BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
Chipped B6
Favorite ride of all time?: Blondes.
Chipped B6's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: Boooooost!
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Far away

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 228i Coupe  [0.00]
2013 ActiveHybrid 3  [0.00]
2014 M5  [2.00]
2011 Z4 35is  [4.80]
2011 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
SS Meisterschaft GT2 full exhaust or Gintani Full exhaust?

I know Gintani has a great sound and has proven gains on the dyno.

But the GT2 has the godlike sound..

In all seriousness, what would you get? and based on loudness which one is louder?

The Gintani costs around the same..

I haven't heard either in real life and living in Oregon, only one e92 m3 has an exhaust and it was Eisenmann Sport muffler only.

What would you get?

I'm really torn between the two.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
maaicher
Captain
maaicher's Avatar
15
Rep
734
Posts

 
Drives: Jet black E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (10)

I have the GT unit not the GT2....with the X pipe. THe shop that installed it for me said that the GT2 muffler was as loud as my whole system but it was just a bunch of noise. the set up i have was much cleaner of a sound. The GT2 is claimed to also only get 2 more HP than the GT so i would go for the Gt. THe GT2 is not worth the extra sound in imo. Also the GT does not drone and the GT2 does so that is something to think about. the gintani exhaust also sounds very good but i do not know much about it other than that.
__________________
SOLD 2008 Jet Black E92 M3 * HRE C20 19in Wheels * KW Clubsport * Huper Ceramic Tint * Stop-Tech Trophy BBK *Gintani SC & Gintani Custom Exhaust* Vertice Front Bumper*Arkym Diffuser*
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
262
Rep
17,021
Posts

 
Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
The Meisterschaft setup is a downright mean exhaust. I agree, you should stick with the GT for a street application. Gintani sounds real nice in person too, it's on the aggressive end but it sounds like that's what you are looking for in an exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
69
Rep
4,643
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipped B6 View Post
I know Gintani has a great sound and has proven gains on the dyno.

But the GT2 has the godlike sound..

In all seriousness, what would you get? and based on loudness which one is louder?

The Gintani costs around the same..

I haven't heard either in real life and living in Oregon, only one e92 m3 has an exhaust and it was Eisenmann Sport muffler only.

What would you get?

I'm really torn between the two.
Thanks for creating this thread since it can be of immense help to me also.

Actually, I'm battling between choosing all of AA's bolt-on's & software, or all of Gintani's bolt-on's & Software. So far it looks as if Gintani is leading the way for me. AA is much popular with the M3 crowd, and it's very tempting since they have quality products and service to back it up.....

.....But Gintani is new to the M3 scene, and they've been proving good things to everyone lately. Their power gains are shocking everyone, and they always provide the proof just so they can show everyone that they aren't full of it. Also, I've seen those vids on youtube that "niterider" has provided.....And the sound is definitely aggressive and loud, and demands RESPECT. There's so much hype by quite a few members that say Gintani's exhaust set up sounds the loudest and is just SICK! They say that the pwr gains with their bolt-on's is higher than other companies.

So you know what? I may most likely give them a shot after my M3 comes in from my order.......That is if I don't change my mind back to going with AA's full catless set-up & software & pulley.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 08:12 PM   #5
Ca$hOnly
Major
Ca$hOnly's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,078
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In ur fridge, eatin ur foodz

iTrader: (5)

If you get the Meisterschaft GT2 full setup, you're going to need these inside the car:

__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #6
TheKosherStogie
Lieutenant Colonel
TheKosherStogie's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
1,619
Posts

 
Drives: 08 M3 DCT AW/Red
Join Date: May 2009
Location: West Hollywood

iTrader: (1)

havent heard the meistershaft...heard niteriders car in person...x pipe and mufflers...sounds nuts...car definetly had power...its a great sound..not raspy at all...but loud...from outside he did a drive by and its is frikkin sick...and suprisingly not bad inside regarding drone... also went by gintani and heard mufflers only...completley different...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #7
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
69
Rep
4,643
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyrusso View Post
havent heard the meistershaft...heard niteriders car in person...x pipe and mufflers...sounds nuts...car definetly had power...its a great sound..not raspy at all...but loud...from outside he did a drive by and its is frikkin sick...and suprisingly not bad inside regarding drone... also went by gintani and heard mufflers only...completley different...
hmmmm...Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Gintani my friend.

If anymore people can share their experiences or knowledge on Gintani's full catless set-up, I'd be very grateful. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #8
Chipped B6
Favorite ride of all time?: Blondes.
Chipped B6's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: Boooooost!
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Far away

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 228i Coupe  [0.00]
2013 ActiveHybrid 3  [0.00]
2014 M5  [2.00]
2011 Z4 35is  [4.80]
2011 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Let me sum some things up here.

GT>GT2 because of almost same loudness without drone.

Gintani is proving to be a good company,

How much does a full GT system go for?

Thanks guys. Been a great help.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #9
MrHarris
yodog
MrHarris's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
5,037
Posts

 
Drives: '86 Corolla
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Diamond Bar, Ca

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
If you want loud, I'd recommend RPi or Gintani.
__________________

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #10
Ca$hOnly
Major
Ca$hOnly's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,078
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In ur fridge, eatin ur foodz

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipped B6 View Post
Let me sum some things up here.

GT>GT2 because of almost same loudness without drone.
No.

GT2 muffler only is just as loud as GT full setup. GT2 full setup is mind-boggingly loud.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #11
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
69
Rep
4,643
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

The more I hear about Gintani, the more stable my decision becomes to go with them. I'm all the way in Texas, so it's very hard to make a firm decision.

All you guys in California are lucky. You all can hear the exhaust notes at the meets and everywhere. There are soooooo many M3's there. I guess there are too many old-fashioned country guys over here where I live. hahahaha
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #12
Epacy2
Major
34
Rep
1,254
Posts

 
Drives: M3/X5
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
If you get the Meisterschaft GT2 full setup, you're going to need these inside the car:

Or just get this;

__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 09:50 PM   #13
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
69
Rep
4,643
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

^^ Oh boy......
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 08:29 AM   #14
lugnut
First Lieutenant
lugnut's Avatar
4
Rep
344
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Space/Fox
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Springfield, NJ

iTrader: (0)

If I could rationalize the Kreissig Valvetronic I would do it in a heartbeat. Just too much $$ to drop on an exhaust IMO. Although, going from stock to wide open w/ the press of a button to annoy everyone eating outside at some prissy bistro would be priceless.

That said I'm ordering my Gintani this morning. I guess I'll be the first in the NE w/ it from what I can tell. Hopefully the drone wont be so bad on the highway.
__________________
12 E70 X5d Black Saphire/ Tobacco
08 E92 M3 SG/Fox Red Gintani Race, RG63
09 E90 335xi Crimson/Saddle 02 E46 M3 Cab Imola/Black (Sold-RIP)97 E36 Z3 1.9 Atlanta Blue/Tan (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #15
graider
Colonel
graider's Avatar
26
Rep
2,408
Posts

 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaicher View Post
I have the GT unit not the GT2....with the X pipe. THe shop that installed it for me said that the GT2 muffler was as loud as my whole system but it was just a bunch of noise. the set up i have was much cleaner of a sound. The GT2 is claimed to also only get 2 more HP than the GT so i would go for the Gt. THe GT2 is not worth the extra sound in imo. Also the GT does not drone and the GT2 does so that is something to think about. the gintani exhaust also sounds very good but i do not know much about it other than that.
+1. the GT has a much more cleaner and meaner sound than the GT2. GT2 sound too busy/broken IMO.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #16
Chipped B6
Favorite ride of all time?: Blondes.
Chipped B6's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: Boooooost!
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Far away

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 228i Coupe  [0.00]
2013 ActiveHybrid 3  [0.00]
2014 M5  [2.00]
2011 Z4 35is  [4.80]
2011 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Well I won't want too loud.

I think Gintani is the best choice because of power gains that are proven?

I would totally buy RPi because of price but the fact that it sounds tinny...

Some have said it's just the way it was installed.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #17
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
69
Rep
4,643
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
If I could rationalize the Kreissig Valvetronic I would do it in a heartbeat. Just too much $$ to drop on an exhaust IMO. Although, going from stock to wide open w/ the press of a button to annoy everyone eating outside at some prissy bistro would be priceless.

That said I'm ordering my Gintani this morning. I guess I'll be the first in the NE w/ it from what I can tell. Hopefully the drone wont be so bad on the highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipped B6 View Post
Well I won't want too loud.

I think Gintani is the best choice because of power gains that are proven?

I would totally buy RPi because of price but the fact that it sounds tinny...

Some have said it's just the way it was installed.

That's it! Gintani it is for me!

I really think that the more people hear the Gintani full system and see the power gains also, the more people are impressed by this company that isn't really known for e9x m3 tuning yet.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #18
jackolo
Groin Grabbingly Trascendent
jackolo's Avatar
Canada
3
Rep
343
Posts

 
Drives: 997 & ///M
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Edmonton AB

iTrader: (5)

I hope I'm not thread jacking but I didn't think it was worth opening another thread.
For anyone who might have heard the Meisterschaft GT in person, would you say it has the most "exotic" sound? I'm looking for something similar to a Kreissieg Valvetronic, a high pitched scream (V8 Ferrari) vs low pitched roar (V8 Mustang). I know I can't duplicate but I'm just seeing what might suit me more.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #19
Chipped B6
Favorite ride of all time?: Blondes.
Chipped B6's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: Boooooost!
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Far away

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 228i Coupe  [0.00]
2013 ActiveHybrid 3  [0.00]
2014 M5  [2.00]
2011 Z4 35is  [4.80]
2011 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
That's it! Gintani it is for me!

I really think that the more people hear the Gintani full system and see the power gains also, the more people are impressed by this company that isn't really known for e9x m3 tuning yet.
Yea, it looks like Gintani for me as well.

Especially when it's selling for Group buy pricing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackolo View Post
I hope I'm not thread jacking but I didn't think it was worth opening another thread.
For anyone who might have heard the Meisterschaft GT in person, would you say it has the most "exotic" sound? I'm looking for something similar to a Kreissieg Valvetronic, a high pitched scream (V8 Ferrari) vs low pitched roar (V8 Mustang). I know I can't duplicate but I'm just seeing what might suit me more.
GT2 is probably the loudest exotic sound but GT has the highest pitch of it which sounds like the Kreissieg,
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #20
Ca$hOnly
Major
Ca$hOnly's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,078
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In ur fridge, eatin ur foodz

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipped B6 View Post
Yea, it looks like Gintani for me as well.

Especially when it's selling for Group buy pricing!



GT2 is probably the loudest exotic sound but GT has the highest pitch of it which sounds like the Kreissieg,
Please stop talking out of your ass. GT2 is louder and higher pitched than the GT.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #21
Chipped B6
Favorite ride of all time?: Blondes.
Chipped B6's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: Boooooost!
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Far away

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 228i Coupe  [0.00]
2013 ActiveHybrid 3  [0.00]
2014 M5  [2.00]
2011 Z4 35is  [4.80]
2011 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
Please stop talking out of your ass. GT2 is louder and higher pitched than the GT.
Well I had asked one of the users here with a full GT2 system and he said the GT sounded most like it. GT2 is even higher pitched and louder.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 07:32 AM   #22
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Eugene-TAIWAN's Avatar
Taiwan
79
Rep
3,113
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Taiwan

iTrader: (4)

so how much power does the GT2 exhaust make??? any dynos?????
__________________

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST