BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Asia
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-13-2009, 09:06 PM   #133
Alvinlun
1
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92M3 and Z33
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: HK

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanta View Post
I am a new guy in this forum.
I have a M3 E92 in Canada.
My M3's I-Drive cannot display Chinese Song.
Will HK's M3's I-Drive display Chinese Characters?
yes it can display chinese characters, and welcome!
Alvinlun is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2009, 09:25 AM   #134
hankit
2
Second Lieutenant
 
hankit's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 279
iTrader: (0)

I think most HKG BMW has chinese interface as well, so it has all the unicodes to support chinese characters...

My Gps shows perfect Chinese characters map, so i think that pretty much explains it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanta View Post
I am a new guy in this forum.
I have a M3 E92 in Canada.
My M3's I-Drive cannot display Chinese Song.
Will HK's M3's I-Drive display Chinese Characters?
__________________

LET ME SHIFT *CLICK CLICK*
hankit is offline   Hong Kong
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2009, 06:09 PM   #135
Fanta
5
C
 
Fanta's Avatar
 
Drives: 740iL, M3, Carrera & C320
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 575
iTrader: (1)

M3 display chinese characters

Many E92 M3 owners in North America request for unicodes I-Drive to support chinese characters. BMW Canada said that M3 doesn't support unicode; only support English, French, Spanish. For those who have any mp3 device with Chinese songs, it will display garbage. Does anyone know the Navigation speak in Cantonese?
Is it possible that anyone can provide us a photo with I-Drive display in Chinese as a proof, we can request BMW Canada for memory flash upgrade. We don't mind to pay BMW Canada for flashing. Well I don't mind to flash my M3 in HK version.
Fanta is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #136
Fanta
5
C
 
Fanta's Avatar
 
Drives: 740iL, M3, Carrera & C320
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 575
iTrader: (1)

Interior Trim

Anyone know what are difference between Vorsteiner and BMW performance Carbon Fibre Interior Trim?

Fanta is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2009, 08:17 PM   #137
Alvinlun
1
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92M3 and Z33
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: HK

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanta View Post
Many E92 M3 owners in North America request for unicodes I-Drive to support chinese characters. BMW Canada said that M3 doesn't support unicode; only support English, French, Spanish. For those who have any mp3 device with Chinese songs, it will display garbage. Does anyone know the Navigation speak in Cantonese?
Is it possible that anyone can provide us a photo with I-Drive display in Chinese as a proof, we can request BMW Canada for memory flash upgrade. We don't mind to pay BMW Canada for flashing. Well I don't mind to flash my M3 in HK version.
yes, the Navigation also speak in cantonese, i will try to post the photo within these few days for you.
Alvinlun is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2009, 11:48 PM   #138
hankit
2
Second Lieutenant
 
hankit's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 279
iTrader: (0)

Seriously they are no major difference, only Vorsteiner set is mainly for M3 that has the center piece that goes around the shifter with three button switch cut out...

The original BMW is mainly for e92 including center pieces that's not for M3...so you can still buy them...but you have to skip the center piece..i think it will be a nightmare if you're planning to cute the hole out for the switches..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanta View Post
Anyone know what are difference between Vorsteiner and BMW performance Carbon Fibre Interior Trim?

__________________

LET ME SHIFT *CLICK CLICK*
hankit is offline   Hong Kong
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2009, 10:22 AM   #139
Fanta
5
C
 
Fanta's Avatar
 
Drives: 740iL, M3, Carrera & C320
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 575
iTrader: (1)

Unicode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinlun View Post
yes, the Navigation also speak in cantonese, i will try to post the photo within these few days for you.
Thank you!
Fanta is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #140
Fanta
5
C
 
Fanta's Avatar
 
Drives: 740iL, M3, Carrera & C320
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 575
iTrader: (1)

Interior Trim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankit View Post
Seriously they are no major difference, only Vorsteiner set is mainly for M3 that has the center piece that goes around the shifter with three button switch cut out...

The original BMW is mainly for e92 including center pieces that's not for M3...so you can still buy them...but you have to skip the center piece..i think it will be a nightmare if you're planning to cute the hole out for the switches..
How is the quality of Vorsteiner's carbon fibre interior trim?
Can Vorsteiner cf interior trim compare with BMW performance quality?
Fanta is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #141
Fanta
5
C
 
Fanta's Avatar
 
Drives: 740iL, M3, Carrera & C320
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 575
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinlun View Post
yes, the Navigation also speak in cantonese, i will try to post the photo within these few days for you.
I really hope that I can see your I-Drive's photos.
Fanta is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #142
Alvinlun
1
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92M3 and Z33
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: HK

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanta View Post
I really hope that I can see your I-Drive's photos.
yes sorry, i will get my car back by TMR, so hopefully i can post the photo tmr~~~
Alvinlun is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2009, 01:23 AM   #143
hankit
2
Second Lieutenant
 
hankit's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 279
iTrader: (0)

Alvinlun...what happen to your car? is it going service or installing new stuff??

I got my car down to install 3d rep lip, and VRS Type II diffuser...

I still haven't figure out the stupid wheel installation yet...sighhh
__________________

LET ME SHIFT *CLICK CLICK*
hankit is offline   Hong Kong
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #144
Alvinlun
1
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92M3 and Z33
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: HK

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankit View Post
Alvinlun...what happen to your car? is it going service or installing new stuff??

I got my car down to install 3d rep lip, and VRS Type II diffuser...

I still haven't figure out the stupid wheel installation yet...sighhh
na.....just took my for the wheel changes again, as the spacer isn't 100% tight fit. sighh.....

So where did you order your 3d rep lip and the diffuser? i am very interested about it....oh yes...how much is it...if you dun mind telling me. on the other hand i might ask Top max to make me the replica, as it is lot cheaper.

Also i how much did you bought the Performance wheel, i checked with BMW they said 15500 include installment for manual only. i wounder if it would be cheaper if i order oversea and let them install for me.

for the future Mod list will be:

Pully, Sport Cat, X-pipe, and ECU (for this one, i am still searching any available in HK).
Alvinlun is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2009, 11:18 PM   #145
cclboss
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW M3 E90 Alpine White
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 31
iTrader: (0)

Anyone know if there is a distributor for Vorsteiner Exhaust for the E90 M3 here in HK? I installed the AA Exhaust but don't really like the low bass sound and prefer something higher pitch. Does anyone have other types of exhaust installed on the E9x M3 care to share their experience? Thanks.
cclboss is offline   Hong Kong
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2009, 01:25 AM   #146
hankit
2
Second Lieutenant
 
hankit's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 279
iTrader: (0)

Oh..What wheels are you running now??

Well, I got it real cheaper when the before euro went up...I got mine for 1000 USD shipped next day to US address and hand carry back...

3D rep lips...i got it around 8xx USD shipped to Hong Kong...i try to get it from taiwan..but they cost about the same and the seller (JL Motoring) is pretty realiable..so I went from there...

If you going to copy it, you really need to have someone with a real lip to do so...which I don't think anyone here has the real thing in Hong Kong as I know off....plus I think TOP MAX use 2 x 2 CF right? (I rarely see people use 1 x 1 here in HKG) Coz my rep is 1 x 1 CF..

Plans are going to be Ericsson Trunk, Xenon interior's (Jlevis isn't working too good for me, I'm might be selling them out)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinlun View Post
na.....just took my for the wheel changes again, as the spacer isn't 100% tight fit. sighh.....

So where did you order your 3d rep lip and the diffuser? i am very interested about it....oh yes...how much is it...if you dun mind telling me. on the other hand i might ask Top max to make me the replica, as it is lot cheaper.

Also i how much did you bought the Performance wheel, i checked with BMW they said 15500 include installment for manual only. i wounder if it would be cheaper if i order oversea and let them install for me.

for the future Mod list will be:

Pully, Sport Cat, X-pipe, and ECU (for this one, i am still searching any available in HK).
__________________

LET ME SHIFT *CLICK CLICK*
hankit is offline   Hong Kong
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2009, 01:26 AM   #147
hankit
2
Second Lieutenant
 
hankit's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 279
iTrader: (0)

Nobody in HK carries VRS....you really should check out seller's here..


Quote:
Originally Posted by cclboss View Post
Anyone know if there is a distributor for Vorsteiner Exhaust for the E90 M3 here in HK? I installed the AA Exhaust but don't really like the low bass sound and prefer something higher pitch. Does anyone have other types of exhaust installed on the E9x M3 care to share their experience? Thanks.
__________________

LET ME SHIFT *CLICK CLICK*
hankit is offline   Hong Kong
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2009, 02:49 AM   #148
Alvinlun
1
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92M3 and Z33
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: HK

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

It is Wed sport i order.....but i dun really like it now..........i should get a wheel with the right offset....
Alvinlun is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2009, 07:37 PM   #149
2002E46m3
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2002 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Boston

Posts: 41
iTrader: (1)

hello HK'ers, i will be in HK starting 4/20 for 3 weeks. I wanted to see if you could refer any BMW tuning shops there that I could visit, or if anyone is selling a good set of wheels while there. i might just bring them back with me. let me know. thanks.
2002E46m3 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #150
cclboss
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW M3 E90 Alpine White
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 31
iTrader: (0)

I have a pretty new AA Exhaust (a few months) and would like to sell to anyone here in Hong Kong. It's a little too loud for me so if anyone is interested, please PM me. Thanks.
cclboss is offline   Hong Kong
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #151
stephen283
0
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 328xi
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boston

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 GSXR1000  [0.00]
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Hi not sure if I should be posting here since I don't even own an M3 + I'm not back in HK yet but I am planning to order an M3 when I go back to HK in Aug. Reading the thread makes me want to go back sooner and get an M3 to join you guys.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good autoshops in HK that is willing to install some parts (ssk, springs, exhaust, intake, rims) that I'm planning to ship back to HK along with my other belongings. It'd be even better if they do sell brake kits and sway bars (maybe I'll buy them here and ship it back too). I just feel that the autoshops in HK aren't friendly and they look down on you, so I am undecided whether should I buy all these parts and ship it home.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
stephen283 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #152
roller
1
Private First Class
 
roller's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OC, CA

Posts: 164
iTrader: (0)

Where do you drive the M3 in HK? Lap the island?
roller is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2009, 04:00 AM   #153
simonlam168
2
Second Lieutenant
 
simonlam168's Avatar
 
Drives: E93-M3 F10-M5
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 253
iTrader: (1)

Hi i am from Hong Kong too. I just got the E93 M3. Anyone has experience with getting DSC DBC error code after installation of Performance steering wheel?

Any solution?

.....Problem FIXED

Last edited by simonlam168; 09-25-2009 at 06:32 AM.
simonlam168 is offline   Hong Kong
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #154
hankit
2
Second Lieutenant
 
hankit's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 279
iTrader: (0)

Where did you get the steering wheel install?? I need some big help as I have my wheel long long time...and no one help me get it done

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonlam168 View Post
Hi i am from Hong Kong too. I just got the E93 M3. Anyone has experience with getting DSC DBC error code after installation of Performance steering wheel?

Any solution?

.....Problem FIXED

BTW, I have an encore innovation HFC with X-pipe. Only 100km of used, Just like new. I am selling it because it's too loud with Meisterschaft GT2 exhaust. pm me if interested.

.......SOLD
__________________

LET ME SHIFT *CLICK CLICK*
hankit is offline   Hong Kong
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST