BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Steve Thomas BMW

12-02-2008, 11:22 PM   #67
Desi
Lieutenant

Drives: 2014 435i M-Sport X-Drive

Back on topic, I do remember reading somewhere that clubbing a seal is the most humane way to kill it as it is the fastest way. Something about the way their bodies protect their vital organs would make something like a bullet be too painful. The fastest and most humane way, despite being ugly and not 'media friendly' is to take a club with a spike on the end and drive it right into the head of the seal.
      12-02-2008, 11:26 PM   #68
kabalm18
My car drones and I LOVE IT!!!

Drives: 1M & F10 535xi

If scottwww is against this...this is the first time I agree with him...

But...although this makes me sick.....is it comparable to deer season in the US? I don't know...I do know that I would feel like shit if I shot a deer.
kabalm18 is offline   United_States
      12-02-2008, 11:37 PM   #69
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Drives: ///Mistress

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi View Post
Back on topic, I do remember reading somewhere that clubbing a seal is the most humane way to kill it as it is the fastest way. Something about the way their bodies protect their vital organs would make something like a bullet be too painful. The fastest and most humane way, despite being ugly and not 'media friendly' is to take a club with a spike on the end and drive it right into the head of the seal.
The most humane thing to do is not kill the seals at all. They are not ours to murder.
Prowess Symphony is offline   United_States
      12-02-2008, 11:43 PM   #70
FStop7
I like cars

Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
The most humane thing to do is not kill the seals at all. They are not ours to murder.
If all killing is wrong then how are you alive? You eat, don't you? And don't tell me you're a vegan, because plants are also alive. So either you're kidding around or you're a hypocrite.

Wait a second, you drive an E92 335i? Your car is full of fucking leather! So you're calling Canadians who hunt seals murderers while you drive around in a car slathered in cow skin? If you're not joking then you are an Ass Clown Type-R Award candidate.
FStop7 is offline   Vatican City State
      12-03-2008, 12:01 AM   #71
TofuTurkey
Gobble gobbledygook

Drives: 08 335xi Coupe

(My personal view...)

I think about karma, and reincarnation. I think about how the clubbed seals used to be people who had clubbed other seals in their previous lives. Their bad karma caused them to be reborn as seals.

It may be the case that there isn't karma after all, nor reincarnation. But I find that this line of thought helps me somewhat...
      12-03-2008, 12:24 AM   #72
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
If all killing is wrong then how are you alive? You eat, don't you? And don't tell me you're a vegan, because plants are also alive. So either you're kidding around or you're a hypocrite.

Wait a second, you drive an E92 335i? Your car is full of fucking leather! So you're calling Canadians who hunt seals murderers while you drive around in a car slathered in cow skin? If you're not joking then you are an Ass Clown Type-R Award candidate.

I am a vegan as I have already stated in this thread. I was referring to killing people and animals, you know, creatures with thoughts and feelings who can feel pain.

And in this thread, which you obviously didnt read, I already stated that getting a car with leather was wrong. Just like killing baby seals is wrong.

Seems like you have some issues you need to work out.
      12-03-2008, 12:32 AM   #73
AMJ_77
Captain

Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmstyle71 View Post
"you my friend sound like an awesome person (aka complete idiot.)"
....WHAT??????? are you retarded?

You want to make a point do it...Don't call people idiots to make yourself feel important. I know it's hard...but try.
You are right I am retarded, damn that hurts coming from you. Not quite sure how that was making me feel "important." Your posts have proved my point. Not much left for me to say...
AMJ_77 is offline   Canada
      12-03-2008, 12:37 AM   #74
bmstyle71
Captain

Drives: jet black e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ_77 View Post
You are right I am retarded, damn that hurts coming from you. Not quite sure how that was making me feel "important." Your posts have proved my point. Not much left for me to say...
...Your sarcasm is less than impressive. "Not much left for me to say"...so why are you still blabbing? Give us your silence and reserve this for posts that make a point. Since you admit you are a retarded I'll explain this to you "Not quite sure how that was making me feel "important."" The fact that you are calling me stupid for no reason is proof that you are throwing derogatory comments in my direction to make yourself believe that you > ME hence making yourself feel important
      12-03-2008, 02:42 AM   #75
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant

Drives: 1

Attached Images

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn is offline   United_States
      12-03-2008, 02:43 AM   #76
Blake
Banned

Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
it's so wrong to laugh, but
Blake is offline   No_Country
      12-03-2008, 02:44 AM   #77
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant

Quote:
I am a vegan as I have already stated in this thread. I was referring to killing people and animals, you know, creatures with thoughts and feelings who can feel pain.

And in this thread, which you obviously didnt read, I already stated that getting a car with leather was wrong. Just like killing baby seals is wrong.

Seems like you have some issues you need to work out.
How do you know a cow feels pain or thinks?
      12-03-2008, 02:52 AM   #78
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
How do you know a cow feels pain or thinks?

If I understand you correctly, your asking me how I know if a cow can feel or think. You're not serious, are you?

I dont know for sure that you feel pain or think. Does that mean I can torture you, eat your flesh, and wear your skin. Does it?

How come all the animal haters are idiots? It must be genetics.
      12-03-2008, 02:56 AM   #79
Blake
Banned

how come all vegan/vegetarians are smug and seem to have a sense of entitlement, or shall we say, heroism because they don't eat meat?
      12-03-2008, 02:59 AM   #80
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant

Quote:
If I understand you correctly, your asking me how I know if a cow can feel or think. You're not serious, are you?

I dont know for sure that you feel pain or think. Does that mean I can torture you, eat your flesh, and wear your skin. Does it?

How come all the animal haters are idiots? It must be genetics.
How do you know that a cow as such an advanced nervous system that it can think and feel pain? I'm using the cow as an overall representation of "lesser" animals.
      12-03-2008, 03:00 AM   #81
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
how come all vegan/vegetarians are smug and seem to have a sense of entitlement, or shall we say, heroism because they don't eat meat?
Its smug to want all creatures to not have pain or suffering......okay.

Not having an overinflated ego by thinking that humans are some supreme race that can kill or do whatever we want is not being arrogant.

If not wanting the death of any creature is being a hero, then I guess I am.

All hail humans. We can murder others for our own gain. Destroy the planet and its inhabitants for money and attack and ridicule those that try to make a change for the better. All hail humans
      12-03-2008, 03:01 AM   #82
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
It's ok. Someone who has to resort to calling other people names never really has a good argument in the first place.
      12-03-2008, 03:02 AM   #83
Blake
Banned

Quote:
All hail humans
yea baby! darwin got it right!
      12-03-2008, 03:02 AM   #84
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
How do you know that a cow as such an advanced nervous system that it can think and feel pain? I'm using the cow as an overall representation of "lesser" animals.
Im pretty sure scientists would know whether or not lesser animals can feel pain and they say that they can. I have never seen any evidence that suggests that they dont feel pain.

I dont have a good argument? No murder is a bad argument? lol
      12-03-2008, 03:03 AM   #85
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant

Quote:
Its smug to want all creatures to not have pain or suffering......okay.

Not having an overinflated ego by thinking that humans are some supreme race that can kill or do whatever we want is not being arrogant.

If not wanting the death of any creature is being a hero, then I guess I am.

All hail humans. We can murder others for our own gain. Destroy the planet and its inhabitants for money and attack and ridicule those that try to make a change for the better. All hail humans
Can an elephant build structures that improve their way of life or vehicles which facilitate travel? Can a zebra build an atomic bomb that can destroy the world? No. Humans can. Because we can destroy this world, we hold the power; the same way a ruthless dictator holds all the power by killing anyone who opposes him.
      12-03-2008, 03:05 AM   #86
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant

Quote:
Im pretty sure scientists would know whether or not lesser animals can feel pain and they say that they can. I have never seen any evidence that suggests that they dont feel pain.

I've never seen any evidence that shows they do feel pain or think. And don't post a BS PETA video where you look into their eyes. That shit just makes me want a steak.
      12-03-2008, 03:06 AM   #87
Prowess Symphony
Major General

Garage List
So whoever has more power should do whatever they want?

I guess you missed all those pesky religious teachers and philosophers stating otherwise. If Im stronger then you, I can rule over you? I can enslave you if Im stronger?

And what if another species or gods or whomever, decide to come to earth. If they are stronger, they can kill us and eat us?

Thats a horrible argument and as basic as it gets. The only thing humans have over other creatures is ego. And why do you keep ignoring my questions? I have not seen evidence that you feel pain. Does that give me the right to torture you?
      12-03-2008, 03:06 AM   #88
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant

Quote:
Wars are won with murder. We would not exist today without wars and murders. This is survival. It's either us or them. So far the humans are "winning".