BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-19-2009, 01:11 PM   #45
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,640
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFastM3 View Post
An omnipotent & omniscient God more powerful then you can possibly imagine?
really? try me..i have a vivid imagination


you know what...the people who wrote the bible were great story tellers...hell theyre better than stephen king.....

i mean damn that is some good shit they made up.
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #46
lvwirelessguy
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 702

Posts: 947
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to lvwirelessguy
I believe in UFOs & aliens, not god
lvwirelessguy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #47
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,640
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvwirelessguy View Post
I believe in UFOs & aliens, not god
they have a better chance of being real


lol
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2009, 03:08 PM   #48
ChrisFastM3
Captain
 
ChrisFastM3's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 vert w/ LOTS of mods
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 676
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
really? try me..i have a vivid imagination


you know what...the people who wrote the bible were great story tellers...hell theyre better than stephen king.....

i mean damn that is some good shit they made up.
There are 40 authors of the Bible. To date, the Bible is still considered the most accurate book ever written regarding history (such as kings, great civilizations, ect)

Would you even go so far to believe that a man named Jesus walked the earth roughly 2000 years ago? If so, then don't you find it interesting that people wrote in the old testament 1000's of years before Christ's birth & death about how He was gonna die of crucifixion which wouldn't even be invented until the Roman empire?
ChrisFastM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #49
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,640
iTrader: (3)

please tell one person who find the bible as an accurate source of information ...other than religious fanatics...please?
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #50
radix
there's something different about him
 
radix's Avatar
 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -

Posts: 896
iTrader: (0)

Do not anger the Picard, he will facepalm.
radix is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2009, 04:16 PM   #51
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,640
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmcguire View Post
Do not anger the Picard, he will facepalm.
lolz
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2009, 05:57 PM   #52
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
 
ChineseGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: Black E90
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Pole

Posts: 1,500
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFastM3 View Post
no belief in anything huh?

What is so hard to believe in a creator? Look around you.....

Evolution = There was originally nothing, then nothing collided into itself & in a big explosion everything was created in Layman's Terms.

Creation = Creator

Tell ya what, prove that God is absurd using the scientific method & I'll believe you...... Since the only way something is a fact is if you can prove it without a shadow of a doubt, right?
I'm looking around and I don't see a creator nowhere...

You can't prove anything about something that does not exist. If you can't prove my flying dragon being a bogus idea, then we can't prove God or a creator does not exist.

You might think earth is so complex and at the same time being able to allow humans to survive in it is very impossible and therefore makes you think that there's God or a creator. However, if earth was not able to allow us survive here, we won't be able to debate in this forum today.

Somewhat difficult to grasp for a relgious folk, but once you stop blaming everything on God, things can be pretty simple...
ChineseGuy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2009, 11:33 PM   #53
ChrisFastM3
Captain
 
ChrisFastM3's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 vert w/ LOTS of mods
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 676
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
I'm looking around and I don't see a creator nowhere...

You can't prove anything about something that does not exist. If you can't prove my flying dragon being a bogus idea, then we can't prove God or a creator does not exist.

You might think earth is so complex and at the same time being able to allow humans to survive in it is very impossible and therefore makes you think that there's God or a creator. However, if earth was not able to allow us survive here, we won't be able to debate in this forum today.

Somewhat difficult to grasp for a relgious folk, but once you stop blaming everything on God, things can be pretty simple...
First things first, I never said I could prove the existence of God. Actually this whole time I've been saying that no matter what you believe, God or no God, it comes down to faith.

Like I said before, I believe in a creator. Most atheist believe the big bang theory that has to do with super strings that vibrate on the 9th dimension. Prove that! You can't. IT'S FAITH! One gentleman here actually said it's a fact...... Far from it. Just a couple 100 years ago it was a fact that the world is flat....

Your last statement rubs off to me that you have an assumption that I (or Christians) blame everything on God. Far from it. I believe in free will & so do all Christians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
please tell one person who find the bible as an accurate source of information ...other than religious fanatics...please?
If you insist....

http://www.forumterrace.com/Questions/Historically.html

"Could all of this been fabricated by Biblical writers? The evidence from archaeology says NO! As quoted in the New York Times, Dr. Nelson Gluech said, "No archaeological discovery has ever been made that contradicts or controverts historical statements in Scripture." Henry M. Morris observes: "...there exists today not one unquestionable find of archaeology that proves the bible to be in error at any point."

Google all you want....

I hope you don't have a negative standpoint about my religion from encountering a fanatical denomination of it. What I'm trying to say is, all Christians are not Catholic, Protestant, Lutheran, ect.... I myself am a non-denominational Christian. Like other religions, in Christianity there are corrupt denominations such as the KKK. Also, what is unique to Christianity is cults that use the Christian name to recruit members such as the Jehovah's Witness. I do not mean to offend anyone who is a jehovah's Witness but, one of my pass times is studying religions & I can present enough info to back my claim. My beliefs are mine. Yours are yours. Just understand that if your belief is atheism, it is your faith.
ChrisFastM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2009, 10:46 AM   #54
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,640
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFastM3 View Post
...

If you insist....

http://www.forumterrace.com/Questions/Historically.html

"Could all of this been fabricated by Biblical writers? The evidence from archaeology says NO! As quoted in the New York Times, Dr. Nelson Gluech said, "No archaeological discovery has ever been made that contradicts or controverts historical statements in Scripture." Henry M. Morris observes: "...there exists today not one unquestionable find of archaeology that proves the bible to be in error at any point."

Google all you want....
.......
you quote a guy who is obviously a christian...this guy has no credentials and like all religious people, will twist the bible in their favor.....and to quote a friend, "chewbecca living with a bunch of ewoks makes more sense" than the bible/religion does to me

just because the bible holds certain accurate points in history that doesnt make everything the bible true.

simply put...if i write a work of fiction and start with " the day after 9/11, small lizard gremlins came out of the ground and craved goats milk from baby aliens"......by that logic...since 9/11 happend then the rest of the story must be true. right?


chris let me ask you something....do you believe in dinosaurs???

if you say no, ill stop talking to you....forever!
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2009, 02:16 PM   #55
Negotiator
Lieutenant
 
Negotiator's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 GTI
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 539
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFastM3 View Post
There are 40 authors of the Bible. To date, the Bible is still considered the most accurate book ever written regarding history (such as kings, great civilizations, ect)

Would you even go so far to believe that a man named Jesus walked the earth roughly 2000 years ago? If so, then don't you find it interesting that people wrote in the old testament 1000's of years before Christ's birth & death about how He was gonna die of crucifixion which wouldn't even be invented until the Roman empire?
Except for the whole thing regarding the age of the universe and stuff.
Negotiator is offline   Ukraine
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #56
ChrisFastM3
Captain
 
ChrisFastM3's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 vert w/ LOTS of mods
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 676
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
you quote a guy who is obviously a christian...this guy has no credentials and like all religious people, will twist the bible in their favor.....and to quote a friend, "chewbecca living with a bunch of ewoks makes more sense" than the bible/religion does to me

just because the bible holds certain accurate points in history that doesnt make everything the bible true.

simply put...if i write a work of fiction and start with " the day after 9/11, small lizard gremlins came out of the ground and craved goats milk from baby aliens"......by that logic...since 9/11 happend then the rest of the story must be true. right?


chris let me ask you something....do you believe in dinosaurs???

if you say no, ill stop talking to you....forever!
I never said it did. Read what you asked of me. I provided it. Now I ask of you to find info stating the opposite. Just don't hold your breath. It's widely known that Biblical records match up perfectly with what we have discovered in archeology.

Also, the 1st man I quoted is Jewish, has HUGE credentials, & is widely respected. He delivered the benediction at President John F. Kennedy's inauguration in 1961, discovered remains of the advanced Nabataean civilization, wrote many books with high acclaim, & received a PhD.

Yes, I believe in dinosaurs & I know where your getting with this. Even though you most likely don't know this, the Bible mentions dinosaurs & describes them a few times.

Read this:
http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/dinos.shtml

then hit me up & try to pop some holes in it.... I'll try my best to answer your questions. Just as long as we keep it calm, cool & collected, I think we can both learn a lot about each others beliefs.
ChrisFastM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #57
ChrisFastM3
Captain
 
ChrisFastM3's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 vert w/ LOTS of mods
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 676
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
Except for the whole thing regarding the age of the universe and stuff.
Read about the Gap Theory.....
ChrisFastM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2009, 07:25 AM   #58
HiHoAg
Major
 
HiHoAg's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 328i E93/ 2000 Dinan 328Ci
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Modagascar

Posts: 1,142
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFastM3 View Post
It's more of a mockumetary.....

Christianity is a faith
Islam is a faith
Hinduism is a faith
hell, even Scientology is a faith (all hail Xenu)
guess what atheism is, a faith....

If you want to "believe" (or have faith if you will) that we are here by complete accident from a giant explosion caused by 2 atoms crashing together that were traveling the speed of light, that were created by super strings that vibrated them into existence, by all means, please do so.

To me, I think God is a more logical explanation...

The fool says in his heart, “There is no God” -Psalm 14:1

A theory is a NON-PROVEN Concept.... So if you put your faith into a theory that there is no God, your religion is Atheism.

Remember though, a few years back we all knew the world was flat.... That was proven wrong. The Hadron Collider, when they finally get it working, may prove the big bang theory completely incorrect, though it may not...
Well put.

Nothing comes from nothing.

And then the atheist asks, "Well where did God come from? as he tries in vain to apply human chanartacteristics to a being so great and powerful that He could create the entire universe and everything in it. Our (humans) trying to grasp that is like explaining to a dog how we build cars or walked on the moon. The fact that they (dogs/atheists) can't grasp it doesn't mean that it doesn't/didn't happen.
__________________
Click HERE to follow Project Sapphire
HiHoAg is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2009, 08:18 AM   #59
HiHoAg
Major
 
HiHoAg's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 328i E93/ 2000 Dinan 328Ci
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Modagascar

Posts: 1,142
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFastM3 View Post
I never said it did. Read what you asked of me. I provided it. Now I ask of you to find info stating the opposite. Just don't hold your breath. It's widely known that Biblical records match up perfectly with what we have discovered in archeology.

Also, the 1st man I quoted is Jewish, has HUGE credentials, & is widely respected. He delivered the benediction at President John F. Kennedy's inauguration in 1961, discovered remains of the advanced Nabataean civilization, wrote many books with high acclaim, & received a PhD.

Yes, I believe in dinosaurs & I know where your getting with this. Even though you most likely don't know this, the Bible mentions dinosaurs & describes them a few times.

Read this:
http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/dinos.shtml

then hit me up & try to pop some holes in it.... I'll try my best to answer your questions. Just as long as we keep it calm, cool & collected, I think we can both learn a lot about each others beliefs.
Another good answer.

Although it is controversial as to whether the passages in the Book of Job are references to dinosaurs, they could be. More importantly, there is nothing in the Bible that refutes the existence of dinosaurs. It is the misinterpretation (but mostly ignorance) of the Bible by a select few that has caused them to deny the existence of dinosaurs. This makes everyone else look stupid, especially in a time when religion is under such close scrutiny (much of which is well-deserved, I am sad to admit).

Check out the threads in my sig. As Chris has said, science and religion can co-exist...and do in the minds of most thinking Christians. Anyone who denies the existence of dinosaurs is either misinformed or deceived. Those who hold to the young earth doctrine- that the earth is only 6000 years old- have not seen the possibilities of multiple creations, which are not contradicted by the Bible. In fact, Genesis 1 and 2 support this.

There will always be ignorance (lack of knowledge) among any group. Try not to cram all Christians into the sam bin. Sadly, most never read their Bible unless sitting in a pew...if then. They get their info from other MEN, who got theirs from other MEN, and so on. That's why we get entire congregations, sects and even denominations believing something that is NOT in the Bible. (Hey, many still believe that we become angels when we die. Why are the angels depicted during Christmas all female when, in fact, there has never been a female angel described in the Bible?)

Sadly, Christians deserve much of the criticism being leveled at them. So many have gone astray just as many Jews are so in name only. As Revelation says "You have left your first Love." But as the bumper sticker says "Christians are not perfect, just forgiven." That is the real message: We've all messed up big time but forgiveness is available...if you truly desire it.

Thinking that we don't need that is the greatest deception of all.
__________________
Click HERE to follow Project Sapphire
HiHoAg is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST