BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-19-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
kyoshozx
Private First Class
5
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

F1 AutoHaus high powered LED kit

Quick review of the kit, I just received it and installed it.

Installation:
Was pretty straight forward except the front dome. For me it was pretty hard to get to, since those clips are towards the front of the car, the screwdriver or tool you have to use has to be quite short. On a side note the led bulbs for the trunk, and vanity mirror was slightly shorter than stock so i had to bend the metal tabs to make better contact. Rest of the bulbs were easy to get to. Total time for my installation was about an hour and 15 minutes.

All the leds seem to run cooler than the stock bulbs, except for the dome. Well what do you expect with 12 leds. LEDs are bright a lot brighter than stock.

Included below are pictures which was taken in my garage, The garage has no windows and is pitch black there is absolutely no external lighting all the lighting is provided by the leds.





Pic Below is shot from outside the car with windows up. Car is tinted with huber optik.
__________________

Last edited by kyoshozx; 06-19-2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: picture resizing
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
MShao825
Go Terps!
MShao825's Avatar
20
Rep
1,377
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 SSII/FR E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ Gaithersburg, MD

iTrader: (2)

C'mon man, take better pics and make them smaller. Geez
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
Kev
Resident Anesthesiologist
Kev's Avatar
Hong Kong
180
Rep
8,815
Posts

 
Drives: VW bug with a misplaced engine
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
The way you described for accessing the front dome is actually very dangerous, people have ruined the headliner and / or the tabs of the front dome because of that.

There is a much, much easier to get to the front dome lights.

1. Flip down your sun visors and turn them to the side windows

2. With a trim tool or something that has a pointy edge, open the flap door on the sun visor mount closer to the front dome light

3. Unbolt the torx screw behind the flap door, remove the visor mount.

4. Repeat 1-3 for passenger side.

5. Now with both visor mount removed, you should have enough slack to pull down the headliner in front of the dome light

6. Fish your hand in and push the metal tabs on the front dome to release it

7. Reverse to put it back together.
__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
kyoshozx
Private First Class
5
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshao825 View Post
C'mon man, take better pics and make them smaller. Geez
hhehe made them slightly smaller just for you
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
kyoshozx
Private First Class
5
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
The way you described for accessing the front dome is actually very dangerous, people have ruined the headliner and / or the tabs of the front dome because of that.

There is a much, much easier to get to the front dome lights.

1. Flip down your sun visors and turn them to the side windows

2. With a trim tool or something that has a pointy edge, open the flap door on the sun visor mount closer to the front dome light

3. Unbolt the torx screw behind the flap door, remove the visor mount.

4. Repeat 1-3 for passenger side.

5. Now with both visor mount removed, you should have enough slack to pull down the headliner in front of the dome light

6. Fish your hand in and push the metal tabs on the front dome to release it

7. Reverse to put it back together.
thanks wished i knew of this earlier, i tried searching the forums for another way. But i couldn't, i'm glad i didn't do any damage to the headliner
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 02:27 PM   #6
AwesomeM3
Major
AwesomeM3's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
1,471
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, E70 X5, 1967 Corvette
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [5.00]
2009 X5 48i M Sport  [5.00]
(SOLD) 2001 M3  [0.00]
Sweet mod! The LEDs look awesome!
__________________

2008 E92 M3 Coupe 6MT | 2009 E70 X5 xDrive 48i M Sport | 1967 Corvette Coupe
2001 E46 M3 - Sold | 1997 E36 M3 - Sold | BMW CCA member
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 02:29 PM   #7
Mike@F1 AutohaŘs
Lieutenant Colonel
Mike@F1 AutohaŘs's Avatar
38
Rep
1,986
Posts

 
Drives: ❤
Join Date: May 2009
Location: f1autohaus.com

iTrader: (24)

Karl: Were all the festoons the same size by mistake? There was suppose to be one (39mm bulb) for the glove and three (42mm bulb) bulbs for the visors/trunk lights.
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #8
kyoshozx
Private First Class
5
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@F1 AutohaŘs View Post
Karl: Were all the festoons the same size by mistake? There was suppose to be one (39mm bulb) for the glove and three (42mm bulb) bulbs for the visors/trunk lights.
Yes they were all the same size, i guess i got the wrong sizes for 3 of them no wonder they didn't fit snuggly.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 03:01 PM   #9
Mike@F1 AutohaŘs
Lieutenant Colonel
Mike@F1 AutohaŘs's Avatar
38
Rep
1,986
Posts

 
Drives: ❤
Join Date: May 2009
Location: f1autohaus.com

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoshozx View Post
Yes they were all the same size, i guess i got the wrong sizes for 3 of them no wonder they didn't fit snuggly.
I'll be sending out the proper sized bulbs tomorrow morning
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #10
swamp2
Lieutenant General
swamp2's Avatar
United_States
214
Rep
10,201
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

iTrader: (1)

Looking good. More info on the kit please.

1. Is this a true full LED interior kit?
2. Does it cover EVERY interior bulb on the car?
3. What is the price?
4. What is the distributors web site?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #11
kyoshozx
Private First Class
5
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Looking good. More info on the kit please.

1. Is this a true full LED interior kit?
2. Does it cover EVERY interior bulb on the car?
3. What is the price?
4. What is the distributors web site?

Thanks!
I bought it from Mike, here's the link to the thread. All your questions will be answered in that link.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ght=Autoha%FCs

Yes all the bulbs are LEDs, domes, reading lamps, vanity mirrors, door, footwell, glove compartment and even the trunk.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #12
Mike@F1 AutohaŘs
Lieutenant Colonel
Mike@F1 AutohaŘs's Avatar
38
Rep
1,986
Posts

 
Drives: ❤
Join Date: May 2009
Location: f1autohaus.com

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Looking good. More info on the kit please.

1. Is this a true full LED interior kit?
2. Does it cover EVERY interior bulb on the car?
3. What is the price?
4. What is the distributors web site?

Thanks!
It's a complete High-Powered LED interior kit which replaces every single bulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoshozx View Post
I bought it from Mike, here's the link to the thread. All your questions will be answered in that link.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ght=Autoha%FCs

Yes all the bulbs are LEDs, domes, reading lamps, vanity mirrors, door, footwell, glove compartment and even the trunk.
Thanks Karl!
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 05:39 PM   #13
Adonislike
Captain
United_States
11
Rep
842
Posts

 
Drives: Toyota Insight/Honda Prius
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (1)

Price??????
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #14
d_dot
4 * General
d_dot's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
646
Posts

 
Drives: F12 M6,Audi R8 Lambo Gallardo
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Tri-State

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to d_dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonislike View Post
Price??????
+1
__________________
Nissan GT-R (Sold) E92 M3 + 335 (sold) F10 535 (sold) When Driving Nice Whips It Helps To Have Nice Kix!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 10:31 PM   #15
Mike@F1 AutohaŘs
Lieutenant Colonel
Mike@F1 AutohaŘs's Avatar
38
Rep
1,986
Posts

 
Drives: ❤
Join Date: May 2009
Location: f1autohaus.com

iTrader: (24)

Please check the thread below for more pricing info:

F1 AutohaŘs | High-Powered LED Interior - 100% ZERO ERRORS!!
Ľ http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273222
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #16
BMWDEMON
Super modder
BMWDEMON's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
1,803
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 & E46 M3 vert
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Annapolis, MD

iTrader: (1)

I didn't get this kit but I have to say Mike's customer support and delivery is bar none.

M
__________________
BOOSTED! 2005 E46 M3 ZCP - I/B on black- DD super modded (425WHP/300FT)
I will be looking for a low mileage AW/Red MANUAL E92 M3 in the spring!! WILL ENTERTAIN LW WB conversion vehicle
MODS in hand: Akra EVO, Rennline pedals
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST