drives: 335ix

Although i hate to wade into this muck again, I will say that this issue reminds me a lot of the 9/11 'truth' movement and the 'Bush Lied - People Died' idiocy. Some people will never be satisfied no matter what evidence is produced so it makes no sense to argue with them.

Obama has no incentive to provide any more evidence than he has. The people who matter are satisfied, he is in office and will not be removed, and he has the luxury of being able to point to the nuts who don't believe he is an American citizen as his opponents on major issues.

If you do not agree with Obama's policies (God knows I don't), argue against them on the merits. Do not be seduced by the fantasy that he is not a legitimate president and all it will take is a single document to come to life and it will all be over.
      09-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #14
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post
Although i hate to wade into this muck again, I will say that this issue reminds me a lot of the 9/11 'truth' movement and the 'Bush Lied - People Died' idiocy. Some people will never be satisfied no matter what evidence is produced so it makes no sense to argue with them.

Obama has no incentive to provide any more evidence than he has. The people who matter are satisfied, he is in office and will not be removed, and he has the luxury of being able to point to the nuts who don't believe he is an American citizen as his opponents on major issues.

If you do not agree with Obama's policies (God knows I don't), argue against them on the merits. Do not be seduced by the fantasy that he is not a legitimate president and all it will take is a single document to come to life and it will all be over.
I'll go on record as saying that I think he was probably born in Hawaii. But I have enough doubt that I would like to see definitive proof. I like seeing the argument. Obama has something to hide. I want to know what it is. I am more interested in much larger issues, but they are even less likely to go my way, and some of them are being discussed in a much bigger way already than the issue about the nature of Obama's birth.

I think that guy needs to be investigated on every front and every orifice. Be relentless. Mr. Obama is a liar and a fraud. He is simply a bad guy and one that is antithetical to much of my point of view on America.

If he won't produce the proof that is being requested, then I hope it takes as much of his focus as possible. I would rather see him accomplish nothing than to accomplish his stated objectives. He should go down in history as a total failure.

09-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #15
Nixon
Banned

Drives: :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 742 View Post
Quote:

This is why nobody takes you seriously and you get called a nutter.

You get handed a solid piece of primary evidence generated at the time of his birth that is legally admissible in any court in the US, and you dismiss it off-hand.

This birth announcement was part of the official function of the State of Hawaii, and holds the same legal weight that a public lien announcement, or a public bid announcement carries when published in a newspaper of record as part of the official function of the State. When the Honolulu Advertiser published this birth announcement at the request of the State of Hawaii, they were acting under the auspices of official state authority.

It has flawless authenticity as anyone can pull this record up on microfiche in any public library. It cannot be faked, and anyone can pull up this record.

It has the benefit of being timely to the event, which makes it more authoritative than anything "discovered" after Obama became the Democratic Nominee that was not part of the public record.

But you want to just skip over this, and get right into some plaque that is rumored to have been placed in some Kenyan hospital. As if a plaque in some other country that was placed after Obama was elected had more authority than an announcement placed by the State of Hawaii as part of their official record.

Since you have treated this authoritative piece of evidence so poorly, what point is there providing you with anything else? You clearly aren't capable of understanding the significance of what you have already been provided.
      09-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #16
Nixon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I'll go on record as saying that I think he was probably born in Hawaii. But I have enough doubt that I would like to see definitive proof. I like seeing the argument. Obama has something to hide. I want to know what it is. I am more interested in much larger issues, but they are even less likely to go my way, and some of them are being discussed in a much bigger way already than the issue about the nature of Obama's birth.

I think that guy needs to be investigated on every front and every orifice. Be relentless. Mr. Obama is a liar and a fraud. He is simply a bad guy and one that is antithetical to much of my point of view on America.

If he won't produce the proof that is being requested, then I hope it takes as much of his focus as possible. I would rather see him accomplish nothing than to accomplish his stated objectives. He should go down in history as a total failure.

So you think the Courts of the United States are the appropriate place for pushing your political hate into your political opponent's every orifice?

Obama has something to hide. It's called his personal life. Stay the hell out of it. Which is why people like you who are abusing the courts as a way to promote your political agenda should be fined and tossed out of the courts on your ass.

-----------------------------------------------------

But thanks for explaining your agenda. It certainly helps explain why you own a hate website against Obama that you keep using to post silly old junk to here.
      09-09-2009, 08:42 PM   #17
scottwww
Brigadier General

No matter what Mr. Obama's henchmen say, the case is not dead.
10/5/09 Defense Motion to Dismiss (MTD) to be heard — Judge Carter indicated only a very strong compelling reason would move him to dismiss at this point. He will review the defense’s 9/4/09 MTD. He wants to hear the case on it’s merits. Discovery to be ordered 10/5/09 if Motion to Dismiss is thrown out.

1/11/10 Pre Trial Set — procedural for other motions, depositions, scheduling, etc

1/26/10 Trial Date Set — earliest available date for Justice Carter.

09-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #18
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Nixon, please explain these two quotes you made. Thanks

1. "If you seriously do not know all the evidence put forth by Obama to this point, you certainly aren't worthy of debating that evidence."

2. "Because Obama has repeatedly released more and more evidence over and over. Way more than he was required by law."
      09-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #19
Nixon
Banned

Quote:
Nixon, please explain these two quotes you made. Thanks

Both statements are self-explanitory. You haven't looked into the issue any deeper than parroting some right-wing conspiracy nutters without further inspection, with no further research. With every repetitive post you make demanding I provide you with the exact facts that you should have already researched out yourself, instead of ACTUALLY DOING SOME RESEARCH, you just dig yourself deeper.

IF you truly are interested in knowing what evidence Obama has provided and made public, it is all out there to be found in very short order.

If you are truly interested, stop begging me to do for you what you can do for yourself with just the slightest of effort.

In reality, you aren't interested at all in the truth, you are just like Scott and you just want to use any issue you can possibly find to try and twist into a knot for the most damaging effect possible. So stop posting over and over, even going to the length to start a new thread when I don't answer you instantly, and go do your own homework instead.

If you don't know where to start, go find the FULL quote of the phone interview with Obama's granny and post it here. If you aren't willing to do such simple footwork, then I have no interest in having another shitpirate that I have to educate on every single topic and you will end up on my ignore list quicker than a right-wing reactionary oil-company-insider hack.

Why should I post more information, when you just ignored yet again the information I just posted? How exactly do you respond to the State of Hawaii having Obama's birth printed? Do you think it is a fraud? Do you think it was planted as part of a 50 year long conspiracy? How do you intend to discount it?
      09-09-2009, 10:42 PM   #20
scottwww
Brigadier General

So, it seems that the judge will decide whether the case has merit, and whether the plaintiffs have standing. It is in the purvue of the court. Just weeks to go before we know whether it will go to trial!

09-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #21
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirate87 View Post

This won't happen often, but I actually agree with you. You're observations are spot on. This "birther" movement is a total loser for the right wing. Personally I hope they keep obsessing on it as long as possible. It's a one way ticket to marginalization and fringe status of the Republican party.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
      09-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #22
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
This won't happen often, but I actually agree with you. You're observations are spot on. This "birther" movement is a total loser for the right wing. Personally I hope they keep obsessing on it as long as possible. It's a one way ticket to marginalization and fringe status of the Republican party.
A federal judge is making a case for this issue. I dont think a federal judge is on the fringe. Sorry but this issue is real and being heard by the courts.