BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-11-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
markymarc1979
Colonel
 
markymarc1979's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 P TURBO + 12 750 + 09 E93
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario

Posts: 2,088
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Interior LEDS

Damm, the interior bulbs in the of the M3 are nothing like the bulbs of the 335. A completely different setup. Where did you guys get your interior LED's from?
markymarc1979 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2009, 11:40 PM   #2
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
 
SlammedR8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,936
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
www.bimian.com

Some say they arent bright enough,
I think they are great!
Not to mention, they are located in Oshawa.
__________________
SlammedR8 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #3
markymarc1979
Colonel
 
markymarc1979's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 P TURBO + 12 750 + 09 E93
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario

Posts: 2,088
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
www.bimian.com

Some say they arent bright enough,
I think they are great!
Not to mention, they are located in Oshawa.
I'll never buy another Bimmian product as long as I live. It's a long story.
markymarc1979 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2009, 09:06 AM   #4
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
 
SlammedR8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,936
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc1979 View Post
I'll never buy another Bimmian product as long as I live. It's a long story.
Your call..but there are a few other LED kits out there!
__________________
SlammedR8 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #5
markymarc1979
Colonel
 
markymarc1979's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 P TURBO + 12 750 + 09 E93
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario

Posts: 2,088
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
Your call..but there are a few other LED kits out there!
I can't figure out why they are so hard to make? On another note. Has anyone seen a DIY for installing the bulbs. The overhead lighting in the M3 is nothing like the 335.

I don't want to break anything.
markymarc1979 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
 
SlammedR8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,936
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc1979 View Post
I can't figure out why they are so hard to make? On another note. Has anyone seen a DIY for installing the bulbs. The overhead lighting in the M3 is nothing like the 335.

I don't want to break anything.
Just pull on it, it comes out with a little muscle!
__________________
SlammedR8 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2009, 01:02 PM   #7
markymarc1979
Colonel
 
markymarc1979's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 P TURBO + 12 750 + 09 E93
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario

Posts: 2,088
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
Just pull on it, it comes out with a little muscle!
Are there any clips? Do you have to slid a screwdriver in there?
markymarc1979 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #8
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
 
SlammedR8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,936
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc1979 View Post
Are there any clips? Do you have to slid a screwdriver in there?
its only clips...I used my bare hands and possibly a quarter (yes, a coin) and that looses it up just enough without scratching
__________________
SlammedR8 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2009, 01:40 PM   #9
markymarc1979
Colonel
 
markymarc1979's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 P TURBO + 12 750 + 09 E93
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario

Posts: 2,088
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
its only clips...I used my bare hands and possibly a quarter (yes, a coin) and that looses it up just enough without scratching
Sweet. I'm going to try it. I have some old bimmian LEDS sitting in my garage. I might as well try them. They didn't work on my 335. When I turned on my 335, they wouldn't turn on. You have no idea how frustrating that is. Maybe I'll have more luck in the M3.
markymarc1979 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2009, 02:01 PM   #10
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
 
SlammedR8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,936
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc1979 View Post
Sweet. I'm going to try it. I have some old bimmian LEDS sitting in my garage. I might as well try them. They didn't work on my 335. When I turned on my 335, they wouldn't turn on. You have no idea how frustrating that is. Maybe I'll have more luck in the M3.
I had the same problem, I had it fixed!
Its weird, in some cars they work, and in some they don't
Let me guess...the lights worked when you unlocked the car and opened the door, but when you turned the ignition to ON, they would turn off after about 10-20 seconds? correct?
__________________
SlammedR8 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST