BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #23
TwistaStick
Second Lieutenant
TwistaStick's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
296
Posts

Drives: 2009 AW BMW E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wichita Falls, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
In case someone has the iPhone (2G) and 6NF this is the right part number:
84 21 9 164 213


Best regards, south
I think you made a typo. The correct part number for the iPhone 2G cradle that supports 6NF is 84 10 9 164 213.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 12:44 AM   #24
apw2607
Major
51
Rep
1,444
Posts

Drives: 2009 X5 35d
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Seattle, WA, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistaStick View Post
I think you made a typo. The correct part number for the iPhone 2G cradle that supports 6NF is 84 10 9 164 213.
Yep. You're right !
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 06:14 AM   #25
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
695
Rep
6,747
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistaStick View Post
I think you made a typo. The correct part number for the iPhone 2G cradle that supports 6NF is 84 10 9 164 213.
Not sure, the PN I posted is valid for Germany. All 6NF smartphone cradles start with "84 21". Maybe US part numbers are differing here.


Best regards, south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 07:48 AM   #26
jump23
Enlisted Member
United_States
0
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: 09 DCT M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Roswell GA

iTrader: (0)

installation..

Is there any installation or re-programming required for the 3G snap-in adapter.

I was under the impression that, as the name implies, you just snap it in and you're good to go. But my CA is telling me that I need to leave the car so that they can install it.

Is that true or can I just tell him that I'll pick it up and leave it at that?

P.S. The car has smart-phone integration option

Last edited by jump23; 02-24-2009 at 07:50 AM. Reason: adding info
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #27
apw2607
Major
51
Rep
1,444
Posts

Drives: 2009 X5 35d
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Seattle, WA, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump23 View Post
Is there any installation or re-programming required for the 3G snap-in adapter.

I was under the impression that, as the name implies, you just snap it in and you're good to go. But my CA is telling me that I need to leave the car so that they can install it.

Is that true or can I just tell him that I'll pick it up and leave it at that?

P.S. The car has smart-phone integration option
Snap in and ready to go. Takes 2 seconds ....

Hes probably getting confused with pre-6NF cars. Those cars required a base plate.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 12:23 PM   #28
jump23
Enlisted Member
United_States
0
Rep
41
Posts

Drives: 09 DCT M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Roswell GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
Snap in and ready to go. Takes 2 seconds ....

Hes probably getting confused with pre-6NF cars. Those cars required a base plate.
Okay, thanks. That's what I thought...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST