BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

OneEighty

01-15-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
Boomer05

Drives: 2009 M3 M-DCT

Adjusting Source Volumes

Anyone know if there is a way to "equalize" the volumes between different audio sources? All of the radio volumes seem to be similar when switching between FM/Sat/ or CD/DVD. If I switch to my external/USB source (USB Drive) the volume is considerably louder. This is not a problem unless I have the radio cranked up and then switch to the USB and it blows you away! Went through the menu and can't find an adjustment for the individual sources like there is for the Gong and Nav.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
lincoln
Lieutenant
United_States

Drives: 2009 Melbourne Red Coupe - DCT

It could be that your mp3's are just recorded at a high kb. Meaning I think radio is similar to 128kb. I usually record mine at 192kb... it's really noticeable when a song, for instance, plays at over 300kb. I'm constantly adjusting the volume on my iPhone.
      01-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
drvai
Major
United_States

Drives: E92 M3 AW

My sat nav woman speaks very low in comparison with the music. I haven't been able to find a setting for that.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
kronzprinz
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 M3

You have to set the volume to each. have the navi repeat instructions and turn higher or lower, tune to a cd and do the same, tune to the radio and repeat, tune mp3 and repeat, call your voicemail or someone and repeat.
Appreciate 0