BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible > General E46 M3 Talk
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
gckbmw
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: 2003 E46 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Honolulu

iTrader: (0)

****My new Carbon Fiber Shifter Boot****

I'm the first to install my 100% real carbon fiber shifter and e-brake boot on my e46 M3. This is the best carbon fiber investment yet! My buddy here in Hawaii fabricated these carbon fiber boot in cloth form and matched it to OEM size. This is not the junky rubber coated one's from China. All I have to say is wow! I can't wait to see what he makes next. Let me know what you guys think!


-GCKBMW





performanceengineeringusa
Attached Images
    

Last edited by gckbmw; 06-04-2009 at 11:28 PM. Reason: forgot details
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
Swancoat
First Lieutenant
7
Rep
350
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

If it's 'real carbon fiber', why is some of the sticker stuck on to the console near the hazard lights and door lock switch?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #3
gadget
Major
gadget's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,162
Posts

 
Drives: 09 e92///M SSII DCT
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

CF overboard-- looks like crap +1 on the fake stickers....

anyways.. this is for e92///M only...take your old car elsewhere its not welcome here....ok, not really, i'm really bored.... but wrong thread anyways.

but yeah it does look like crap. but hey, at least you'll get .0000001lbs of weight savings....
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
Stunnerable
Captain
Stunnerable's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
624
Posts

 
Drives: Nissan Rogue, 09 Jet Black M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Horsham, PA

iTrader: (0)

I love how people take into account others feelings on this site. People are so tough on the computer. Pathetic.
__________________
Straight roads are for fast cars. Curvy roads are for fast drivers.

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 11:12 PM   #5
gckbmw
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: 2003 E46 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Honolulu

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swancoat View Post
If it's 'real carbon fiber', why is some of the sticker stuck on to the console near the hazard lights and door lock switch?
Yes, this is all real carbon fiber. I wasted $130 on a adhesive 20"x40" real carbon twill weave sheet. I tried covering the console and I did'nt want to rip it off b/c of plastic coating might come off with it.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 11:19 PM   #6
gckbmw
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: 2003 E46 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Honolulu

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget View Post
CF overboard-- looks like crap +1 on the fake stickers....

anyways.. this is for e92///M only...take your old car elsewhere its not welcome here....ok, not really, i'm really bored.... but wrong thread anyways.

but yeah it does look like crap. but hey, at least you'll get .0000001lbs of weight savings....
Yeah your really bored all right! Hating on someone to only make yourself look like a real DBAG! I seen your other replies to posts.....you must think your so much better the day you traded in your E46 for your e92. More like a Porsche Boxster! Its the idea behind the part not trying to shed the weight.
You could only hope to have this inventive carbon fiber product. How bout his, shit in one hand and hope in the other and see which fills up first!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 06:09 AM   #7
ACZakka325i
Lieutenant Colonel
ACZakka325i's Avatar
33
Rep
1,756
Posts

 
Drives: X1 3.5 M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CT

iTrader: (2)

Regardless of all the BS in this thread already, I think your mod is ugly as hell. SORRY.
__________________
2013 535i xdrive(Current)
2008 E92 M3 (Gone)
2006 E90 325i (Gone)
2002 E46 325xi (Gone)
1991 E30 325i (Gone)
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #8
cut2qr
Private
United_States
0
Rep
67
Posts

 
Drives: e90 M3 sedan
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

i like it
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #9
White08M3
Captain
White08M3's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
789
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island,NY/ Miami Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to White08M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunnerable View Post
I love how people take into account others feelings on this site. People are so tough on the computer. Pathetic.
+1
__________________


E92 ///M3/Alpine White/6MT/Tech/VRS Boot Lid/UUC SSK/H&R Sport Drop/Hamann lip/ Remus Race Exhaust...
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #10
J08M3
Major General
J08M3's Avatar
United_States
102
Rep
6,012
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NEW YORK

iTrader: (8)

tacky.... to say the least, no offense to the OP and the lost $130
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #11
gckbmw
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: 2003 E46 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Honolulu

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
tacky.... to say the least, no offense to the OP and the lost $130
Its so very often that new parts are innovated. Most people design M3 parts that all look a like, its just the quality, time spent and cost that separates others. Yeah it might be a lot of CF but if you got something no one else does than that is what makes your ride different from the next guy or gal. Also, we own M3's so what the hell is $130.......
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 08:03 AM   #12
J08M3
Major General
J08M3's Avatar
United_States
102
Rep
6,012
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NEW YORK

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gckbmw View Post
Its so very often that new parts are innovated. Most people design M3 parts that all look a like, its just the quality, time spent and cost that separates others. Yeah it might be a lot of CF but if you got something no one else does than that is what makes your ride different from the next guy or gal. Also, we own M3's so what the hell is $130.......
It's cool to have something different, and I in no way think there's something wrong with spending $130 or more to do it. I just don't like this and wish the stupid CF everywhere trend would finally go away.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #13
gckbmw
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: 2003 E46 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Honolulu

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
It's cool to have something different, and I in no way think there's something wrong with spending $130 or more to do it. I just don't like this and wish the stupid CF everywhere trend would finally go away.
I only enjoy CF on the interior not exterior. I took my wheels, Grill, fender slots and wet sanded and finished in flat black. My car Alpine white so the black accents are great looking mods. I can't get myself to buy the CF hood, doors and $700 CSL style trunk lid. I'd rather buy HP mods instead.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 03:07 PM   #14
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
SlammedR8's Avatar
Canada
121
Rep
4,937
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
too much cf
but hey, if you like it. enjoy it
__________________
2010 Audi R8 V10 Coupe 6MT-White on Red
GMG Exhaust | H&R Springs | H&R Spacers | Carbonio Intake | UniTronic ECU Upgrade| 15% Tints/50% Windshield|LED License Plate
2013 Range Rover Sport-Black on Black
Stock with 15% Tint & 50% Windshield
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #15
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
173
Rep
12,996
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

kinda ugly!
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2009, 01:15 PM   #16
Bargamon
Captain
Bargamon's Avatar
15
Rep
957
Posts

 
Drives: 07' e92 328i 6MT sport
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NorthCarolina

iTrader: (0)

I think the M3 itself is completely over the top, so if a dude wants to burn some hours to go even further over it, then its his business!!!!!!

I'd be polite to say its very unique and non other like it!

Or nothing at all!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #17
IbanezGod
Captain
IbanezGod's Avatar
30
Rep
954
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

be sweet with the alacantara mstitch boot, bit too much CF for me, but unique
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #18
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
SUB-ZERO's Avatar
26
Rep
1,562
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 997TT Arctic Silver
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gckbmw View Post
I'm the first to install my 100% real carbon fiber shifter and e-brake boot on my e46 M3. This is the best carbon fiber investment yet! My buddy here in Hawaii fabricated these carbon fiber boot in cloth form and matched it to OEM size. This is not the junky rubber coated one's from China. All I have to say is wow! I can't wait to see what he makes next. Let me know what you guys think!


-GCKBMW





performanceengineeringusa
Looks nice! Congrats
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 10:01 PM   #19
LateBraking
Brigadier General
LateBraking's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
3,878
Posts

 
Drives: Reliable Cars
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pacific Standard Time

iTrader: (27)

My personal opinion is that it looks a bit overdone. I think it would look pretty good if it was alcantara instead, since you had all the CF trim already.

IMO carbon fiber is taking the place of the old chrome fad, everyone put it everywhere.

But the hardest part for me to look at is that blue UUC emblem. I just wish it was another color, or something.

But still, points for trying something different that nobody else has.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST