BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Closed Thread

12-30-2008, 02:36 AM   #177
Bimmeration
BEEMDUBLEW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' Tesla Model S 85kw

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3larson View Post
Wow....Why is everyone so angry? I have never been part of a thread where I have been insulted so much! I was part of E60 forums for years and learned a lot about the car and made some friends. I was simply stated the 335I is a very fast car and was very surprised when i could not shake him. How can anyone on this board know my driving skills? Like the comment above? When I learn to drive? Maybe some people on this board really don't have a E92 M3. I am a very experienced driver and yes I have been following the break in runs to a point. I will only keep this car for maybe 10,000miles... I'm just very disappointed in the reactions on this board.. I joined a couple weeks ago hoping to meet some friends that have the same car so we can share story's and learn about different problems. But after reading more threads I have learned everyone just bitches at each other. I don't get it.... There was a thread where some guy wrote in CAPS and everyone tore him apart.. Maybe one day there will be a M3 forum where people can gather without the criticism. By the way, went outside and snapped this pic this AM.. Wanted to let everyone know I am a owner....
sorry to say this, but i think it applies to all bmw forums. i realized the same thing when i came on board. sad... but i feel you.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 04:18 AM   #178
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
Don't get your banana hammock in a twist, I didn't criticize your car. If you'll read what I wrote, turbo lag wasn't the only reason I gave for my preference. Have you autox'd your car?
You are right, don't even think twice about it.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 05:22 AM   #179
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

This has got to come to a stop. The cars are both great but targeting different demographics. We are all BMW owners and enjoy a specific type of automobile because we put driving pleasure first.

We should respect one another and act like adults. We should understand that the cars make BMW better as a whole and quit the pointless bickering. Thanks to cars like the 335 and the M3 BMW continues to push forward, making cars that are the benchmark of their class.

But seriously, 335 owners smell.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 05:50 AM   #180
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Man are you 16 years old or what?

Peace
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 05:59 AM   #181
imballin2day
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Dct Coupe

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 10:03 AM   #182
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
This has got to come to a stop. The cars are both great but targeting different demographics. We are all BMW owners and enjoy a specific type of automobile because we put driving pleasure first.

We should respect one another and act like adults. We should understand that the cars make BMW better as a whole and quit the pointless bickering. Thanks to cars like the 335 and the M3 BMW continues to push forward, making cars that are the benchmark of their class.

Smell great, that is.

Wow, good to see a post like this from you, a bit ironic and it took some intervention from others/admins, etc., but still VERY nice to see.
Keep it up.

As for the OP's original post.
Yes I agree with the others, wait till your car is fully broken in and then run again.
However, as good as a driver as you think you may be (and very well could be) there are others that are a step up too.
I know for a fact their are 335i owners that could easily outrun M3 owners at the track, even if both cars are stock.
The M3 might pull away then in the straights, but if they won't run the corners as hard, a stock 335i can catch back up.

Vice versa holds true too, a better M3 driver could make a less experienced 335i owner/driver look like he's driving a Sentra.

But if you are an experienced track driver, chances are that 335i had a tune on it. That allows them to keep up.
I'd put money on guys like Hotrod182 being able to outrun 95% of M3 owners at the track with just a tune on his car.
He's VERY competitive and can drive well. We've done some canyon runs and he's not afraid to push harder than he SHOULD on the canyon roads (even though they are empty canyon roads). I can't imagine how hard he'd run on a closed track.

Enjoy the car though, the M3 is a wonderful car and once broken in will allow you to outrun the 335i at the track pretty easily, unless the 335i driver is much better driver.

Enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 11:09 AM   #183
emthree4me
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 e92

You know its really amusing and entertaining that I found this thread.
Few days ago, I was cruise-playing around with my 09 M3 DCT and I've found 335i driver that wanted to play around too as I have passed him when I was practicing the crisp down-shifting and acceleration of this machine.

I was never careless nor wanting to race, but was smooth in my periodic fast speed acceleration when I see that the pattern is clear and safe. This eager 335i driver immediately accelerated to catch up as I view him about 150 yards behind me. I sense that maybe it was his first sighting of a e92 M3 and maybe had long for this day to happen as he hurriedly catch up. It took him a little while since he was trying to also manuever between cars, but I waited.

As soon as he got within 25 yards from my tail, I click on the M mode settings, clicked the left paddle and punch it. Effortless I saw my car was quite a distance ahead from him. I sense his desperation, as again he hurriedly catch up while I wait. And again as I see him within 25 yards behind I would do the same routine all over again. We maybe did this for about 3-4X
for I knew he wanted to play and play we did.

Finally, as I let him coast beside me to acknowledge that we were both an enthusiast and wanted to give him thumbsup, it seem like this 335i guy wanted a M3 Kill as he punch it to show me he was the boss.

I was kinda dissappointed with fellows attitude, for he didnt seem to know protocol that M3 follows no one. I didnt think it was nice of him, so I had to finally settle the score given the opportunity. I went for the Final Blow when again I downshifted, out manuevered and past him and finally exited the off ramp knowing staying longer wouldnt be a wise idea, since a desperate 335i guy is bound to do something stupid.

Poor Fellow finally had his day of reckoning and didnt turn out to be what he expected maybe bcoz he has seen and read too much of this 335i beats a M3 anyday. I had M mode set (Sport Suspension, Sport+, Servotronic, S5 settings, MDM and DCT for the win)

No flame pls, just posted what happenand now can relate that 335i drivers smells
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 11:47 AM   #184
Ken37.73
Private 1st Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by emthree4me View Post
You know its really amusing and entertaining that I found this thread.
Few days ago, I was cruise-playing around with my 09 M3 DCT and I've found 335i driver that wanted to play around too as I have passed him when I was practicing the crisp down-shifting and acceleration of this machine.

I was never careless nor wanting to race, but was smooth in my periodic fast speed acceleration when I see that the pattern is clear and safe. This eager 335i driver immediately accelerated to catch up as I view him about 150 yards behind me. I sense that maybe it was his first sighting of a e92 M3 and maybe had long for this day to happen as he hurriedly catch up. It took him a little while since he was trying to also manuever between cars, but I waited.

As soon as he got within 25 yards from my tail, I click on the M mode settings, clicked the left paddle and punch it. Effortless I saw my car was quite a distance ahead from him. I sense his desperation, as again he hurriedly catch up while I wait. And again as I see him within 25 yards behind I would do the same routine all over again. We maybe did this for about 3-4X
for I knew he wanted to play and play we did.

Finally, as I let him coast beside me to acknowledge that we were both an enthusiast and wanted to give him thumbsup, it seem like this 335i guy wanted a M3 Kill as he punch it to show me he was the boss.

I was kinda dissappointed with fellows attitude, for he didnt seem to know protocol that M3 follows no one. I didnt think it was nice of him, so I had to finally settle the score given the opportunity. I went for the Final Blow when again I downshifted, out manuevered and past him and finally exited the off ramp knowing staying longer wouldnt be a wise idea, since a desperate 335i guy is bound to do something stupid.

Poor Fellow finally had his day of reckoning and didnt turn out to be what he expected maybe bcoz he has seen and read too much of this 335i beats a M3 anyday. I had M mode set (Sport Suspension, Sport+, Servotronic, S5 settings, MDM and DCT for the win)

No flame pls, just posted what happenand now can relate that 335i drivers smells
Maybe he just thought you were a knob head ?
      12-30-2008, 11:48 AM   #185
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

^ I'd say he was just playing around to see how close his stock 335i would stay with a stock M3. This way he can see his gains when he spends a mere $629 on a chip and runs even with you the next time you two meet and do some impromtu acceleration runs.

I don't think anybody is silly enough to think a stock 335i can accelerate with a stock M3. That would be like a stock 328i owners thinking he could accelerate with the 335i. You'd have to be Amish and know nothing about cars to even consider either of those as possible.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread