BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-03-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
JuniorDee
Captain
 
JuniorDee's Avatar
 
Drives: the speed limit
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: the land of brat and brotchen

Posts: 610
iTrader: (1)

Where can I find hub mounted jack stands?

DO they make and if they do, where can I find Jack stands that attach to the wheel hub (mount like a wheel would) so that I can store my car. I want to take the wheels off but have the car rest on its suspension. THIS IS NOT FOR MY M3 BTW.
__________________
EDC.....viagra for your car
JuniorDee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2009, 08:28 PM   #2
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
 
Radiation Joe's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Macungie PA

Posts: 2,749
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [4.25]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorDee View Post
DO they make and if they do, where can I find Jack stands that attach to the wheel hub (mount like a wheel would) so that I can store my car. I want to take the wheels off but have the car rest on its suspension. THIS IS NOT FOR MY M3 BTW.
Of course, anything is possible with enough compromise and money, but I seriously doubt anything like this exists.

These would have to be bolted to the hubs while the suspension was unloaded. Then the car would have to be lowered. When the suspension loads up, the camber would change, which would load the jacks unevenly. That would just be asking for trouble.

You could do in on a car/truck with two solid axles like a sprint car or pre-50s truck or a model T. Most other cars, I think you are out of luck.
Radiation Joe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #3
JuniorDee
Captain
 
JuniorDee's Avatar
 
Drives: the speed limit
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: the land of brat and brotchen

Posts: 610
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
Of course, anything is possible with enough compromise and money, but I seriously doubt anything like this exists.

These would have to be bolted to the hubs while the suspension was unloaded. Then the car would have to be lowered. When the suspension loads up, the camber would change, which would load the jacks unevenly. That would just be asking for trouble.

You could do in on a car/truck with two solid axles like a sprint car or pre-50s truck or a model T. Most other cars, I think you are out of luck.

Would putting the car on blocks so that the wheels are still on the ground have any negative impacts?
__________________
EDC.....viagra for your car
JuniorDee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
 
Radiation Joe's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Macungie PA

Posts: 2,749
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [4.25]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [5.00]
If you are concerned about tire flat spotting, try these:

The Tire Cradle
Radiation Joe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
 
consolidated's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 1,618
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
There's an ad in most Grassroots Motorsports for hub mounted stands with sliding baseplates for the purpose of alignment w/o wheels. If you can't find it I'll post it when I get home.
consolidated is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
JuniorDee
Captain
 
JuniorDee's Avatar
 
Drives: the speed limit
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: the land of brat and brotchen

Posts: 610
iTrader: (1)

can you please post it?????
__________________
EDC.....viagra for your car
JuniorDee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
 
consolidated's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 1,618
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
http://www.hubstands.com/

I just found out that this is a Mantis Sport (Canada) product, good guys to deal with, one of the few people to race a Cayman. I've worked with Ernie in the past.
Attached Images
 
consolidated is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
JuniorDee
Captain
 
JuniorDee's Avatar
 
Drives: the speed limit
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: the land of brat and brotchen

Posts: 610
iTrader: (1)

Thanks for the link. $1k for all four. I think for the price I will go with my earlier idea.
__________________
EDC.....viagra for your car
JuniorDee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #9
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
 
consolidated's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 1,618
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorDee View Post
Thanks for the link. $1k for all four. I think for the price I will go with my earlier idea.
For $1K is really more of a set-up and alignment tool and less of a storage device. I bet you could easily make a static version for much less.
consolidated is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST