BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
rfoss
Private First Class
 
Drives: '08 E92 M3 Jerez/Fox
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY

Posts: 111
iTrader: (0)

Encore Innovation X-pipe Installed

I currently have a remus race axle-back system on and just had the E.I. x-pipe w/HFC installed. The car is now INSANELY loud and throatier. More important and relevant are the power gains. Torque down low is improved dramatically and the car tears through the tach up to redline. This is not a placebo effect...this feels like a different beast. This is the best mod I have done on the car thus far. As for the sound, it might be a tad too loud for the neighborhood so I was thinking of swapping to a SLIGHTLY (10-20%) quieter axleback system and putting the remus up for sale (with connecting pipes). If anyone wants to make a trade for a great exhaust or has suggestions for a swap I would be welcome to hear what people have to say. Would Gintani be quieter than the remus? Vendors, please feel free to chime in with recs as well. The remus sport was way too quiet on its own and the race was about perfect (maybe 5-10% too quiet). All I know is that the x-pipe is staying on, so the remus might have to go...





These videos aren't the best, so I'll try and find an area of town where we can really open it up. It's just too loud for the neighborhood to go WOT.
__________________
2008 E92 M3 Jerez/Fox 6MT, 19", all options, aFe Pro Filter, AA Exhaust, Encore Innovation X-Pipe/HFC, Powerchip Tune, UUC SSK, V1 Hardwire, 25% LLumar Tint

Last edited by rfoss; 08-09-2009 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Adding Videos
rfoss is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
powertrip
Scared money don't make money.
 
powertrip's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 1,458
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
+1....the Encore HFC's REALLY woke my car up .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfoss View Post
I currently have a remus race axle-back system on and just had the E.I. x-pipe w/HFC installed. The car is now INSANELY loud and throatier. More important and relevant are the power gains. Torque down low is improved dramatically and the car tears through the tach up to redline. This is not a placebo effect...this feels like a different beast. This is the best mod I have done on the car thus far. As for the sound, it might be a tad too loud for the neighborhood so I was thinking of swapping to a SLIGHTLY (10-20%) quieter axleback system and putting the remus up for sale (with connecting pipes). If anyone wants to make a trade for a great exhaust or has suggestions for a swap I would be welcome to hear what people have to say. Would Gintani be quieter than the remus? Vendors, please feel free to chime in with recs as well. The remus sport was way too quiet on its own and the race was about perfect (maybe 5-10% too quiet). All I know is that the x-pipe is staying on, so the remus might have to go...
__________________
2009 E92 M3/DCT/Alpine White/Fox Red/Carbon Leather
OE Tuned 402 whp & 303 wtq/Gintani X-pipe/MXP Axle Back/Rogue Pulley/AFE Stage 2/Cosmetics By IND & EAS
HUGE THANKS: Gintani, OE Tuning, and EAS
powertrip is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
FStop7
I like cars
 
FStop7's Avatar
 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Posts: 5,059
iTrader: (3)

vids or ban
__________________
FStop7 is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,447
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
vids or ban
You know where to find the vids Bro!
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #5
sge92
Private
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

Let us know when you get a CEL
sge92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #6
BimmerRob08
Major
 
BimmerRob08's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: KIKR (ABQ), NM

Posts: 1,257
iTrader: (0)

Bad Ass! I can't wait to get back and install my EI x-pipe. Of course after I have to send it back for the flange modification. I guess since it sounds like a Remas Race with the x-pipe is too much, which is the way I was going to go too, I'll go with the Remus Sport instead. Sure would like to hear a sound clip and also if you get a CEL light as I'm a bit concerned about it. Any install tips or problems you may add would be great!! Good luck and enjoy!
BimmerRob08 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #7
rfoss
Private First Class
 
Drives: '08 E92 M3 Jerez/Fox
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY

Posts: 111
iTrader: (0)

Yea with Remus Race it sounds like a freight train...definitely badass, but I let my uncle drive it through a private community today and even at relatively low speeds (and a few revs to redline) it resulted in 3 local cops showing up 20 minutes later for a noise complaint...no joke. I put 200 miles on the pipes thus far and have no CEL so I don't think I'm going to get one at this point I had no fitment issues and no leaks, and again can't reiterate how amazing this mod is. I'm going to tone it down this week with an AA exhaust in all likelihood to avoid a future rendezvous with the po po. Sound clip and pics will come tomorrow AM for all those interested.




Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
Bad Ass! I can't wait to get back and install my EI x-pipe. Of course after I have to send it back for the flange modification. I guess since it sounds like a Remas Race with the x-pipe is too much, which is the way I was going to go too, I'll go with the Remus Sport instead. Sure would like to hear a sound clip and also if you get a CEL light as I'm a bit concerned about it. Any install tips or problems you may add would be great!! Good luck and enjoy!
__________________
2008 E92 M3 Jerez/Fox 6MT, 19", all options, aFe Pro Filter, AA Exhaust, Encore Innovation X-Pipe/HFC, Powerchip Tune, UUC SSK, V1 Hardwire, 25% LLumar Tint
rfoss is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2009, 07:04 PM   #8
powertrip
Scared money don't make money.
 
powertrip's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 1,458
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sge92 View Post
Let us know when you get a CEL
Over 500 miles here and no CEL .
__________________
2009 E92 M3/DCT/Alpine White/Fox Red/Carbon Leather
OE Tuned 402 whp & 303 wtq/Gintani X-pipe/MXP Axle Back/Rogue Pulley/AFE Stage 2/Cosmetics By IND & EAS
HUGE THANKS: Gintani, OE Tuning, and EAS
powertrip is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2009, 07:44 PM   #9
BimmerRob08
Major
 
BimmerRob08's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: KIKR (ABQ), NM

Posts: 1,257
iTrader: (0)

Sounds promising. For now mine will be mated with the stock exhaust as I've not ordered the Remus Sport yet. Probebly will get it for X-mas.
BimmerRob08 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #10
rockd
 
rockd's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 Z4 35i M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 543
iTrader: (11)

I'm in the same situation, bro... I just installed the Remus Race a few days ago, and I love it. However, it's just a bit too quiet for me. I haven't heard (in person) what it sounds like with an X-pipe. Maybe we can meet up sometime so I can hear your beast?
rockd is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2009, 08:17 AM   #11
rfoss
Private First Class
 
Drives: '08 E92 M3 Jerez/Fox
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY

Posts: 111
iTrader: (0)

Sure thing I'll be in Boston/Back Bay area this afternoon...let me know

I added youtube links for videos above

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockd View Post
I'm in the same situation, bro... I just installed the Remus Race a few days ago, and I love it. However, it's just a bit too quiet for me. I haven't heard (in person) what it sounds like with an X-pipe. Maybe we can meet up sometime so I can hear your beast?
__________________
2008 E92 M3 Jerez/Fox 6MT, 19", all options, aFe Pro Filter, AA Exhaust, Encore Innovation X-Pipe/HFC, Powerchip Tune, UUC SSK, V1 Hardwire, 25% LLumar Tint
rfoss is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2009, 08:47 AM   #12
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
 
Poppin Fresh's Avatar
 
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bergen County NJ

Posts: 2,128
iTrader: (0)

Where can you purchase EI x pipes and for how much?
__________________
Poppin Fresh is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #13
Nucking Futs!
Major
 
Nucking Futs!'s Avatar
 
Drives: nucking futs!
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: All over Dallas!

Posts: 1,403
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfoss View Post
...Would Gintani be quieter than the remus?...
I've been told from loudest to quiet:

Gintani
Eisen. race & Agency Power
Riss Racing & RPi
Eisen. sport

Not sure about other exhaust relative to these.
__________________
- Jimmy
Nucking Futs! is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST