BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-08-2008, 12:12 PM   #1
dpmtl
New Member
 
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0 si
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

M3 ED

Has anyone done the Canadian version of the ED with an M3 recently?

How did it go, any suggestions about things to watch of for?
dpmtl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #2
sparkyg
Brigadier General
 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

Posts: 3,493
iTrader: (5)

The Cdn ED is a joke.

I looked at it and thought wtf, are they serious.

I am not sure anyone has done it. It costs more than the std car, you gotta buy the car cash and BMWCA charges you for shipping.

Worst ED deal in history. The US deal is killer, our sucks balls.

GL but better to buy an '08 and save a mega ton of $$$.
sparkyg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2008, 05:36 PM   #3
cipher5
 
cipher5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535xi Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 2,783
iTrader: (10)

In the US there is no discount on M models for ED.
cipher5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #4
dpmtl
New Member
 
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0 si
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

I am only looking for 2010...planning a European vacation at the same time...is there anyway to buy through a US dealership and just drive it back to Canada? I understand it will need to be cleared at customs and certain mods need to be done...but CAN it be done?
dpmtl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #5
revmmm
Captain
 
revmmm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E93 M3 Cab SSII
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 835
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 X5 4.8i  [0.00]
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
Yes - I am pretty sure it can be done - the M cars are still made in Germany. My CA said it was possible when I asked, but I would not expect a large discount. My suggestion would be to go with a dealer with the largest M allocation and someone that has done ED before. Also, make sure it is on any paperwork before you sign / make a deposit.
__________________


2008 E93 M3 - SSII, 6MT, 19", EDC,...
revmmm is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2008, 04:18 PM   #6
dpmtl
New Member
 
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0 si
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmmm View Post
Yes - I am pretty sure it can be done - the M cars are still made in Germany. My CA said it was possible when I asked, but I would not expect a large discount. My suggestion would be to go with a dealer with the largest M allocation and someone that has done ED before. Also, make sure it is on any paperwork before you sign / make a deposit.
Sorry which post are you replying to...my first one about the CDN ED or the second one about doing it via a US dealer? How would I find out abobut the dealers that have a large allocation?? Who is your dealer, I am going to be a the Autoshow in TO in Feb, maybe I can have a chat with him.

I am not really doing it for the large discount...just want to drive it on the Autobahn!!
dpmtl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2008, 06:10 PM   #7
sparkyg
Brigadier General
 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

Posts: 3,493
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmtl View Post
I am only looking for 2010...planning a European vacation at the same time...is there anyway to buy through a US dealership and just drive it back to Canada? I understand it will need to be cleared at customs and certain mods need to be done...but CAN it be done?
No, they need a US address and Passport.

If you are Cdn you are screwed, sorry.

If the money doesn't matter just do it through a Cdn dealership and take your Cdn lumps on the price.
sparkyg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #8
revmmm
Captain
 
revmmm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E93 M3 Cab SSII
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 835
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 X5 4.8i  [0.00]
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmtl View Post
Sorry which post are you replying to...my first one about the CDN ED or the second one about doing it via a US dealer? How would I find out abobut the dealers that have a large allocation?? Who is your dealer, I am going to be a the Autoshow in TO in Feb, maybe I can have a chat with him.

I am not really doing it for the large discount...just want to drive it on the Autobahn!!
I was referring to the fact that ED is possible from a Canadian dealer. I used Budds in Oakville, and my SA said that ED was available. I had put my name on a list for a E93 M3 in Feb of 2007 and he was really good in keeping me up to date on the car as it was being launched and built. Budds has a good M allocation, and I was able to get one of the first allocated builds in Canada - Took delivery in June this year. I looked into ED, but if I took ED I would have waited a 6 - 10 weeks to have the car shipped over after I took delivery, so I wouldn't have had it for the summer. While I wanted ED, I knew I couldn't go without the car for the summer. I also did a trade in, so living without a car would have been tough, but I am sure I could have figured something out.


I have bought a couple cars from Budds and I am very happy with the way I was treated. If you want, send me a PM and I will send you my SA details.

Also, I am sure that you are aware that you can rent high-end cars in Germany. I know that it is not the same as driving your own, and some of the ED stories on this forum are priceless, but I would at least consider it as an option. If you take ED, consider Stelvio pass in Italy - Definitely on my list.
Attached Images
   
__________________


2008 E93 M3 - SSII, 6MT, 19", EDC,...
revmmm is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2008, 11:25 AM   #9
dpmtl
New Member
 
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0 si
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

WOW amazing pics. I am sure they filmed a scene in a James Bond movie there!
dpmtl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-11-2008, 08:36 AM   #10
sparkyg
Brigadier General
 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

Posts: 3,493
iTrader: (5)

Top Gear did a show there, amazing

I think I'd love to ride my bike there too
sparkyg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2009, 01:49 PM   #11
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
 
M3 vert's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...

Posts: 1,793
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmmm View Post
I was referring to the fact that ED is possible from a Canadian dealer. I used Budds in Oakville, and my SA said that ED was available. I had put my name on a list for a E93 M3 in Feb of 2007 and he was really good in keeping me up to date on the car as it was being launched and built. Budds has a good M allocation, and I was able to get one of the first allocated builds in Canada - Took delivery in June this year. I looked into ED, but if I took ED I would have waited a 6 - 10 weeks to have the car shipped over after I took delivery, so I wouldn't have had it for the summer. While I wanted ED, I knew I couldn't go without the car for the summer. I also did a trade in, so living without a car would have been tough, but I am sure I could have figured something out.


I have bought a couple cars from Budds and I am very happy with the way I was treated. If you want, send me a PM and I will send you my SA details.

Also, I am sure that you are aware that you can rent high-end cars in Germany. I know that it is not the same as driving your own, and some of the ED stories on this forum are priceless, but I would at least consider it as an option. If you take ED, consider Stelvio pass in Italy - Definitely on my list.
The Stelvio Pass in Italy is just spectacular...i mean imagine driving your brand new M3 with the top down through those curves

top gear did the maserati quattroporte test on a similar track with james may as the driver.
M3 vert is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST