BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-17-2006, 02:16 AM   #45
N1
Second Lieutenant
N1's Avatar
3
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 320d M
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

The AUDI its all in SILVER. The sheik
Shaikh, also rendered as Sheik, Shaykh or Sheikh (Arabic: شيخ), is a word in the Arabic language meaning elder of a tribe, lord, revered old man, or Islamic scholar. A daughter or wife of a Sheikh (lord) is sometimes called Sheikhah (Arabic: شيخة).

The term literally means a man of old age, and is used in that sense in Qur'anic Arabic. Later it came to be a title meaning leader, elder or noble, especially in the Arabian Peninsula, where shaikh became a traditional title of a Bedouin tribal leader in recent centuries.

The title is not only used by Muslims; it is also used by Arab Christians for elder men of stature, showing that it is independent of religion. Its usage and meaning is similiar to the latin senex meaning old man, from which the English "senator" is derived. It is also used to refer to scholars of various Islamic sciences such as faqihs, muftis, and muhaddiths.

In Sufism tariqah (orders), it is an honorific for an elder sufi who has been authorized by the order to teach, initiate and guide aspiring dervishes. For more details please read Shaykh of Sufism.

In the Persian Gulf, the title is used for men of stature, whether they are managers in high posts, wealthy business owners, or local rule.
doesnt know what to do with the money he has!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2006, 03:21 AM   #46
BMW320i
Colonel
BMW320i's Avatar
Oman
46
Rep
2,915
Posts

 
Drives: '06 AW 320i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Muscat, Oman

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 320i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to BMW320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1
The AUDI its all in SILVER. The sheik
Shaikh, also rendered as Sheik, Shaykh or Sheikh (Arabic: شيخ), is a word in the Arabic language meaning elder of a tribe, lord, revered old man, or Islamic scholar. A daughter or wife of a Sheikh (lord) is sometimes called Sheikhah (Arabic: شيخة).

The term literally means a man of old age, and is used in that sense in Qur'anic Arabic. Later it came to be a title meaning leader, elder or noble, especially in the Arabian Peninsula, where shaikh became a traditional title of a Bedouin tribal leader in recent centuries.

The title is not only used by Muslims; it is also used by Arab Christians for elder men of stature, showing that it is independent of religion. Its usage and meaning is similiar to the latin senex meaning old man, from which the English "senator" is derived. It is also used to refer to scholars of various Islamic sciences such as faqihs, muftis, and muhaddiths.

In Sufism tariqah (orders), it is an honorific for an elder sufi who has been authorized by the order to teach, initiate and guide aspiring dervishes. For more details please read Shaykh of Sufism.

In the Persian Gulf, the title is used for men of stature, whether they are managers in high posts, wealthy business owners, or local rule.
doesnt know what to do with the money he has!
WOW!!
u kinda started a thread of a single post!! that's one of the biggest off-topic posts iv seen

yah what u wrote is true, but i think its hard for western people 2 understand all of it, unless ur famillier with the arabic traditions

to be very precise, each country has people who are related to the king, prince, president or sultan, even from a far side, cuz there are thousands in some countres (specially arab countries)...

here in Oman we call them the royal family, or the ruling family, but there in UAE, they call them shiekhs...

so there's a difference between Oman shiekhs and UAE shiekhs
__________________

19" velocity CSL replicas staggured // Continental sport contact 2: rear: 255/35/19, Front: 235/35/19 // Blacklines // rear OEM spoiler // y-connector // 30% v-kool tint all around // Black Roof/Mirrors // H&R Sport springs // H&R TRAK+ 15mm spacers //
BMW never makes ordinary cars . . .
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2006, 04:24 PM   #47
N1
Second Lieutenant
N1's Avatar
3
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 320d M
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW320i
WOW!!
u kinda started a thread of a single post!! that's one of the biggest off-topic posts iv seen

yah what u wrote is true, but i think its hard for western people 2 understand all of it, unless ur famillier with the arabic traditions

to be very precise, each country has people who are related to the king, prince, president or sultan, even from a far side, cuz there are thousands in some countres (specially arab countries)...

here in Oman we call them the royal family, or the ruling family, but there in UAE, they call them shiekhs...

so there's a difference between Oman shiekhs and UAE shiekhs
but you have monarchy as the system and you have shiekhs and the others are what ? that people related to the king has silver cars and the majority his poor. The ayatollahs gather that people to strike the west. Its off topic because you have probably the best hotel but in the worst scene of poverty, so i wouldnt go there even if they pay me the tour.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2006, 09:32 PM   #48
SamK
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
25
Posts

 
Drives: '03 Jetta n '07 335i coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to SamK Send a message via Yahoo to SamK
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno
any "W" Hotel....just recently came back from the "W" in Mexico City...ULTRA-MODERN!!!

I always love a W. Had a great few nights at the W in San Francisco recently.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2006, 07:39 AM   #49
andrew 330i
it can never be too clean...
andrew 330i's Avatar
38
Rep
1,026
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 F31 M Sport Wagon
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: columbus, ohio

iTrader: (1)

the "one & only" bahamas... paradise island.
__________________
'14 328xi wagon / m sport / white / red leather

kw v1 coilover kit / 13mm spacers (f & r) / upper strut bar / sport line grille & exhaust tips / 50% tint / painted reflectors / debadged / complete clear bra
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2006, 08:04 AM   #50
graeme320d
Ecosse!
graeme320d's Avatar
France
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: E91 320d
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Marseille

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1991 E30 M3  [0.00]
2006 E91 320d  [0.00]
Columbus Hotel, Monaco - part owned by David Couthard. Last time is stayed (3 weeks ago) DC was in the bar
__________________
'06 E91: Sapphire Black / Pack Luxe / Dakota Beige / Burr Walnut / iDrive Navigation Professional / Twin Tracker / PDC
'06 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 / ABS / Aero Screen / Colour Matched Mirrors / Heated Grips
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2006, 08:34 AM   #51
enwhykiid
Captain
enwhykiid's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
822
Posts

 
Drives: '06 titanium 330XI
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws
I was there 2 years ago just before Ramadan. I had to fight my way through the airport b/c it was full of Indians heading home for vacation.
good to see a fellow muslim e90er
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2006, 10:46 AM   #52
BMW320i
Colonel
BMW320i's Avatar
Oman
46
Rep
2,915
Posts

 
Drives: '06 AW 320i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Muscat, Oman

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 320i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to BMW320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1
but you have monarchy as the system and you have shiekhs and the others are what ? that people related to the king has silver cars and the majority his poor. The ayatollahs gather that people to strike the west. Its off topic because you have probably the best hotel but in the worst scene of poverty, so i wouldnt go there even if they pay me the tour.
ok, so the flaming starts here or what?? did i offend u when i said that ur post is off-topic???

i didnt understand ur reply 100%...

part of what u said is true, yah the people related to the king are rich (isnt that the case in most countries???)

and who says that we have the best hotel in the worse scene of poverty?? UAE has mostly people in good conditions...

and what does this have 2 do with ayatollah??!!
__________________

19" velocity CSL replicas staggured // Continental sport contact 2: rear: 255/35/19, Front: 235/35/19 // Blacklines // rear OEM spoiler // y-connector // 30% v-kool tint all around // Black Roof/Mirrors // H&R Sport springs // H&R TRAK+ 15mm spacers //
BMW never makes ordinary cars . . .
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2006, 11:23 AM   #53
N1
Second Lieutenant
N1's Avatar
3
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 320d M
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

no that isnt the case in west, uae has the richest but you have the worst poverty in arab world and ayatollahs are religious sheiks that control countries against the west. The best arab hotel only to show the theory and practice of islamic world against west. THE END
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2006, 11:51 AM   #54
KL2DC
Moderator
KL2DC's Avatar
United_States
196
Rep
17,753
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
I stayed at the St. Regis in New york last year, thought it was decent travel lodgings I had a memorable stay...

I must say that the Willard Intercontinental here in DC is a 1st class operation, as well. Wonderful service...
Attached Images
  
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2006, 01:03 PM   #55
FrankyV
FrankyV
Belgium
0
Rep
24
Posts

 
Drives: E46 Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Wink

Hotel Costa Meloneras in Gran-Canaria
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2006, 01:39 PM   #56
BMW320i
Colonel
BMW320i's Avatar
Oman
46
Rep
2,915
Posts

 
Drives: '06 AW 320i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Muscat, Oman

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 320i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to BMW320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1
no that isnt the case in west, uae has the richest but you have the worst poverty in arab world and ayatollahs are religious sheiks that control countries against the west. The best arab hotel only to show the theory and practice of islamic world against west. THE END
no, u dont talk about arabs and say "THE END", u dont know UAE like i do, and it doesnt have that big percentage of poor people..

and dont tell me that the kings families in europe are poor people...

and i still cant understand what's the relation of the hotel and the islamic practice against the west...
(mind u, Burj Al Arab hotel has a big cross in its design, so i dont think it can b an example of the islamic practice against the west...)
__________________

19" velocity CSL replicas staggured // Continental sport contact 2: rear: 255/35/19, Front: 235/35/19 // Blacklines // rear OEM spoiler // y-connector // 30% v-kool tint all around // Black Roof/Mirrors // H&R Sport springs // H&R TRAK+ 15mm spacers //
BMW never makes ordinary cars . . .
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2006, 01:54 PM   #57
Jaws
Lieutenant Colonel
Jaws's Avatar
Canada
21
Rep
1,736
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i mt
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enwhykiid
good to see a fellow muslim e90er
Not Muslim. I just happend to be in Muscat and I know when Ramadan is.
__________________
2006 325i - Sparkling Graphite
2000 S2000 - New Formula Red
2007 Chev Silverado crew cab Z71
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2006, 02:07 PM   #58
Ryan.M
Major
24
Rep
1,030
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3..E30 325i..72' 2002
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

The Broadmoor in Colorado,4 bedroom penthouse paid for by Coca-Cola
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2006, 05:47 PM   #59
tl_boy
Major
tl_boy's Avatar
25
Rep
1,329
Posts

 
Drives: tl
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: houston

iTrader: (0)



Quote:
Originally Posted by enwhykiid
good to see a fellow muslim e90er



What does it matter???

__________________

E90 Mods (work in progress): Euro Xenon Headlamps, 19" ASA AR-1's with Toyo T1R 235 fronts and 275 rears, Breyton style front spoiler, Breyton style rear spoiler, Huper Optik 40% Tint, TiAG with Black 'ette and Aluminum trim, Chrome grills, chrome exhaust, Hartge lowering springs, PMB Hyperwhites.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2006, 06:58 PM   #60
hypebeast
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: 06 325i
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Grand Wailea - Maui

Grand Wailea in Maui. Rarely left the hotel and spent most of the time at the pools.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2006, 07:12 PM   #61
greginaz1
Captain
14
Rep
878
Posts

 
Drives: 06 EZGO
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Woods

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypebeast
Grand Wailea in Maui. Rarely left the hotel and spent most of the time at the pools.
We stayed at the Grand in May and loved it...but we will back to the 4 Seasons next door in a couple weeks!

Honestly, the pools there can use some renovating as there are many dirty/missing tiles especially in the main 'adult' pool...the slides were awesome fun though...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2006, 07:14 PM   #62
enwhykiid
Captain
enwhykiid's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
822
Posts

 
Drives: '06 titanium 330XI
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_boy






What does it matter???

who the hell still admits there muslim--thats my point
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2006, 10:11 PM   #63
Jaws
Lieutenant Colonel
Jaws's Avatar
Canada
21
Rep
1,736
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i mt
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enwhykiid
who the hell still admits there muslim--thats my point
"they're" and "that's". People admit that they're Christian. Why not Muslim, Jewish....?
__________________
2006 325i - Sparkling Graphite
2000 S2000 - New Formula Red
2007 Chev Silverado crew cab Z71
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST