BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

GTB Performance

06-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Clear Bra Cleaner

I've had my clear bra (Xpel) installed for about 7 months now. I'm slowly collecting more and more bug guts stain. What is the best solution to get rid of these seemingly permenant stains?

Also, I'm noticing that my Xpel film scratches very easily. Some slightly aggressive buffing of the film with a micro fiber towel causes severe scratches. The scratches cover lots of areas on my front end and it looks rather ugly.
frankzlin79 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 06:36 AM   #2
htp autoworks
Private

Drives: A fast one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
I've had my clear bra (Xpel) installed for about 7 months now. I'm slowly collecting more and more bug guts stain. What is the best solution to get rid of these seemingly permenant stains?

Also, I'm noticing that my Xpel film scratches very easily. Some slightly aggressive buffing of the film with a micro fiber towel causes severe scratches. The scratches cover lots of areas on my front end and it looks rather ugly.
It is a pretty soft film. To remove the bug stains I recommend using some rubbing alchohol on it. Just poor some on a microfiber and dab it on the stain. It will soak into the film and lift the stain out as it dries. Do not rub the stain though as you will scuff the film. Alchohol will lift the stains out as it dries.

If you send me a PM with your info I have a great product for sealing the film up to prevent any stains in the future. I will be more than happy to send you some to try out.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 10:02 AM   #3
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Let me try out the rubbing alcohol using the dab technique.

As far as not rubbing the film, too late for that. I was told by my installer to treat the film just like it's paint. So, wash it, clay it, detail it. All that certainly requires some rubbing / buffing motions (all by hand of course).
frankzlin79 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #4
odgaard
keeping cars clean

Drives: 2002 BMW M3

just looked at htp's website. looks like they know their stuff