BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

08-15-2009, 09:53 AM   #23
A418t81
Major
United_States

Drives: F80 M3/997TT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Looks like a mix between a subaru STi and a Evo to me from the front... not very appealing IMO. I would like the normal S5 body with those specs more.
Most of you guys know little about brand history across the board so let me educate you. The UR-Quattro is the grandaddy of all rally cross. When Audi showed up with that thing, they decimated the competition for years until weight penalties were added, AWD was adopted elsewhere, turbocharging, etc. The Evo and the STi are what they are today because of the original Quattro. It was truly a monumental achievement for Audi and one that not many people know about.

The new one models itself a lot after the original one, just like all the other rally cars do to some extent to this day.
      08-15-2009, 11:58 AM   #24
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada

Drives: Turbo Festiva

The other question is will america get it. I was ready to buy the TT-RS...not available what a downer. No a5 sportback or whatever they call it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 03:38 PM   #25
Sniz
Lieutenant General

Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

this will be a sick sick car if its made correctly, but it better not look like that.
      08-15-2009, 05:43 PM   #26
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada

Drives: 128i Sedona Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by A418t81 View Post
Most of you guys know little about brand history across the board so let me educate you. The UR-Quattro is the grandaddy of all rally cross. When Audi showed up with that thing, they decimated the competition for years until weight penalties were added, AWD was adopted elsewhere, turbocharging, etc. The Evo and the STi are what they are today because of the original Quattro. It was truly a monumental achievement for Audi and one that not many people know about.

The new one models itself a lot after the original one, just like all the other rally cars do to some extent to this day.
Didn't know that. Now I know a bit more about audi history lol
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 05:55 PM   #27
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States

Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

Looks like a Hyundai Tiburon!