BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-13-2009, 07:27 PM   #23
HenryDog
Registered
 
Drives: 2003 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Yo Dawg! Nice instruments on your cluster!
HenryDog is offline   United_States
0
      04-13-2009, 08:31 PM   #24
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,539
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
lame IMO, i see alot of hondas and toyotas with thsoe types of gauges.
__________________
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
      04-13-2009, 10:57 PM   #25
Cab5er
Colonel
 
Cab5er's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E90 M3 & 07 TL
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Fremont, Hainan

Posts: 2,338
iTrader: (22)

Hurts my eyes. Trying way too hard. But if you like it then by all means...
__________________

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Cab5er is offline   China
0
      04-13-2009, 11:06 PM   #26
itz16v
Lieutenant
 
itz16v's Avatar
 
Drives: 997 Turbo///E63 AMG
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Socal/Ko'Olina

Posts: 479
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to itz16v
rice cake if you like it eat it.
itz16v is offline   United_States
0
      04-14-2009, 12:28 AM   #27
ryan311
Private
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: CO

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
+10!

It has a terrible look to it. Looks like a total hack job even though it probably took a lot of time to develop. Sorry just IMO.
__________________
2013 GT-R White (AMS Alpha 6, AMS Induction Kit, COBB Tune) ~700hp
2012 LR4 White Lux Package, DVD Entertainment
2009 E90 DCT Jet Black / Black Leather / Fully Loaded / Blacked out (tint, gill, reflectors, wheels, etc)
2010 335i M Sport Fully Loaded
ryan311 is offline  
0
      04-14-2009, 01:44 AM   #28
M3_LIN
LM-R Whore.
 
M3_LIN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 White M3 Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LA

Posts: 858
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to M3_LIN Send a message via MSN to M3_LIN
i think something that would be cool is to take our stock gauges and make the M emblem light up on the rev side. Im pretty dissapointed that BMW didnt make the M logo light up at night time. Other than that i wouldnt change the guages.

Ed Lin
__________________

09AWE90M: Light headlight tint, Full front end clear bra wrap(Harris@InstyleGraphics), Ceramic tint(40%), Piaa GTX H3 bulb, HID 8k AE, 6k Low, INT Luxer1 lights, RD springs, LMR 20X9 +8, 20X10 +18 (Dave @ Status), Vertice CF hood Ducts(Dat @ VertexUSA), Tecnocraft FULL Envy Intake system+plenum(KEVLAR)+cabin filter covers, Meister GTC exhaust, Arkym F LIP.
M3_LIN is offline   United_States
0
      04-14-2009, 02:33 AM   #29
rsmamg
Flying First Class
 
Drives: M
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CA

Posts: 584
iTrader: (0)

looks pretty cool lit up.. but i dont think i would want it.
rsmamg is offline   United_States
0
      04-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #30
jgorman13
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i, 2008 C300 Sport
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NYC

Posts: 528
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itz16v View Post
rice cake if you like it eat it.
+1
jgorman13 is offline  
0
      04-14-2009, 02:46 PM   #31
wolftrouble
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 148
iTrader: (0)

So actually that brings to mind (and someone else has already mentioned a couple ideas): What WOULD you change about the instrument cluster, if you could?

Mine:
  • 'Moving' redline and cruise-control should be digital instead of analog
  • Shift lights on the 6MT (WHY OH WHY DID THEY ONLY PUT IT ON THE M-DCT!?)
  • Light-up ///M logo
  • Larger, higher-res center display
  • Entire center portion should be LED display (i.e. no backlit cutouts)

Other than that, I love it just how it is. I'm not an huge fan of the standard BMW orange interior but I know it'd be heresy to suggest a change to it. And I do like that it's more understated than the bling-bling you see on a lot of other cars, performance or otherwise.
__________________
wolftrouble is offline  
0
      04-14-2009, 08:51 PM   #32
mdrobc13
Lieutenant Colonel
 
mdrobc13's Avatar
 
Drives: Made in Bavaria
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: On a base somewhere near or afar!

Posts: 1,569
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2012 BMW 550i  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to mdrobc13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdrobc13
ok if u like it. Looks like you'd be driving the M3 from GT4 Prologue to me!
__________________
'14 F06 650xi Gran Coupe (Carbon Black Mettalic)- Daily Driver
'12 F10 550i (Dinan S3 Car) - Gone
'10 e71 X6 35iDrive SAV (Space Gray) - Gone
'08 e92 M3 coupe (Sparkling Graphite) -Gone
'06 e85 Z4 M Roadster (Black Metallic) -Gone
mdrobc13 is offline   United_States
0
      04-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #33
Jack28
HUSTLER
 
Jack28's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3-E92 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So/Ca Los Angeles

Posts: 1,319
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Jack28
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
lame IMO, i see alot of hondas and toyotas with thsoe types of gauges.
same here... I mean if you like it then more power to you.. Just not my cup of tea.
__________________

E92 M3 ZCP- AW/FR w/Extended Leather) Packages: ZCP, 6MT, Fully Loaded
E46 M3 - AW/IR 6 Spd, Fully Loaded. 19'' BBS LM DBK, V-CSL C/F Bmpr, Botld, Diff, V-CSL Custum IR-CF Center Counsel, V-GTR Hood, Dixis Ti 76mm, Meisterschaft Ti Sec. 1&2, EvoSport Headers, CAI, D/A Chip, tck d/a, Alcantera Headliner with Imola Red Sttitching....
Jack28 is offline  
0
      04-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #34
endofanera7
Major General
 
endofanera7's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 5,172
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to endofanera7 Send a message via MSN to endofanera7
The words "LEDmod.com" being on the gauge killed it...
endofanera7 is offline   No_Country
0
      04-15-2009, 03:00 AM   #35
yellowssm
Private First Class
 
yellowssm's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: las vegas

Posts: 188
iTrader: (1)

it's funny how EVERY SINGLE one of you E9X guys hate the gauges or think they are rice, but the huge majority (80-90%) of people on the other bmw forums (m3forum, e46fanatics, bimmerforums, mfestforum, and 6speedonline) like the gauges if not love the gauges. And the best part is everyone that saw them in person this weekend at mfest had nothing but good things to say including some E9X owners. Maybe the pics don't do them justice since they are from a crappy point and shoot. Or maybe it's just this forum. I mean you guys do drive e9xs cause obviously "think" they look good. now let's talk about ugly...
__________________

E46 M3 HPF/ProEfi Stage 2.25 & 646rwhp & 549wtq on E85
yellowssm is offline  
0
      04-15-2009, 03:06 AM   #36
camaross305
 
camaross305's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: gainesville fl

Posts: 1,825
iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftrouble View Post
So actually that brings to mind (and someone else has already mentioned a couple ideas): What WOULD you change about the instrument cluster, if you could?

Mine:
  • 'Moving' redline and cruise-control should be digital instead of analog
  • Shift lights on the 6MT (WHY OH WHY DID THEY ONLY PUT IT ON THE M-DCT!?)
  • Light-up ///M logo
  • Larger, higher-res center display
  • Entire center portion should be LED display (i.e. no backlit cutouts)

Other than that, I love it just how it is. I'm not an huge fan of the standard BMW orange interior but I know it'd be heresy to suggest a change to it. And I do like that it's more understated than the bling-bling you see on a lot of other cars, performance or otherwise.
That would make our gauges perfect
camaross305 is offline  
0
      04-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #37
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
 
southlight's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

Posts: 6,748
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowssm View Post
it's funny how EVERY SINGLE one of you E9X guys hate the gauges or think they are rice, but the huge majority (80-90%) of people on the other bmw forums (m3forum, e46fanatics, bimmerforums, mfestforum, and 6speedonline) like the gauges if not love the gauges. And the best part is everyone that saw them in person this weekend at mfest had nothing but good things to say including some E9X owners. Maybe the pics don't do them justice since they are from a crappy point and shoot. Or maybe it's just this forum. I mean you guys do drive e9xs cause obviously "think" they look good. now let's talk about ugly...
Wow, you come over here, make a commercial post (which is not allowed for non-sponsors) and now start attacking as you
don't get the appreciation you anticipated. That's enough, thread closed.



Best regards,
south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
southlight is offline  
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST