BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
VF Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-04-2009, 04:24 PM   #1
20/20
New Member
 
20/20's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

6NF Smartphone Problems

I have the 6FL and 6NF options on my 2009 M3 and the iphone 3G snap-in adapter, however i haven't been able to play music through the snap-in adapter. The phone charges and the antenna signal seems to improve when connected, however idrive doesn't recognize the iphone as being connected for music purposes, even when all other USB connections are free. Has anyone else had this issue with the 3G snap-in adapter, and if so what do I need to do to fix it?

thanks!
__________________
2009 SSII e90 M3: Black Novillo|DCT|ZTP|ZPP|ZCW|2MT|507|6FL|6NF|Moonroof

2014 Range Rover Sport
20/20 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
TwistaStick
Second Lieutenant
 
TwistaStick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 AW BMW E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wichita Falls, Texas

Posts: 296
iTrader: (0)

When you say USB connections are free, I hope you mean the ipod cable isn't plugged in. I think just having the cable plugged in makes the music not function on the smartphone integration. If you have everything unplugged, then I would try re-inserting the cradle and then re-connecting your iPhone before you turn on radio-readiness on the car. I've only had my music on my 2G iPhone not show up once. But once I re-connected the phone and started up the car everything worked fine.
TwistaStick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2009, 03:10 AM   #3
lincoln
Lieutenant
 
lincoln's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Melbourne Red Coupe - DCT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Seattle (Puyallup)

Posts: 433
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistaStick View Post
When you say USB connections are free, I hope you mean the ipod cable isn't plugged in. I think just having the cable plugged in makes the music not function on the smartphone integration. If you have everything unplugged, then I would try re-inserting the cradle and then re-connecting your iPhone before you turn on radio-readiness on the car. I've only had my music on my 2G iPhone not show up once. But once I re-connected the phone and started up the car everything worked fine.
Yeah, mine wasn't registering at first, but then it does work through the NAV now. The only problem (which happens on a lot of devices I use my 2G through) says that "this device is not compatible" and I click that I do NOT want my phone turned off.

Now the problem I'm running into is that I get that interference/static noise when I listen to my iphone. Are you running into this?
__________________
2009 Melbourne Red DCT | Black Interior | Carbon Fiber Trim | Carbon Fiber Roof | Cold Weather | Premium | Technology | 19's | Smartphone Integration | iPod |
lincoln is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #4
bmargolis
Second Lieutenant
 
bmargolis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central CT & Newport, RI

Posts: 201
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20/20 View Post
I have the 6FL and 6NF options on my 2009 M3 and the iphone 3G snap-in adapter, however i haven't been able to play music through the snap-in adapter. The phone charges and the antenna signal seems to improve when connected, however idrive doesn't recognize the iphone as being connected for music purposes, even when all other USB connections are free. Has anyone else had this issue with the 3G snap-in adapter, and if so what do I need to do to fix it?

thanks!
Interesting problem you are having. I also can't get either my iPod or my iPhone to play through music through iDrive, only throught the AUX port controlled by the iPod itself. I have not purchased a $175.00 cradle yet, and may never. I'd love to know if you can solve this as my problem sounds similar.
__________________
Bob ///Margolis

2013 335i xDrive 6-speed, AW, M Sport Line, Cold Weather, Dymanic Handling, Premium, Technology, 403M, Black Grills, Carbon Caps, Performance Exhaust
bmargolis is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2009, 02:09 AM   #5
JIO
Captain
 
Drives: '09 Space Gray E92 M3 w/DCT
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Eugene, Oregon

Posts: 627
iTrader: (0)

You might also check that you do infact have the 3G cradle. The old cradle would allow everything you have but not the music. I'd double check the cradle....and that the iPod cable is not connected. I had that problem first with the cable connected but without my iPod and the cradle wouldn't recognise the music until I pulled the cable out.
JIO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #6
PrinceSmooth
First Lieutenant
 
PrinceSmooth's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 X6 M
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 346
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW X6 M  [0.00]
I have the EXACT same problem, I just picked up my cradle yesterday... I'm gonna go sit in the car until I figure this out...
__________________
09' E92 M3 | IB |Black | Carbon Leather | 19" Option Wheels | DCT | Akrapovic Full Exhaust | Arkym Rear Diffuser | Arkym Front Bumper | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Intake | (Delivered 3/7/09)
RIP!!!! Miss you dearly
'12 X6 M Carbon Black / Akrapovic Evo / AR Design downpipes / ESS tune
PrinceSmooth is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
PrinceSmooth
First Lieutenant
 
PrinceSmooth's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 X6 M
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 346
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW X6 M  [0.00]
got it, just make sure the Y-cable - 6FL isn't plugged in before you power up the car... it should work fine thereafter
__________________
09' E92 M3 | IB |Black | Carbon Leather | 19" Option Wheels | DCT | Akrapovic Full Exhaust | Arkym Rear Diffuser | Arkym Front Bumper | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Intake | (Delivered 3/7/09)
RIP!!!! Miss you dearly
'12 X6 M Carbon Black / Akrapovic Evo / AR Design downpipes / ESS tune
PrinceSmooth is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #8
ColoCane
Second Lieutenant
 
ColoCane's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 278
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistaStick View Post
When you say USB connections are free, I hope you mean the ipod cable isn't plugged in. I think just having the cable plugged in makes the music not function on the smartphone integration. If you have everything unplugged, then I would try re-inserting the cradle and then re-connecting your iPhone before you turn on radio-readiness on the car. I've only had my music on my 2G iPhone not show up once. But once I re-connected the phone and started up the car everything worked fine.
TwistaStick has it, spot on. The Smartphone Integration prioritizes the USB for music, when the Y-Cable is plugged in the music function on the iPhone is blocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIO View Post
You might also check that you do infact have the 3G cradle. The old cradle would allow everything you have but not the music. I'd double check the cradle....and that the iPod cable is not connected. I had that problem first with the cable connected but without my iPod and the cradle wouldn't recognise the music until I pulled the cable out.
I had this issue. There are 2 3G cradles, one, non-smartphone integration (-38) and one, smartphone integration (-43). If you have smartphone integration (6NF) and use -38 cradle, you don't have music function. With -43, you get full functionality of your iPhone.
__________________
'09 E92 ///M3 | Jerez Black/Black Leather | Sycamore Anthracite | MDCT | Premium/Tech/Cold Weather Packages | 19" | Moonroof | Enhanced Premium Sound |iPod/USB | Smartphone

'97 E36 M3 Sedan Hellrot Red/Black; '03 E46 330Ci Met. Gray/Black; '06 E46 330Ci ZPF Imola Red/Saddle
ColoCane is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
6nf, smartphone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST