BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-29-2009, 07:02 PM   #155
AMOCHOSTO
Major
AMOCHOSTO's Avatar
Canada
16
Rep
1,007
Posts

 
Drives: IB BB E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto.

iTrader: (0)

Saw 2 Space Grey M3's today downtown, 1 E92 parked on Adelaide St. and one E93 coming out of a parking garage on Wellington looked sharp!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 10:25 PM   #156
kmax1980
Private First Class
1
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E93 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOCHOSTO View Post
Saw 2 Space Grey M3's today downtown, 1 E92 parked on Adelaide St. and one E93 coming out of a parking garage on Wellington looked sharp!
yeah i think i saw the same e92 on adelaide driving by FCP! nice winter rims
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 10:55 AM   #157
Jaypod
Brigadier General
Jaypod's Avatar
No_Country
64
Rep
4,961
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Saw an e92 SSII yesterday around 4pm in the Whole Foods parking lot in Oakville - had OEM Winters. When I was in line at the Starbucks (where else?!) I noticed it circle around my car and take a look.

Anyone here?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 06:09 PM   #158
Jaypod
Brigadier General
Jaypod's Avatar
No_Country
64
Rep
4,961
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

revmmm - top down today?

I did see a GT2 out cruisin today - had summer shoes on, so just taking advantage the nice weather - gave the car a quick bath - but already needs another one!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #159
revmmm
Captain
revmmm's Avatar
Canada
17
Rep
835
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E93 M3 Cab SSII
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 X5 4.8i  [0.00]
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
revmmm - top down today?

I did see a GT2 out cruisin today - had summer shoes on, so just taking advantage the nice weather - gave the car a quick bath - but already needs another one!
Went out for sushi with the E90 guys this afternoon, and was seriously tempted to drop the top but left it up. No excuses...must be getting soft in my old age.

My wife spotted a SSII M3 with Budds plates at the Monastery bakery on 4th line this afternoon. Perhaps the same one from Whole Foods yesterday.
__________________


2008 E93 M3 - SSII, 6MT, 19", EDC,...
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #160
Lagos
Enlisted Member
Lagos's Avatar
Canada
1
Rep
44
Posts

 
Drives: 08/E92/M3/SSII
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

I saw an AW E92 with stock 19s around vic park/sheppard. I believe it was an asian man driving it.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #161
revmmm
Captain
revmmm's Avatar
Canada
17
Rep
835
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E93 M3 Cab SSII
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 X5 4.8i  [0.00]
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
Groundhog day: 1 day of sun = 6 more weeks of winter

Okay - so I had to make use of the sunny afternoon and celebrate the fact that we have 6 more weeks of winter (according to some furry rodent) to drop the top, put on the shades and go for a great ride this afternoon.

It is really nice to see the sun again. Spring is just around the corner! I am sure the members who have their Ms in storage are counting down the days now.
__________________


2008 E93 M3 - SSII, 6MT, 19", EDC,...
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #162
Vise
Captain
Vise's Avatar
Canada
11
Rep
887
Posts

 
Drives: C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [5.00]
Spotted an AW E92 M3 yesterday around 4pm... another one around the corner from my house on Eastern near Logan. No front plate but believe I spotted Quebec plates on the rear, appeared to have the BMW OEM winter tire package on as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmmm View Post
Spring is just around the corner!
Thanks for the optimism, I wish I shared your outlook...
__________________
Current: 2013 Mercedes C63 AMG Sedan Magnetite Black / designo Porcelain/Black Leather
RIP: 2011 BMW M3 Sedan Alpine White / Fox Red Novillo Leather
Past: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan Melbourne Red / Black Novillo Leather
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #163
Jaypod
Brigadier General
Jaypod's Avatar
No_Country
64
Rep
4,961
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmmm View Post
Okay - so I had to make use of the sunny afternoon and celebrate the fact that we have 6 more weeks of winter (according to some furry rodent) to drop the top, put on the shades and go for a great ride this afternoon.

It is really nice to see the sun again. Spring is just around the corner! I am sure the members who have their Ms in storage are counting down the days now.
Well Played!!

Wish I was able to sneak away from the office this afternoon - a few goodies for the car came via courier today! Would of been a good day for it!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #164
revmmm
Captain
revmmm's Avatar
Canada
17
Rep
835
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E93 M3 Cab SSII
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 X5 4.8i  [0.00]
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vise View Post
Spotted an AW E92 M3 yesterday around 4pm... another one around the corner from my house on Eastern near Logan. No front plate but believe I spotted Quebec plates on the rear, appeared to have the BMW OEM winter tire package on as well.
Perhaps it was M3 Montreal? Did you notice if it had the CF roof or not? I wish that we did not have to run with the front plates.

Almost forgot, passed a black E92 yesterday afternoon SB Bayview around Finch. He was stuck in a long line of traffic and noticed me going NB. I was impressed how clean the car was considering the wet roads yesterday.
__________________


2008 E93 M3 - SSII, 6MT, 19", EDC,...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #165
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
SlammedR8's Avatar
Canada
118
Rep
4,937
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
Hey fellow Torontonians...
Im just wondering if any of you local guys would be interested in doing the ECU upgrade from Active Autowerke?

A local shop in Mississauga is considering getting set up for being able to do the ECU upgrade in house in Mississauga. SO this would mean you will not have to take out your ECU and ship it to Miami (which I had to do, and cost me over $200 for overnight delivery).

I want to see if there is any interest, if we can get 8-10 guys who want to do the ECU upgrade, this shop would purchase the necessary computers to be able to do this. And the first 10 guys would get a significant discount on the ECU Software upgrade.

Let me know via PM or on this thread if you or anyone you know would be interested, I will message a few of you personally!

In case some of you didn’t see my thread, I got great gains from the ECU upgrade, and more importantly then the numbers, the car feels unbelievably different. It has power low end where we really need it!

Heres a link if you missed it.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226120
__________________
2010 Audi R8 V10 Coupe 6MT-White on Red
GMG Exhaust | H&R Springs | H&R Spacers | Carbonio Intake | UniTronic ECU Upgrade| 15% Tints/50% Windshield|LED License Plate
2013 Range Rover Sport-Black on Black
Stock with 15% Tint & 50% Windshield
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #166
///M3Joe
Private
Canada
1
Rep
52
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 E90
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto, Ont

iTrader: (0)

Saw an AW E90 today around 9:30 on Hwy 7 and Keele, making a left onto Keele. Anybody from here?
__________________
2008 M3 E90 - Alpine White with fox red novillo leather.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #167
bobbyz
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
299
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Yup.
That was my Brother. I was on the phone with him when he was making the left at 7 and Keele at 9:30, so it must have been him. I'll let him know he was spotted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3Joe View Post
Saw an AW E90 today around 9:30 on Hwy 7 and Keele, making a left onto Keele. Anybody from here?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #168
Vise
Captain
Vise's Avatar
Canada
11
Rep
887
Posts

 
Drives: C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by revmmm View Post
Perhaps it was M3 Montreal? Did you notice if it had the CF roof or not? I wish that we did not have to run with the front plates.
It had the CF roof for sure.... and agreed on the front plates, my car was already drilled for it but I would have considered going without a front plate and taking my chances if I had the option to.
__________________
Current: 2013 Mercedes C63 AMG Sedan Magnetite Black / designo Porcelain/Black Leather
RIP: 2011 BMW M3 Sedan Alpine White / Fox Red Novillo Leather
Past: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan Melbourne Red / Black Novillo Leather
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #169
///M3Joe
Private
Canada
1
Rep
52
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 E90
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto, Ont

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyz View Post
Yup.
That was my Brother. I was on the phone with him when he was making the left at 7 and Keele at 9:30, so it must have been him. I'll let him know he was spotted
He was on the phone when I saw him, lol. Can't wait to take mine out soon and put some km's on it.
__________________
2008 M3 E90 - Alpine White with fox red novillo leather.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #170
revmmm
Captain
revmmm's Avatar
Canada
17
Rep
835
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E93 M3 Cab SSII
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 X5 4.8i  [0.00]
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
Hey fellow Torontonians...
Im just wondering if any of you local guys would be interested in doing the ECU upgrade from Active Autowerke?
I am interested in some more information. Read most of the thread, but still would like to do some more research. PM me the price, and let me know if that includes re-installs / upgrades in case it is reprogrammed by the dealer.

Also, I want to hear more about your experience with the launch control at 4K. Either way I am likely to wait until spring to figure out what mods are going on for the summer.
__________________


2008 E93 M3 - SSII, 6MT, 19", EDC,...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #171
revmmm
Captain
revmmm's Avatar
Canada
17
Rep
835
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E93 M3 Cab SSII
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 X5 4.8i  [0.00]
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
Spotted 2 M3s tonight on my way home. First, the SSII E90 in my garage at work downtown came up the ramp tonight right behind me. I always have the window down to enjoy the sound of the exhaust, but tonight it sounded much better in stereo.

Then, saw a Jerez Black E93 parked at the mall at 8th line and Upper Middle (yes the one with the Starbucks).
__________________


2008 E93 M3 - SSII, 6MT, 19", EDC,...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 11:23 PM   #172
Lagos
Enlisted Member
Lagos's Avatar
Canada
1
Rep
44
Posts

 
Drives: 08/E92/M3/SSII
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

I saw a space grey coupe on bay/lakeshore going north. I was making a right to lakeshore from bay to go to gardiner...It seemed like he had an aftermarket rims on it...probably winterss
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #173
Jaypod
Brigadier General
Jaypod's Avatar
No_Country
64
Rep
4,961
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmmm View Post
I am interested in some more information. Read most of the thread, but still would like to do some more research. PM me the price, and let me know if that includes re-installs / upgrades in case it is reprogrammed by the dealer.

Also, I want to hear more about your experience with the launch control at 4K. Either way I am likely to wait until spring to figure out what mods are going on for the summer.

+1 - Also any info on the shop doing the work would be helpful as well (ie. their experience with BMW's and ECU upgrades)

I am personally waiting to see what Dinan has up their sleeves, but my understanding is the ECU upgrade from them will not be offered as a standalone. I am also interested in the Dinan exhaust which apparrently is in the final stages of development. (otherwise I may go for the AA exhaust)


Also we may want to rename this thread to "Starbucks Spotting in close proximity to E9X M3!". Revmmm - I live that side of Oakville and think I have seen that JzB E93 in that plaza a couple of times.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #174
m3tor
Private First Class
m3tor's Avatar
Canada
3
Rep
168
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
I am also interested in the Dinan exhaust which apparrently is in the final stages of development.
+1 !!! Hoping they'll release details soon! I saw and heard an M5 with a Dinan exhaust recently and it sounded great
__________________
2015 F82 M4, Alpine White / Black
2012 E92 M3 ZCP, Alpine White / Black, M-DCT - RIP
2008 E92 M3 Silverstone / Black, 6 speed, ZCP wheels, Dinan exhaust, software, airbox & Stage 1 suspension - SOLD
2002 E46 M3 Carbon Black / Imola Red, 6 speed, 19s - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #175
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
SlammedR8's Avatar
Canada
118
Rep
4,937
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
+1 - Also any info on the shop doing the work would be helpful as well (ie. their experience with BMW's and ECU upgrades)

I am personally waiting to see what Dinan has up their sleeves, but my understanding is the ECU upgrade from them will not be offered as a standalone. I am also interested in the Dinan exhaust which apparrently is in the final stages of development. (otherwise I may go for the AA exhaust)
The shop in Mississauga has been working on BMWs for quite some time, I wouldn't take my car there unless I trusted them. Trust me. There is only 2 ships I deal with outside of BMW.

They are the only authorized AA dealer in Ontario as far as I know, maybe even in Canada.
Nothing to worry about eitherway, because if they get the computer system from AA directly, there will be no need to take out the ECU, it will be a simple plug in your car to their computer and uplaod the new software. In and out within the hour!

I had Dinan on my E46 330, sounded nice. I got it as a gift and didnt have to pay for it, but their stuff is crazy expensive and don't yield the best gains. Their software will likely cost twice what the AA will cost you, and their gains may not be as good either! I havent heard AA exhaust in person, but I've read great stuff on them!


Quote:
Originally Posted by m3tor View Post
+1 !!! Hoping they'll release details soon! I saw and heard an M5 with a Dinan exhaust recently and it sounded great

Like I said, it will be very expensive. Im not even biased because I used to have their ECU tune, Intake and Exhaust on my previous car (E46 330ci).

Don't let the M5 sound fool you, its a 10 cylinder...its the best sounding car out there. My buddy had an E60 M5 with Eisenmann Race and it sounded better then anything I've ever heard. The M3 sounds great, but will never sound like an M5.
__________________
2010 Audi R8 V10 Coupe 6MT-White on Red
GMG Exhaust | H&R Springs | H&R Spacers | Carbonio Intake | UniTronic ECU Upgrade| 15% Tints/50% Windshield|LED License Plate
2013 Range Rover Sport-Black on Black
Stock with 15% Tint & 50% Windshield
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #176
lebreeze
Lieutenant
Canada
11
Rep
595
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 m3 , 2014 991
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: windsor

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 e92 m3  [0.00]
Are the AA dealers both located in t.o? what the name of the shops?
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST