BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #23
V1.47fan
Major
 
V1.47fan's Avatar
 
Drives: Bay M Vee
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NATIONWIDE

Posts: 1,134
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
Don't be a total jerk to Mod Bargains. I understand your whiny, bitchy world has been turned upside down by their inconsiderate treatment of you, O great princess. Too bad you weren't smart enough to find your spacers along with the rest of your Tirerack order. By the way, the best spacers come from Rogue Engineering, but I'm afraid they might put the tape on crooked on your shipping box and then you'd be in a tizzy again. Heaven forbid, we'd have to listen to another of your tirades.

Really, What were you thinking when you started this thread? Did you think we'd all come to your defense and bash MB along with you? Did you think we'd all think MB sucks because some princess told us so?
Hey! Genius.

How much better do you think Rogue Engineering wheel spacers are?
I wouldn't mind it if they put the tape crooked on the shipping box.hahaha
__________________
V1.47fan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #24
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,847
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Why didn't you get the spacers from The Tire Rack on the same order?
Ding, ding, ding... we have a winnah!!!
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #25
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
 
Radiation Joe's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Macungie PA

Posts: 2,749
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [4.25]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
I was expecting jerks like you to defend MB,find the spacers under M3 on the tire rack site and let me know.

It's not that hard to double check such a simple order before it's shipped out.Sorry unlike you I'm used to quality vendors like TC kline etc .
I've done business with TCKline, Ground-Control, Dinan, UCC, Bimmerworld, Rogue, Tire Rack and others. I've had various problems with many of them. I don't get on an internet forum and bash them. I get on the phone and work out the problems. I'll bet I've returned more stuff to TCK than you've ordered from them. TC just personally brought a car out from Ohio to California for me to use for a week. We get along fine.

I appologize for my drunk typing last night, but vendor or dealership bashing is one of my hot buttons. I've dealt with some of the worst in my years, but I've always found that my best chance for a reasonable remedy comes from calm logical negotiation. Everyone makes mistakes. How you handle those mistakes is an indicator of your character. Hope that helps.
__________________

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Radiation Joe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #26
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,367
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
I've done business with TCKline, Ground-Control, Dinan, UCC, Bimmerworld, Rogue, Tire Rack and others. I've had various problems with many of them. I don't get on an internet forum and bash them. I get on the phone and work out the problems. I'll bet I've returned more stuff to TCK than you've ordered from them. TC just personally brought a car out from Ohio to California for me to use for a week. We get along fine.

I appologize for my drunk typing last night, but vendor or dealership bashing is one of my hot buttons. I've dealt with some of the worst in my years, but I've always found that my best chance for a reasonable remedy comes from calm logical negotiation. Everyone makes mistakes. How you handle those mistakes is an indicator of your character. Hope that helps.
Well put, and I agree.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #27
V1.47fan
Major
 
V1.47fan's Avatar
 
Drives: Bay M Vee
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NATIONWIDE

Posts: 1,134
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
I've done business with TCKline, Ground-Control, Dinan, UCC, Bimmerworld, Rogue, Tire Rack and others. I've had various problems with many of them. I don't get on an internet forum and bash them. I get on the phone and work out the problems. I'll bet I've returned more stuff to TCK than you've ordered from them. TC just personally brought a car out from Ohio to California for me to use for a week. We get along fine.

I appologize for my drunk typing last night, but vendor or dealership bashing is one of my hot buttons. I've dealt with some of the worst in my years, but I've always found that my best chance for a reasonable remedy comes from calm logical negotiation. Everyone makes mistakes. How you handle those mistakes is an indicator of your character. Hope that helps.
Well talking about TCK,I've dealt with Pete a lot,I have nothing but praises for them same with Jegs,tire rack etc.

It wasn't so much the transit time,I thought they would've double checked what they were sending out.

It's just I set aside time for the new tires and spacers 2 weeks after I ordered em just to find out I was missing stuff and had the wrong spacers in the shop.

I didn't lose any sleep over it, I hoped the guys at MB would see this thread and maybe improve their service by having their guys double check the products going out.

I'm not very patient when it comes to my cars and mods and that's my fault this is the first time I've posted such a thread and it's because I held and hold MB to a higher standard.

Anyway,they promptly resolved the problem and I'd use them again.
__________________
V1.47fan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #28
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,367
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
Well talking about TCK,I've dealt with Pete a lot,I have nothing but praises for them same with Jegs,tire rack etc.

It wasn't so much the transit time,I thought they would've double checked what they were sending out.

It's just I set aside time for the new tires and spacers 2 weeks after I ordered em just to find out I was missing stuff and had the wrong spacers in the shop.

I didn't lose any sleep over it, I hoped the guys at MB would see this thread and maybe improve their service by having their guys double check the products going out.

I'm not very patient when it comes to my cars and mods and that's my fault this is the first time I've posted such a thread and it's because I held and hold MB to a higher standard.

Anyway,they promptly resolved the problem and I'd use them again.
Thank you. Next time, take a breath and call them in the morning before posting.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #29
V1.47fan
Major
 
V1.47fan's Avatar
 
Drives: Bay M Vee
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NATIONWIDE

Posts: 1,134
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Thank you. Next time, take a breath and call them in the morning before posting.
Thanks,I ll start running my business like in a third world country now.If our customers complain about us missing deadlines or sending them the wrong stuff. I'll just tell em that it's not the end of the world and to quit bitching about it,as long as i get it right,eventually.We all gonna die anyway so we don't need standards

I've just received my E36 upper spring hats from Pelican Parts,i'm glad they got it right the first time.
__________________
V1.47fan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2009, 01:44 PM   #30
V1.47fan
Major
 
V1.47fan's Avatar
 
Drives: Bay M Vee
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NATIONWIDE

Posts: 1,134
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Thank you. Next time, take a breath and call them in the morning before posting.
Thanks,I ll start running my business like in a third world country now.If our customers complain about us missing deadlines or sending them the wrong stuff. I'll just tell em that it's not the end of the world and to quit bitching about it,as long as i get it right,eventually.We all gonna die anyway so we don't need standards

I've just received my E36 upper spring hats from Pelican Parts,i'm glad they got it right the first time.
__________________
V1.47fan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #31
likestogofast
Old Fart
 
Drives: e92 M3 6MT... My Beater
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD

Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Who pissed in your cornflakes..? They do make meds to help you with anger management issues.
likestogofast is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #32
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
 
Radiation Joe's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Macungie PA

Posts: 2,749
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [4.25]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
Thanks,I ll start running my business like in a third world country now.If our customers complain about us missing deadlines or sending them the wrong stuff. I'll just tell em that it's not the end of the world and to quit bitching about it,as long as i get it right,eventually.We all gonna die anyway so we don't need standards

I've just received my E36 upper spring hats from Pelican Parts,i'm glad they got it right the first time.
When you learn how to post without making a mistake and posting twice, then you can complain about how your business is held to a higher standard. Why haven't you dropped this already?
__________________

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Radiation Joe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2009, 03:46 PM   #33
m3larson
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 Cayenne S 1997 M3 Track C
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tucson, AZ

Posts: 301
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Ding, ding, ding... we have a winnah!!!
Tire rack does not sell wheel spacers.
__________________
The Verdict: Every other manufacturer should give up on building their own cars and just make M3s instead. -Car and Driver June 2008
m3larson is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #34
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,367
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3larson View Post
Tire rack does not sell wheel spacers.
Uh, yes they do. They just don't carry a full line of all sizes and applications.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 06:11 AM   #35
V1.47fan
Major
 
V1.47fan's Avatar
 
Drives: Bay M Vee
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NATIONWIDE

Posts: 1,134
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
When you learn how to post without making a mistake and posting twice, then you can complain about how your business is held to a higher standard. Why haven't you dropped this already?

You're pathetic.Why don't you quit defending mediocrity already? And I did try to drop it,go back and look...that conciliatory tone (post#27) meant to Greg an opportunity to ridicule me.

Maybe Einstein couldn't tie his own shoes but that doesn't mean what he had to say wasn't valid. just an example of course not comparing myself to Einstein.

What a stupid argument to make,you don't know how to post therefore you can't complain.

The fact is I've never had this happened with the other vendors I've used and God forbid you make a thread about.
__________________
V1.47fan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #36
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
 
Radiation Joe's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Macungie PA

Posts: 2,749
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [4.25]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
You're pathetic.Why don't you quit defending mediocrity already? And I did try to drop it,go back and look...that conciliatory tone (post#27) meant to Greg an opportunity to ridicule me.

Maybe Einstein couldn't tie his own shoes but that doesn't mean what he had to say wasn't valid. just an example of course not comparing myself to Einstein.

What a stupid argument to make,you don't know how to post therefore you can't complain.

The fact is I've never had this happened with the other vendors I've used and God forbid you make a thread about.
What is ironic here is that even though you are a total jerk, most vendors including MB would probably try to give you good service if you ordered again. It's apparent that you would not extend the same courtesy. Clearly, your car qualifies for the "4 techs piss in the trunk" treatment. Please go away.
__________________

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Radiation Joe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #37
volinder
Lieutenant
 
Drives: bmw wannabe
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: calgary

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Its so funny how everyone is a bandwagon jumper on this forum. V1.47fan is absolutely correct. If a company can't get a simple order right, it shows the lack of organization and the lack of care on their part.

That being said, one retard here brings up people with cancer and others are so quick to jump on the same bandwagon.

I live up in Canada, and if my orders are wrong, its such a hassle to ship back, pay customs twice, yada yada yada...

I think this forum needs a reality check, and needs less pathetic idiots spending their time defending stupid companies that can't get a simple order right.
__________________
2008 E93 M3 6MT, White/Bamboo SOLD!!!
2011 F10 550i Sold
2012 750Li Sold
2013 M5 6 speed
volinder is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 10:23 AM   #38
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
 
Radiation Joe's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Macungie PA

Posts: 2,749
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [4.25]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by volinder View Post
Its so funny how everyone is a bandwagon jumper on this forum. V1.47fan is absolutely correct. If a company can't get a simple order right, it shows the lack of organization and the lack of care on their part.

That being said, one retard here brings up people with cancer and others are so quick to jump on the same bandwagon.

I live up in Canada, and if my orders are wrong, its such a hassle to ship back, pay customs twice, yada yada yada...

I think this forum needs a reality check, and needs less pathetic idiots spending their time defending stupid companies that can't get a simple order right.
I didn't read that MB consistently sends eroneous orders. I read of one minor mistake. Anyone who can't live with a single mistake occasionally, deserves the karma that will eventually come his way.

This thread is dead. Good bye.
__________________

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Radiation Joe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #39
TTBear
Lieutenant
 
TTBear's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 LP560-4, '06 Z4M, '12 X6M
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canada

Posts: 555
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volinder View Post
Its so funny how everyone is a bandwagon jumper on this forum. V1.47fan is absolutely correct. If a company can't get a simple order right, it shows the lack of organization and the lack of care on their part.

That being said, one retard here brings up people with cancer and others are so quick to jump on the same bandwagon.

I live up in Canada, and if my orders are wrong, its such a hassle to ship back, pay customs twice, yada yada yada...

I think this forum needs a reality check, and needs less pathetic idiots spending their time defending stupid companies that can't get a simple order right.
I felt the need to speak, seeing as I am the "retard" to whom was referrred.

Don't worry, volinder, I'll go slowly. I have a feeling we need to pitch to this guy underhand....

You are apparently unaware of the usage of "sarcasm". You might want to look this up on one of the many available internet search engines. I can send you links, if you require assistance.

Perhaps, just maybe, you might consider the fact that others did not "jump on the same bandwagon", but rather, wished to express their opinion, which is sort of what an internet discussion forum is all about, no? That their opinions contrased markedly to that of the OP, may not be an indication of jumping on any bandwagons, but rather, that the OP might have expressed himself a LITTLE strongly? To wit, the OP (that's original poster, BTW (that's by the way, by the way)), backed off to a certain degree, in subsequent posts.

I would try and explain to you the reasoning behind me posting my initial reply, but I have get the distinct feeling that the meaning would be lost. Simply, there is a broad spectrum of crap that one can encounter in life. An order that has been filled incorrectly, to me at least, is very much on the low end of that spectrum. It would appear that you share the opinion of the OP, in that you view this as a cataclysmic event, entailing that the vendor (or vendors) is labelled as "stupid". I should empathize with you wholeheartedly, should you ever encounter true hardship (which you may well have had the misfortune of having to deal with - again, I don't know, so I choose not to make assumptions).

I can quite confidently say that I am not a "retard", nor are any of the other posters "pathetic".

I would not even go so far as to say that you are as bad as the original poster. Not at all. I believe you have created a competely new category of ignorance, all to yourself, on an entirely different plane, altogether. This is just my opinion, of course. You are free to lambast me, or others, at will, with sound foundation or otherwise, which, in retrospect, is exactly what it would appear you have chosen to do.

BTW, I live in Canada, too - not that far away from you, actually. I HAVE had orders screwed up from the States, and from further away than that. As Schnell325 said - none of the vendors screws up on purpose.

Radiation Joe - well said. This thread should be closed.

Apologies to all, for my little tirade, here - it is not my wish to engage in ANY inflammatory diatribe. I don't appreciate being called a retard, and needed to vent a little.

Last edited by TTBear; 03-05-2009 at 11:19 AM.
TTBear is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 11:31 AM   #40
volinder
Lieutenant
 
Drives: bmw wannabe
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: calgary

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
I felt the need to speak, seeing as I am the "retard" to whom was referrred.

Don't worry, volinder, I'll go slowly. I have a feeling we need to pitch to this guy underhand....

You are apparently unaware of the usage of "sarcasm". You might want to look this up on one of the many available internet search engines. I can send you links, if you require assistance.

Perhaps, just maybe, you might consider the fact that others did not "jump on the same bandwagon", but rather, wished to express their opinion, which is sort of what an internet discussion forum is all about, no? That their opinions contrased markedly to that of the OP, may not be an indication of jumping on any bandwagons, but rather, that the OP might have expressed himself a LITTLE strongly? To wit, the OP (that's original poster, BTW (that's by the way, by the way)), backed off to a certain degree, in subsequent posts.

I would try and explain to you the reasoning behind me posting my initial reply, but I have get the distinct feeling that the meaning would be lost. Simply, there is a broad spectrum of crap that one can encounter in life. An order that has been filled incorrectly, to me at least, is very much on the low end of that spectrum. It would appear that you share the opinion of the OP, in that you view this as a cataclysmic event, entailing that the vendor (or vendors) is labelled as "stupid". I should empathize with you wholeheartedly, should you ever encounter true hardship (which you may well have had the misfortune of having to deal with - again, I don't know, so I choose not to make assumptions).

I can quite confidently say that I am not a "retard", nor are any of the other posters "pathetic".

I would not even go so far as to say that you are as bad as the original poster. Not at all. I believe you have created a competely new category of ignorance, all to yourself, on an entirely different plane, altogether. This is just my opinion, of course. You are free to lambast me, or others, at will, with sound foundation or otherwise, which, in retrospect, is exactly what it would appear you have chosen to do.

BTW, I live in Canada, too - not that far away from you, actually. I HAVE had orders screwed up from the States, and from further away than that. As Schnell325 said - none of the vendors screws up on purpose.

Radiation Joe - well said. This thread should be closed.

Apologies to all, for my little tirade, here - it is not my wish to engage in ANY inflammatory diatribe. I don't appreciate being called a retard, and needed to vent a little.
LOL,

Nice post. I do agree, put this to bed, as this if obviously going south. I don't even care to respond because frankly you have a little to much time on your hands to put such a well worded response together. Quite frankly, I'm sure even if I did respond, your vocabulary is quite vast and would likely result in me losing in the "battle of words". I'm a science guy, not an language arts guy. But, seriously, props for the post

volinder out....
__________________
2008 E93 M3 6MT, White/Bamboo SOLD!!!
2011 F10 550i Sold
2012 750Li Sold
2013 M5 6 speed
volinder is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #41
FStop7
I like cars
 
FStop7's Avatar
 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Posts: 5,059
iTrader: (3)

worst thread in history of internet
__________________
FStop7 is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 04:25 PM   #42
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
 
gthirtyfizle's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 AW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC

Posts: 2,584
iTrader: (4)

All u guys fail!
gthirtyfizle is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST