BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

GT Haus

02-17-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
Tebow

Drives: N/A

Just sold my old car...

...and the money is burning a hole in my pocket...

I have a Space Gray E92 w/ Fox Red and tint. I think I'm opting for clear reflectors. My only question is the grills (I plan on buying the matte black ones) and wanted to get people's opinions. Yes, I know it is a matter of personal preference, however I'm asking anyways:

A. Paint the side gill and the outer part of the kidney grills gloss black to match the shadowline trim (leaving the slats of the kidneys matte)

or

B. Paint the side gill gloss black and the outer part of the kidneys Space Gray (leaving the slats on the kidneys matte)
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 08:39 PM   #2
Space Ghost
Captain
United_States

Drives: E92 M3

I ordered my kidneys from IND painted space with flat black slats. They are going to look awesome on the car. Waiting for spring.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
Jso
Private

Drives: e92 M3

i'd go with option A. gloss black side/front. if you want to see what matte black front/sides look like, shoot me a pm. i'm local but my cars aw.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
Space Ghost
Captain
United_States

Drives: E92 M3

Picture
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #5
Cab5er
Colonel
China

Drives: 09 E90 M3 & 07 TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebow View Post
...and the money is burning a hole in my pocket...

I have a Space Gray E92 w/ Fox Red and tint. I think I'm opting for clear reflectors. My only question is the grills (I plan on buying the matte black ones) and wanted to get people's opinions. Yes, I know it is a matter of personal preference, however I'm asking anyways:

A. Paint the side gill and the outer part of the kidney grills gloss black to match the shadowline trim (leaving the slats of the kidneys matte)

or

B. Paint the side gill gloss black and the outer part of the kidneys Space Gray (leaving the slats on the kidneys matte)
Depends on how you are going to proceed with your future mods imo. But both choices are nice. For space grey, I'd go with B

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0