BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

08-12-2009, 12:36 AM   #45
albert1028
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep

Drives: 2009 E90 Space Gray M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderm3 View Post
+1 on the wife comment...

Mate, it is your car... the fact that you're willing to put the effort into protecting her... well done!

Good to see that you car about his car mate! Shame you don't operate in Australia!

...so true....
Thanks for the compliment. When it comes down to it, i feel better that I did do it...others might not feel the need, but hey, we're all different, right? I respect the differing opinions of others and that's what makes this board worth while in commenting in.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 02:01 AM   #46
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert1028 View Post
Thanks for the compliment. When it comes down to it, i feel better that I did do it...others might not feel the need, but hey, we're all different, right? I respect the differing opinions of others and that's what makes this board worth while in commenting in.
Totally mate - the difference of opinion is what helps us appreciate other perspectives! Certainly is great to meet people that are willing to make the effort into preservation of what is a feat of great engineering...

....I just can't wait to get mine!!!!!! OMG!!!!
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - No Longer With Me
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #47
Ogalthorpe
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 08 M3 coupe

What would you all charge to come to FL and do this wonderful work to my car?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2009, 11:48 AM   #48
MrAdams
do a wheelie!!!
Mexico
Rep

Drives: E90M3

Garage List
wow if you saw my front bumper youd probably flip out!! I have so many little rock "chips" I guess you can call them... It's just a car to me. a really fst fun. CAR no need to OCD over it. looks cool though!!!
      08-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #49
BulletproofM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
To some people...definitely it is excessive, but if i'm gonna keep and collect this car , why not? Doesn't hurt...and i enjoy keeping things pristine and clean!
I agree...I am the same way with my car. One fun little tip for those who might do this in the future, If you have a lot of vents, I found that it is just as efficient and less time consuming if you cover the ducts/vents with tape and then slice through the tape with a scalpel/modeling knife while following the shape of the duct. This also helps give a smoother/cleaner effect IMO.

Just my .02.

-Hunter
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 03:35 PM   #50
Finnegan
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Sapphire Black/Black Z4Mc

Quote:
Standard 3M Painters tape you find at any hardware store. There is purple or less adhesive painters tape that might be better that others have suggested.

But here's a picture:

We've got rolls of this stuff. Great for all kinds of odds and ends where you don't want to pull off the finish on things. I also have a roll of green that's more suited to automotive use.

It has a lot of weird uses. For example, I keep a roll in my gym bag for deadlifting. Sometimes I can only find an open barbell with super rough knurls--in that case I just tape around where I'm gonna grip so if I pull a little to close to my shins I'm not a bloody mess at the end of a session. (Shins don't heal well or quickly either!)

It comes right of the bar and leaves no trace, no mess...which is perfect, because you don't want some 350 pound powerlifter pissed at you for "leaving shit on the bar".
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 03:44 PM   #51
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: '14 W212 AMG S, '12 958 S

Send a message via AIM to a burrito
haha thats funny. ocd positive