BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Closed Thread

09-10-2008, 05:15 AM   #67
Dabaitu
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 128ian View Post
I feel sorry for anyone who lives in a country where they need to have a gun...
+1

or they think it's some right bestowed by an imaginary friend.

or they think it's right because someone in the past wrote a reason down in a constitution.

Time's change, unfortunately not enough people change with them... ignorance is bliss for some though I guess.

Oh and for the nuff nuff who said criminals don't follow laws about whether it's legal or not to use firearms it probably makes it easier when you can't get your hands on the damn thing in the first place wouldn't you think?

Meh, I think I just wasted a few minutes of my life typing this I expect it to fall on deaf ears
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 05:33 AM   #68
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep

Drives: 135i MT, LMB, ProNav

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by car1 View Post
Yeah, because no one commits crimes with guns outside of the US...
Yes, people commit crimes with guns in just about every country on the planet, but I guess the difference is frequency. In a country awash with guns, I would imagine that gun crimes are a more common than other developed western countries like the UK, Europe or Australia. The incidence of gun related death is a lot higher.

I agree that having a gun would be an effective means to "prevent becoming a victim" in a confrontation, P R O V I D E D the other guy doesn't have a gun as well. If he is also packing a piece, you have a stalemate and the chances of one of you leaving the scene in a body bag just shot up (pardon the pun). You might be the lucky one to injure or kill the aggressor, but the opposite is just as likely.

The possibility of this happening in a community with a lot of guns floating around would be rather high.

On the other hand in a confrontation in a country with less guns, you may still get bashed/injured/killed, but I believe the stakes are lower. Hell, I would love to have a gun to give me the upper hand, but I sure wouldn't want to be in a situation where there is a good chance the other guy is packing a piece as well....

Fun Car: 135i Manual LeMans Blue / Beige Leather / Grey Poplar / pro nav / euro plates. Delivered 24 June 08
Family Car: Land Rover Discovery 4 SDV6
Spare Car:
Volvo V70 Sydney Car: MB 420SEL
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 05:54 AM   #69
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep

Drives: 135i MT, LMB, ProNav

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleM View Post
Unlike you the gun carry citizen would have a chance, you would likely get robbed and killed maybe raped in that combo depending on which psycho was attacking you. Whoops I forgot, your police are everywhere all the time.
I don't think your chances of survival would any higher than us if your attacker had a gun as well. As I said, I'd love to have the advantage of having the upper hand with a gun, but if this means everyone else can get their hands on one as well, I'd pass. You have a stalemate. Basically you've just moved the goalposts to a more dangerous level.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not totally anti-guns (I have a shooters licence and own 5 rifles). The problem I see is handguns and how easy it is to get them in your country.

Fun Car: 135i Manual LeMans Blue / Beige Leather / Grey Poplar / pro nav / euro plates. Delivered 24 June 08
Family Car: Land Rover Discovery 4 SDV6
Spare Car:
Volvo V70 Sydney Car: MB 420SEL
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 06:03 AM   #70
Dabaitu
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
You are from a brit colony that sucked so bad they left the prison colony as a wasteland, I guess the Dutch didn't like the weather. I guess government is your imaginary friend. How about life in the outback for a man having a gun? LOL!
Quote:
I carry my sig in the glove box. I feel sorry for those that don;t have the right or choice to carry a gun to protect themselves and their property.
Gun ownership did help us liberate ourselves from oppressive regimes.
Too bad we don't have a police state that can be at every household to protect us. I just want more rights and responsibility than a criminal without feeling like a criminal in some states.
Quote:
Unlike you the gun carry citizen would have a chance, you would likely get robbed and killed maybe raped in that combo depending on which psycho was attacking you. Whoops I forgot, your police are everywhere all the time.
Macadamia's anyone?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 06:41 AM   #71
xa-coupe
Wannabe
Rep

Drives:

This is all getting a little serious over an issue that has nothing to do with the original question.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 07:00 AM   #72
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep

Drives: to work, mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWallyBear View Post

I was wondering if anybody else on this Forum carried and planned to have a gun in the car with them, I've got this P7M8 little beauty and have easily fallen in love with it. The one series reminds me abit itself of this particular gun, small and compact but powerful and elegant. Post your pics
A German gun for a German car. I approve.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 07:10 AM   #73
larryn
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: '97 332ti, '10 E92 M3

We left this thread unlocked in hopes that people wouldn't pick at a scab, but I see some usual players going at it again. Time to lock it.

Trolliing is infractionable. I see a few responses that are just that.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread