BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible > General E46 M3 Talk
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-21-2007, 06:47 PM   #1
nightkhan
Private Woodman
 
nightkhan's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i, JB, Space Rocket
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 467
iTrader: (3)

M3 CSL beats Zonda for Nurburgring record!

Here's the link:

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/354/C13915/

New record for a lap is now 7 min 22.8 seconds, 5 seconds faster than the Pagani Zonda F.

Hope it's not a repost.
__________________
Former King of Stock...
E90 325i, Jet Black:
Done with
Current: E92 328i, Sports Package, 335i wheels, Power Seats, BMW Assist/Bluetooth, IPod/USB, heated seats, //M Short Shifter
Future Mods: 19" CSL's, KW V2, 15mm spacer, tints
nightkhan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
Sedan_Clan
Banned
 
Drives: '14 335i(prev.IB,AW M3's & X5)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

Posts: 10,921
iTrader: (25)

Great news! It's funny how they consider a supercharged CSL "lightly" modified. That's a sick ride though!
Sedan_Clan is offline   Brazil
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2007, 10:39 PM   #3
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,569
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
CSL Nordschleif record

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightkhan View Post
Here's the link:

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/354/C13915/

New record for a lap is now 7 min 22.8 seconds, 5 seconds faster than the Pagani Zonda F.

Hope it's not a repost.
I posted that in the "New CSL" and "More performance figures" threads the other day, but it's a great performance. The car was supercharged, I understand.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 01-04-2012 at 07:05 AM.
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2007, 10:43 PM   #4
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Great news! It's funny how they consider a supercharged CSL "lightly" modified. That's a sick ride though!
Yes. So I don't understand how they can claim to have broken the mass produced car record since the car is seriously modified. Or, are they even claiming that?
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2007, 11:40 PM   #5
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,569
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Yes. So I don't understand how they can claim to have broken the mass produced car record since the car is seriously modified. Or, are they even claiming that?
Well, they just say "supercars", not "stock supercars". That definition is pretty open.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2007, 11:10 AM   #6
keanu1
tiamat
 
keanu1's Avatar
 
Drives: 525 d
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: romania

Posts: 1,314
iTrader: (0)

I think ,this shows the potential of an engine like that!! To beat a Pagani Zonda with an m3 is wrily somthing!!

Maybe bmw will think to do things like that in the factory!!!
keanu1 is offline   Romania
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2007, 11:45 AM   #7
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
I thought there was a modified Porsche which has beaten this time?
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2008, 01:50 PM   #8
pushtiulk
BMW Addicted
 
pushtiulk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Fiat Panda
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 M3 E46  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to pushtiulk
once again, bmw rullz
__________________
2007 Fiat Panda 1.3 JTD - Daily Car
2003 BMW M3 - Sold
pushtiulk is offline   Romania
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2008, 01:46 PM   #9
Scorpion
Major
 
Drives: Nothing
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nowhere

Posts: 1,215
iTrader: (0)

Thats awesome, 5 seconds is a big amount when it comes to records lol.
Scorpion is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2008, 02:21 AM   #10
eshaun
RATED M
 
eshaun's Avatar
 
Drives: e46 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to eshaun
that article is over a yr old...the csl built buy the loaded crew is ridiculous, thought I recall seeing it for sale recently
__________________
e46 M3 | OEM CSL wheels, drivers seat, and steering wheel...

www.eshaun.com | automotive flickr gallery | Prints Here

eshaun is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #11
graider
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

i bet the engine won't last after couple runs, that's why it is on sale.
graider is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #12
Gladiator
New Member
 
Gladiator's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 E46 CSL 2003 SC
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Its still running. We have use it for over 30000 km on track without any problem, never broke a part in egnine, gearbox and the rear axel.
Many people around the world told us in the beginning that the car will not hold together....the result speak for it self.
I am very pleased with the results from this project and we will keep the Loaded car and do fun things in the future.

Next year we will go for timeattacks on selected circuts in Sweden and Germany.

This winter we do all the small changes on the car that we didn't do when the goal was to Timeattack the Nordschleife.

Just stay tuned at www.loaded.se

Take care everybody
Anders
and the Loaded Boys
Gladiator is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2008, 02:28 AM   #13
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

^^^
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #14
EvilTuna7
New Member
 
EvilTuna7's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 Subaru STi
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mid-A

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

whoop-de-do a race car beat a stock street car around the 'ring.
EvilTuna7 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2008, 02:28 PM   #15
Captain
 
Drives: 991TTs
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Earth

Posts: 977
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTuna7 View Post
whoop-de-do a race car beat a stock street car around the 'ring.
you make it seem like the stock car was no big deal...
1º is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #16
EvilTuna7
New Member
 
EvilTuna7's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 Subaru STi
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mid-A

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
you make it seem like the stock car was no big deal...
My intention was actually just the opposite. The Pagani Zonda is probably my favorite car of all time, so i have a fair amount of respect for it. My point was the M3 was completely stripped out, full roll cage, race suspension, etc... I'm saying the fact that a race car beat a street car (albeit a fast one) around a track isn't really an amazing feat. The amazing thing is really the fact that a street car was only marginally slower than a race car AND could be driven home.
EvilTuna7 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2008, 03:10 PM   #17
Gladiator
New Member
 
Gladiator's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 E46 CSL 2003 SC
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTuna7 View Post
My intention was actually just the opposite. The Pagani Zonda is probably my favorite car of all time, so i have a fair amount of respect for it. My point was the M3 was completely stripped out, full roll cage, race suspension, etc... I'm saying the fact that a race car beat a street car (albeit a fast one) around a track isn't really an amazing feat. The amazing thing is really the fact that a street car was only marginally slower than a race car AND could be driven home.
Loaded is streetlegal..thats the whole point. AND the pagani was transport down to the ring in a trailer...not Loaded The last two years i have used Loaded for 15000 km on public roads ... you don't do that with a racecar...do you?
Gladiator is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2008, 03:27 PM   #18
EvilTuna7
New Member
 
EvilTuna7's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 Subaru STi
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mid-A

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Loaded is streetlegal..thats the whole point. AND the pagani was transport down to the ring in a trailer...not Loaded The last two years i have used Loaded for 15000 km on public roads ... you don't do that with a racecar...do you?
The fact that it's still street legal is impressive (although i don't know what Germany requires for a car to be "street legal"). The Pagani being trailered down was obviously to the choice of the owner and it could have eaisly/comfortable driven there. I have great respect for any car (and driver) that runs a lap on the ring that quickly. My point is still that your car is stripped out and the pagani is comfortable enough to drive anywhere and still have amazing performace. I would drive my grandmother around in the Zonda, but i think she would have trouble just getting into the CSL

Regardless, kudos to you for producing an extremely fast machine.
EvilTuna7 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2008, 03:41 PM   #19
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Loaded is streetlegal..thats the whole point. AND the pagani was transport down to the ring in a trailer...not Loaded The last two years i have used Loaded for 15000 km on public roads ... you don't do that with a racecar...do you?
if i fly to germany, take me for a lap on the ring?
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #20
Gladiator
New Member
 
Gladiator's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 E46 CSL 2003 SC
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
if i fly to germany, take me for a lap on the ring?
Yes, noproblem...I let you know when we are back for 7 more seconds
But I will visit you guys first, next week at the PRI in Orlando...that will be exciting
Gladiator is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #21
Gladiator
New Member
 
Gladiator's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 E46 CSL 2003 SC
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTuna7 View Post
The fact that it's still street legal is impressive (although i don't know what Germany requires for a car to be "street legal"). The Pagani being trailered down was obviously to the choice of the owner and it could have eaisly/comfortable driven there. I have great respect for any car (and driver) that runs a lap on the ring that quickly. My point is still that your car is stripped out and the pagani is comfortable enough to drive anywhere and still have amazing performace. I would drive my grandmother around in the Zonda, but i think she would have trouble just getting into the CSL

Regardless, kudos to you for producing an extremely fast machine.
I know what you mean ... Loaded is TüV approved. I can't explain in details what they do...to many words and to hard in english I can send it in German hehe... no I don't think you want that.

Thank you and we must see this Loaded project as a underdog project that challenge the big boys ... and we did it good! We know we have 7-10 more seconds to give ... but we have already proven the skills with the drivers life at stake ... he is going to be a father in december and will be more careful now...I think Hes wife told me that she have never seen that look in his eyes before that we capture from the inboard cam ... it was a look taken from a medieval fearless warrior with murder in his eyes. honestly..that scarred the shit out of hear!!!
Gladiator is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #22
EvilTuna7
New Member
 
EvilTuna7's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 Subaru STi
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mid-A

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
I know what you mean ... Loaded is TüV approved. I can't explain in details what they do...to many words and to hard in english I can send it in German hehe... no I don't think you want that.
I appreciate the offer, but no thanks, lol.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Thank you and we must see this Loaded project as a underdog project that challenge the big boys ... and we did it good! We know we have 7-10 more seconds to give ... but we have already proven the skills with the drivers life at stake ... he is going to be a father in december and will be more careful now...I think Hes wife told me that she have never seen that look in his eyes before that we capture from the inboard cam ... it was a look taken from a medieval fearless warrior with murder in his eyes. honestly..that scarred the shit out of hear!!!
Yes i completely understand where you're coming from and again, it is very impressive. I can understand how dangerous these runs are. There isn't much room for error when you're driving 10/10's on the ring with such a fast car. It's going to be lot harder to get his wife to agree to more runs especially with a baby coming, so you better get those 7 seconds soon!

I might be in Germany in the spring and i'd also love a ride. When my plans are finalized i will see how you guys are doing.
EvilTuna7 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST