BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

INDustry distribution
View Poll Results: Who will hold the highest office in the land??
Hilary Clinton 18 11.32%
Barack Obama 84 52.83%
John McCain 51 32.08%
Mitt Romney 6 3.77%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

05-08-2008, 05:51 PM   #309
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
Rep

Drives: Not a BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
It just blows my mind how Obama is currently defeating Hillary. I mean she is one hell of an opponent. It is like Wal-mart(Clinton) vs Target(Obama). The Clintons have been in Washington ever since 1992. They were there in the shadows during the Bush Presidency building their support. They are truly a brand name. Obama really is a ''nobody'' by comparison. If you look at the both of them on paper this should not be happening. We dont even have to go down the laundry list. If her last name wasnt Clinton, they would have pushed her out by now. At this point it is personal for her. She really isnt being rational. I honestly cant blame her but would respect her immensely if she bowed out.

I hope Nixon is right about the weight Edwards endorsement carries...thats even if he goes towards Obama.

Here is what scares me:

Falling Dollar value = inflation (see price of oil)
15% Capital Gains Tax Rate Sunsets = less investment or re-investment
35% Corporate Tax Rate Sunsets = less investment and loss of jobs

Fed Rate has to be raised (see right after election) to control inflation. This is going to cause a increase in min. monthly payments on credit (see less real income)

NOW...2 out of the 3 candidates have clearly said they are going to:

1. Sunset 15% and 35%
2. Raise personal Income Tax (oh...yeah...only for us rich folks....right...:wink
3. Raise Corporate Taxes
4. Winfall profit tax Oil Companies
5. Socialize Medical

The 3rd Candidate has said very little on the above, but shows that he likes his taxes....hmmmm :iono:

I have played with a few economic models and have listed to way to many economist for my industry.....we are headed for a REAL RECESSION in late 09 whether or not the above 5 occur. But as to how long and deep it goes is real relevant to the above 5. btw...it will last until mid 2011. (you can call me on this one later)

China is in for a tail spin as well. The world will gets a cold when we sneeze. Watch what happens when we get pneumonia.

Get ready for higher prices for everything, higher taxes and at least 15% - 25% less after tax personal income. Also get ready for a credit card bust when inflation, higher taxes take away the ability to cover the minimums. Add in a dash of much higher unemployment and shitty housing market...BAMM....we are fucked.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy and has been played before in the 70's.

This isn't a Repub or Dem issue it's a Congress issue and they are asleep at the wheel on this one.

Politics
Poly - many
Ticks - blood sucking insects

SO....who do I want in the White House. The one that will VETO any new taxes or social programs.

Sadly none of the 3 Stooges are capable of doing this. They can't help themselves when it comes to raising taxes. 2 of them come by in honest. One of them is a self absorbed tool who needs the positive attention and won't say NO.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #310
PA135i
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 SGM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002s View Post
WOW, this is going to be a fun DNC convention if Uncle Howie can't make her get out before then. She is going to have to be dragged away kicking and screaming.
Thats exactly what's going to happen. She won't quit and it's making her look like a sore loser. The longer this goes on the more her chances for a future run are deminished.

Goodbye forever Hillary.

Oh.. here's the 3 stooges
Attached Images

Appreciate 0