BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
MaxcySpeed & Company
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #177
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 254
iTrader: (0)

I will be at the track day on the 28th.
This will be my first time on the track.
Super excited!
Brianrg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #178
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Calgary

Posts: 549
iTrader: (0)

If we meet on Thurday I will most likely bring the M3 instead of the track car.
CSMRX7 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #179
nd54
Captain
 
Drives: RDSport RS 46
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 649
iTrader: (6)

I don't want to interrupt the track day arrangements, so how about Friday late afternoon/eve?
nd54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #180
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 254
iTrader: (0)

Saw two incredible E92 M3's at Tuner Works today.
One with a great set of AC Schnitzer's and SS Exhaust and the other had an RD stroker under the hood. Does anyone here one one of the those cars?
Brianrg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #181
volinder
Lieutenant
 
Drives: bmw wannabe
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: calgary

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd54 View Post
I don't want to interrupt the track day arrangements, so how about Friday late afternoon/eve?

I would drop by for a friday evening if something is going down.
__________________
2008 E93 M3 6MT, White/Bamboo SOLD!!!
2011 F10 550i Sold
2012 750Li Sold
2013 M5 6 speed
volinder is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #182
nd54
Captain
 
Drives: RDSport RS 46
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 649
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrg View Post
Saw two incredible E92 M3's at Tuner Works today.
One with a great set of AC Schnitzer's and SS Exhaust and the other had an RD stroker under the hood. Does anyone here one one of the those cars?
Haha the RD car is mine, but it wasn't at Tunerworks, it was a couple doors down at Refine to get the remnants of my 3M clear bra removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volinder View Post
I would drop by for a friday evening if something is going down.
Sounds good.
nd54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #183
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 254
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd54 View Post
Haha the RD car is mine, but it wasn't at Tunerworks, it was a couple doors down at Refine to get the remnants of my 3M clear bra removed.



Sounds good.
Ya thats right.
Bobby took me over there to take a look.
Your car is freaking ridiculous.
How much of a difference is there?
I feel like an absolute junior.
Brianrg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #184
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 254
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd54 View Post
Haha the RD car is mine, but it wasn't at Tunerworks, it was a couple doors down at Refine to get the remnants of my 3M clear bra removed.



Sounds good.
I am in for meet on Friday if it goes down.
Brianrg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2009, 09:51 PM   #185
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 254
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd54 View Post
Haha the RD car is mine, but it wasn't at Tunerworks, it was a couple doors down at Refine to get the remnants of my 3M clear bra removed.



Sounds good.
What kind of numbers are you getting now?
Can you give me a ball park price?
Thanks in advance.
Brianrg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 10:30 AM   #186
nd54
Captain
 
Drives: RDSport RS 46
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 649
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrg View Post
Ya thats right.
Bobby took me over there to take a look.
Your car is freaking ridiculous.
How much of a difference is there?
I feel like an absolute junior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrg View Post
I am in for meet on Friday if it goes down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrg View Post
What kind of numbers are you getting now?
Can you give me a ball park price?
Thanks in advance.
I have no idea who Bobby is, but I'm glad you like the car. You can see dyno charts and more info in the engine tuning section. I haven't posted my dynos but Pencilgeek has posted his.

Anyway for the mini-meet on Friday, does anyone have a preferred location? I was thinking maybe North Glenmore Park, which is where we had a big meet last year, or maybe Stanley Park? The Staples parking lot in downtown is pretty good as well, won't be busy at all in the eve.
nd54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 10:38 AM   #187
Eurotrash8
Captain
 
Eurotrash8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Posts: 622
iTrader: (4)

Keep me posted on the mini - M3 meet.
__________________
Eurotrash8 is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #188
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 254
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd54 View Post
I have no idea who Bobby is, but I'm glad you like the car. You can see dyno charts and more info in the engine tuning section. I haven't posted my dynos but Pencilgeek has posted his.

Anyway for the mini-meet on Friday, does anyone have a preferred location? I was thinking maybe North Glenmore Park, which is where we had a big meet last year, or maybe Stanley Park? The Staples parking lot in downtown is pretty good as well, won't be busy at all in the eve.
Perfect.
I think Bobby is one of the owners of Tuner Works.
All locations work for me!
Brianrg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 04:29 PM   #189
nd54
Captain
 
Drives: RDSport RS 46
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 649
iTrader: (6)

I'm going to take a later flight so I'll be there on Sunday as well. Still down for the mini-meet though. Going to double check locations now, make sure there are no steep inclines or potholes...
nd54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #190
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Calgary

Posts: 549
iTrader: (0)

good to hear. I may be able to drop by on friday too.
CSMRX7 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2009, 08:08 PM   #191
volinder
Lieutenant
 
Drives: bmw wannabe
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: calgary

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrg View Post
I am in for meet on Friday if it goes down.

Lets do a mini meet on friday, Staples downtown. Should be central for everyone. Lets make a time, roughly, 7ish?
__________________
2008 E93 M3 6MT, White/Bamboo SOLD!!!
2011 F10 550i Sold
2012 750Li Sold
2013 M5 6 speed
volinder is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #192
nd54
Captain
 
Drives: RDSport RS 46
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 649
iTrader: (6)

Any chance we could make it a bit earlier? Maybe 6 or even 6:30?
nd54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #193
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Calgary

Posts: 549
iTrader: (0)

So what time we meeting tonight is it still 7 or earlier?

Also did anyone snap some pictures last night. Big to the new comers on some serious improvement over the night. You guys really were able to pick up the pace quickly!!!
CSMRX7 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #194
volinder
Lieutenant
 
Drives: bmw wannabe
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: calgary

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

6:30 is fine, but honestly, i'm just doing a quick stopover as I'll have my wife and son with me.
__________________
2008 E93 M3 6MT, White/Bamboo SOLD!!!
2011 F10 550i Sold
2012 750Li Sold
2013 M5 6 speed
volinder is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #195
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 254
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRX7 View Post
So what time we meeting tonight is it still 7 or earlier?

Also did anyone snap some pictures last night. Big to the new comers on some serious improvement over the night. You guys really were able to pick up the pace quickly!!!
Last night was incredible!
My first time on the track and I had Greg in the passenger seat all night.

What a difference from the first session to the last two.
I am now Addicted.

Humbling experience when I was the passenger for 3 laps in his Viper.
Brianrg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #196
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Calgary

Posts: 549
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrg View Post
Last night was incredible!
My first time on the track and I had Greg in the passenger seat all night.

What a difference from the first session to the last two.
I am now Addicted.

Humbling experience when I was the passenger for 3 laps in his Viper.
Do you know what kinds of times Greg put down in the Viper with you? The best that I have seen is 123.3 with a passenger but pretty insane experience huh? If you come out later in the season I can take you for a ride in my track car if you like to give you the experience of true R comps, or possibly slicks.
CSMRX7 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2009, 11:51 AM   #197
sparkyg
Brigadier General
 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

Posts: 3,483
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrg View Post
Last night was incredible!
My first time on the track and I had Greg in the passenger seat all night.

What a difference from the first session to the last two.
I am now Addicted.

Humbling experience when I was the passenger for 3 laps in his Viper.

How are you liking the gear set Brian? I still have the stock 6MT but with the dollar climbing??

How is driving around town, can you still roll around in 3rd easily or are teh revs too high? How bad is 1st now?
sparkyg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #198
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 254
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRX7 View Post
Do you know what kinds of times Greg put down in the Viper with you? The best that I have seen is 123.3 with a passenger but pretty insane experience huh? If you come out later in the season I can take you for a ride in my track car if you like to give you the experience of true R comps, or possibly slicks.
Definitely insane!
I felt like an absolute junior when we went from his car to mine after those three laps.
We ran 124.7.
I can't imagine a 123.3.
And yes I would love to have a ride in your track car.
Brianrg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST