BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-06-2009, 10:12 PM   #23
DakarE36
Private First Class
 
Drives: Dakar yellow '95 e36 m3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island NY

Posts: 163
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garissimo View Post
Cadillac targets the M5 and develops a sedan that outperforms it (by either a smidge or more depending on which comparison you believe) for $30K less. Their engineers deserve a bravo for that, no question.

The real question is: Are you willing to buy a $60K, techno-laden sedan from a company teetering on the brink of bankruptcy knowing GM's track record for first year model releases?
Well, this isnt really the first generation CTS-V at all, the last one was more or less a disaster, and they have worked out all the kinks out of the system (by switching chasis') and putting in a proven LSA motor in to make it move. GM can be called alot of things, but they are reliable cars, and this car has already been out long enough for rumors of poor build quality or any other kind of glitch to be heard about.
I just test drove the thing today, and let me tell you, its one impressive car.

I knew it would perform well from all ive read, but its got a really refined interior that one wouldnt expect in an american car (which i think peaks that of BMW's these days, which are unexplainably bland) and a ride quality similar to that of the closest thing to a new sporty BMW (the Z8) only handles much tighter.

The brakes are fantastic, and it just seemed to me like a very well built car, i for one am very convinced that its a great car, and hell some more people should buy some american cars, it couldnt hurt our atrocious economy.
DakarE36 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2009, 10:37 PM   #24
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09 AW/FR 6sp.E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Timberlane IL

Posts: 274
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarE36 View Post
Well, this isnt really the first generation CTS-V at all, the last one was more or less a disaster, and they have worked out all the kinks out of the system (by switching chasis') and putting in a proven LSA motor in to make it move. GM can be called alot of things, but they are reliable cars, and this car has already been out long enough for rumors of poor build quality or any other kind of glitch to be heard about.
I just test drove the thing today, and let me tell you, its one impressive car.

I knew it would perform well from all ive read, but its got a really refined interior that one wouldnt expect in an american car (which i think peaks that of BMW's these days, which are unexplainably bland) and a ride quality similar to that of the closest thing to a new sporty BMW (the Z8) only handles much tighter.

The brakes are fantastic, and it just seemed to me like a very well built car, i for one am very convinced that its a great car, and hell some more people should buy some american cars, it couldnt hurt our atrocious economy.
Nice post, I could'nt agree more. Actually, the CTS-V is a tremendous vehicle. It's build quality and interior components are actually superior to much of the German and Japanese offerings. And the power, yeh. In the end though, the look and feel of the M3 just lured me in.
matt beard is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2009, 01:14 AM   #25
MidwestBimmerFan
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 M3, 1995 E36 M3, 1976 2002
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Willowbrook, IL

Posts: 148
iTrader: (0)

Interesting! I'd still take the M5 hands down any day though. Granted I haven't driven the other two but i'm not really into those big lazy lump V8 engines. You can't beat the beautiful sound, 8250 redline, the looks (some may disagree but I think it is gorgeous), quality, and the fantastic driving experience that the M5 offers. Still great job by caddy.
MidwestBimmerFan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2009, 02:06 AM   #26
eNCore
///M 5light
 
eNCore's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 MCB ///M5
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, 626

Posts: 433
iTrader: (1)

I always see C63 gets put against higher end cars in tests and is able to keep up, but not M3. Seems like the only place M3 belongs is on the track. Seems like they are trying to tell us something. C63 is a better all around car! Hope I don't get flamed for this...but I think it is the truth. I mean I would probably get a M3 over a C63 but the only AND ONLY reason is because it looks better, and not because it is a better car. Let me put it this way. I want to own a M3 (for the name and looks), but I want to drive a C63 (for the fun!).
eNCore is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2009, 05:39 AM   #27
Sticky
Banned
 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

Posts: 2,244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Turismo View Post
I always see C63 gets put against higher end cars in tests and is able to keep up, but not M3. Seems like the only place M3 belongs is on the track. Seems like they are trying to tell us something. C63 is a better all around car! Hope I don't get flamed for this...but I think it is the truth. I mean I would probably get a M3 over a C63 but the only AND ONLY reason is because it looks better, and not because it is a better car. Let me put it this way. I want to own a M3 (for the name and looks), but I want to drive a C63 (for the fun!).
Trying... hard... to... respond... without... profanity...
Sticky is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2009, 05:55 AM   #28
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Turismo View Post
I always see C63 gets put against higher end cars in tests and is able to keep up, but not M3. Seems like the only place M3 belongs is on the track. Seems like they are trying to tell us something. C63 is a better all around car! Hope I don't get flamed for this...but I think it is the truth.
The M3 is a much better car to exploit it ability in day to day life when connected to the M-DCT but the C63's torque is a very appealing experience and hard to ignore when trying to consider the rest of the package which when you really dig deep and explore isn't quite up to the ability of the M3 but for 95% of driving one does the C63 does on the face of it seem to be the better daily drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Turismo View Post
I mean I would probably get a M3 over a C63 but the only AND ONLY reason is because it looks better, and not because it is a better car. Let me put it this way. I want to own a M3 (for the name and looks), but I want to drive a C63 (for the fun!).
Well looks are as much important a thing as anything else about a car, in fact it may even be more important. It's one of the reasons why I picked the M3 over the C63.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2009, 01:42 AM   #29
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
 
MikeG_C63_AMG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hoboken,NJ

Posts: 378
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Trying... hard... to... respond... without... profanity...
LOL I love it how the 335 owners always seem to get under the M3 owners skin. I wouldn't be surprised if a good portion of there posts are just to piss M3 owners off and are not a valid opinion.
MikeG_C63_AMG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2009, 04:56 AM   #30
eNCore
///M 5light
 
eNCore's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 MCB ///M5
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, 626

Posts: 433
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG View Post
LOL I love it how the 335 owners always seem to get under the M3 owners skin. I wouldn't be surprised if a good portion of there posts are just to piss M3 owners off and are not a valid opinion.
I am not trying to piss anyone off. Just sharing my opinion. I am getting a new car in Dec, and had a really hard time deciding on what to get for the past year as of right now the opinion I posted is what I am telling myself.
eNCore is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #31
DakarE36
Private First Class
 
Drives: Dakar yellow '95 e36 m3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island NY

Posts: 163
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Turismo View Post
I always see C63 gets put against higher end cars in tests and is able to keep up, but not M3. Seems like the only place M3 belongs is on the track. Seems like they are trying to tell us something. C63 is a better all around car! Hope I don't get flamed for this...but I think it is the truth. I mean I would probably get a M3 over a C63 but the only AND ONLY reason is because it looks better, and not because it is a better car. Let me put it this way. I want to own a M3 (for the name and looks), but I want to drive a C63 (for the fun!).
im very very confused you have an ///M in your name, and you think that lazy automatic sloppy muscle car is better then the m3. You deserve a flaming cause thats just false, and very silly to say in this particular forum.
DakarE36 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2009, 11:06 PM   #32
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
 
Irb Digital's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M E90 MANual Jerez
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL

Posts: 458
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Irb Digital
I think if you are looking at a DCT M3, then the C63 is a worthy competitor. If the price is the same, I would suggest a C63 with the PP over a DCT M3 for most people that don't intend to track their car much. Is it wrong for some people to prefer a machete over a scalpel?
__________________
WAR Hammy/McLaren F1 WDC 2010
Irb Digital is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST