BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-19-2008, 08:50 PM   #23
ebohon
Second Lieutenant
ebohon's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
252
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe, 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA

iTrader: (2)

Sticky... I'm also in AH... where are you getting your H&R's installed? My M3 is due to arrive in about 2-3 weeks and I don't trust the shop in Orange that installed on my current car. Thanks!
__________________
2009 M3 : 6MT : Carbon : Silverstone : Fox Red Novilo : Aluminum Trim : Tech Package : iPod :
MODS: Performance Spoiler: Clear Reflectors : H&Rs : Escort 9500ix hardwired : Tint : Macht Schnell Filter : RPI Scoops : Rogue Pulley : Fabspeed resonated x-pipe with Remus Race : ESS Tune: TVinMotion
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2008, 03:54 AM   #24
Sticky
Banned
United_States
30
Rep
2,244
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebohon View Post
Sticky... I'm also in AH... where are you getting your H&R's installed? My M3 is due to arrive in about 2-3 weeks and I don't trust the shop in Orange that installed on my current car. Thanks!
Great, another M3 in AH. Just kidding, www.evosport.com , let them know I sent you and they will hook you up. No more than 4 hours labor and if anyone knows what they are doing it is them.

Noticed you already PM'd me about this, sorry, hard to keep track of everyone.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 04:12 PM   #25
maaicher
Captain
maaicher's Avatar
15
Rep
734
Posts

 
Drives: Jet black E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (10)

So all of you guys that have edc with lowering springs...how well do the springs work with the edc when you change from comfort to sport?...does it handle worse or better?. chompino i see you live in santa monica im in LA to...with all the potholes how does it feel? i had coilovers on my rx8 and really it just was uncomfortable for anyone but the driver on roads like sunset and pch before it was repaved.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 04:34 PM   #26
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
171
Rep
11,181
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maaicher View Post
So all of you guys that have edc with lowering springs...how well do the springs work with the edc when you change from comfort to sport?...does it handle worse or better?. chompino i see you live in santa monica im in LA to...with all the potholes how does it feel? i had coilovers on my rx8 and really it just was uncomfortable for anyone but the driver on roads like sunset and pch before it was repaved.
I feel no difference in Sport with my Eibachs vs. OEM...
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 06:29 PM   #27
jml
Captain
jml's Avatar
17
Rep
986
Posts

 
Drives: E90M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchBoy View Post
On a related topic. Will BMW void EDC warranty issues when springs have been upgraded?

Thanks.
Of course they will. And you will have a hard time convincing even an engineer that stiffer spring will not prematurely wear out a shock that was not matched to that spring rate.

Additionally, the lowered ride height is going to cause you grief with many dealers for things like wheel bearings and tie-rods. I got into a pretty big p1ssing match with BMW over the ride height on my E46M3, required arbitration.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2009, 12:03 AM   #28
bigjae1976
That's what she said...
bigjae1976's Avatar
82
Rep
5,611
Posts

 
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml View Post
Of course they will. And you will have a hard time convincing even an engineer that stiffer spring will not prematurely wear out a shock that was not matched to that spring rate.

Additionally, the lowered ride height is going to cause you grief with many dealers for things like wheel bearings and tie-rods. I got into a pretty big p1ssing match with BMW over the ride height on my E46M3, required arbitration.
At BMW of Austin? They are generally real d1cks when it comes to mods. Who was your advisor?
__________________


Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST