BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #23
b335i
First Lieutenant
 
b335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 e92 335i, 2012 f10 535i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: socal

Posts: 386
iTrader: (3)

Samsung edge-lit LED LCD < Local Dimming LED LCD

I am about to pick up one of these!




http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...-33485569.html
b335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #24
yomama69
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austin, Texas

Posts: 688
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b335i View Post
Samsung edge-lit LED LCD < Local Dimming LED LCD

I am about to pick up one of these!




http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...-33485569.html
Yeah, I hear you.....but this is for my bedroom. I just need something for my wife and I to watch before bed. I have a 1080p projector in my media room and a nice Hitachi plasma in the family room.
yomama69 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #25
b335i
First Lieutenant
 
b335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 e92 335i, 2012 f10 535i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: socal

Posts: 386
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama69 View Post
Yeah, I hear you.....but this is for my bedroom. I just need something for my wife and I to watch before bed. I have a 1080p projector in my media room and a nice Hitachi plasma in the family room.
I know where you can get one 2400 shipped. IDK what the budget is?
b335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2009, 04:27 PM   #26
blue-coupe
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 1999 Z3 Coupe
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dallas TX

Posts: 254
iTrader: (0)

Bedrooms are for video cameras, not TVs.
blue-coupe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #27
yomama69
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austin, Texas

Posts: 688
iTrader: (0)

I decided to go with a 50" THX certified Panasonic 1080p. Getting it at 6thAve for $1,028.
yomama69 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #28
txusa03
Major General
 
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Planet Earth

Posts: 6,567
iTrader: (2)

samsung high end LCD (led models) all have glossy screen (not sexy). How long have you been in Texas, don't you ever hear the phrase "Everything is bigger in Texas". So there is your passport to a bigger tv in bedroom.
__________________
under construction!
txusa03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #29
txusa03
Major General
 
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Planet Earth

Posts: 6,567
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b335i View Post
Samsung edge-lit LED LCD < Local Dimming LED LCD

I am about to pick up one of these!




http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...-33485569.html
I am holding out for the LG xxlh95.
__________________
under construction!
txusa03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #30
yomama69
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austin, Texas

Posts: 688
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
I am holding out for the LG xxlh95.
If I were purchasing a TV for my family room or theatre, I would get something better. Like I said before, this is for our master suite, just to watch for like 30 minutes before bed. I have a theater with a 106" screen 1080p LCD projector, a 1080p Hitachi plasma in my Family Room, an Aquos LCD, and an Olevia LCD. There are no shortcomings of TV's in my home.
yomama69 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2009, 03:40 PM   #31
FStop7
I like cars
 
FStop7's Avatar
 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Posts: 5,059
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama69 View Post
I decided to go with a 50" THX certified Panasonic 1080p. Getting it at 6thAve for $1,028.
Win
__________________
FStop7 is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2009, 03:42 PM   #32
yomama69
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austin, Texas

Posts: 688
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Win
Update. Best Buy is price matching that. I have to pay 80 dollars tax, but I'm a silver premiere member so I'll get 40 bucks back in rewards points and I'll get Saturday delivery and have the delivery guys haul that thing upstairs for me instead of having UPS leave it at my front door when I'm at work.
yomama69 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2009, 04:34 PM   #33
b335i
First Lieutenant
 
b335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 e92 335i, 2012 f10 535i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: socal

Posts: 386
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
I am holding out for the LG xxlh95.
Sorry for thread jack.... I would wait, if i could afford that thing!! It looks awesome!!
b335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #34
yomama69
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austin, Texas

Posts: 688
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
samsung high end LCD (led models) all have glossy screen (not sexy). How long have you been in Texas, don't you ever hear the phrase "Everything is bigger in Texas". So there is your passport to a bigger tv in bedroom.
50" isn't big enough? How many people have a 50" in their bedroom?
yomama69 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2009, 07:48 AM   #35
txusa03
Major General
 
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Planet Earth

Posts: 6,567
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama69 View Post
If I were purchasing a TV for my family room or theatre, I would get something better. Like I said before, this is for our master suite, just to watch for like 30 minutes before bed. I have a theater with a 106" screen 1080p LCD projector, a 1080p Hitachi plasma in my Family Room, an Aquos LCD, and an Olevia LCD. There are no shortcomings of TV's in my home.
I was not saying you need to buy a LED for your bedroom, I was talking to b335i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama69 View Post
50" isn't big enough? How many people have a 50" in their bedroom?
I was commenting on your wife wanting to put a 42" in the bedroom (42 is not big enough).

Sorry for the confusion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b335i View Post
Sorry for thread jack.... I would wait, if i could afford that thing!! It looks awesome!!
I am guessing the LG xxlh95 will probably be out in the US market in Oct or Dec.
__________________
under construction!
txusa03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2009, 08:44 AM   #36
yomama69
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austin, Texas

Posts: 688
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
I was commenting on your wife wanting to put a 42" in the bedroom (42 is not big enough).
My wife does what I tell her.

[I hope she doesn't see this]
yomama69 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2009, 08:51 AM   #37
txusa03
Major General
 
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Planet Earth

Posts: 6,567
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama69 View Post
My wife does what I tell her.
That is what she wants you to think is happening...
__________________
under construction!
txusa03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2009, 08:56 AM   #38
yomama69
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austin, Texas

Posts: 688
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
That is what she wants you to think is happening...
Honestly, she told me to do whatever I wanted concerning the TV.
yomama69 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2009, 09:00 AM   #39
FOXYCaymanS
_
 
FOXYCaymanS's Avatar
 
Drives: Cayman S / Rover
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlanta & Florida

Posts: 428
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama69 View Post
My wife does what I tell her.

[I hope she doesn't see this]
Totally sending this to her
__________________
FOXYCaymanS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST