BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

12-08-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
ismelllikepoop
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

tpms not going away?

ok with my new set of winter wheels with tpms i didnt have any issues when i installed them. the weather dropped to like 10 degrees so it lit up, but when i checked the pressure it was around 35 for each tire. i tried resetting the sensors by holding down the button, and driving around for a bit, but it still does the chime thing and lights back up eventually. i dont get what's going on.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #2
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
because yousmelllikepoop. lol kidding. I dont really know. Hope someone can answer your question soon.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 02:25 AM   #3
JIO
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 Space Gray E92 M3 w/DCT

Maybe a bad TPMS sensor in one or more of the wheels? Just guessing.

If you have navigation, try resetting the system through the vehicle settings, rather than the dash button...might work better that way?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 09:20 AM   #4
valeram
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 TTS, 991.2 GT3 T, F80 M3 C

MIght be a bad sensor. Deflate and inflate it back to the required pressure before resetting the TPMS screen. Where did you get your winter set? I got mine from Tirerack 2 weeks ago. Hope it works fine again.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #5
ismelllikepoop
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

got it from tirerack, and they seemed functional when i first got them a few weeks ago. when i first got the wheels put on, there was a quick cold spell, the signal was red and when i checked the pressure, the tires were significantly low. most recently as in two days ago, the temp dropped to 7, and that's when i got a yellow signal. figured that yeah the pressure probably dropped again, but it didnt really when i checked. maybe i didnt truly reset the sensors and its off by a pound or two?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #6
rcornelius
Faster
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe Melbourne Red/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismelllikepoop View Post
ok with my new set of winter wheels with tpms i didnt have any issues when i installed them. the weather dropped to like 10 degrees so it lit up, but when i checked the pressure it was around 35 for each tire. i tried resetting the sensors by holding down the button, and driving around for a bit, but it still does the chime thing and lights back up eventually. i dont get what's going on.
Got mine from Tire Rack as well, resetting these TPMS was just a bit different. First I started out driving about a mile, pulled over and completely stopped, pressed the reset button until the TMPS warning came on and flashed, then pulled off (here is the difference) with the TMPS from Tire Rack I had to drive about 1.5 miles before they reset and the light went off. When I swapped out my 18" with my 19"s same process only I had to drive about 1/2 mile or less before the light went out. I don't know if the extra distance had to do with it being very cold out when I put my snow tires on or not.
Appreciate 0