BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible > General E46 M3 Talk
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-11-2008, 12:40 AM   #45
SRT4zoom
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

 
Drives: SRT-4
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Aww, look at all the BMW fanboys getting all butt-hurt because someone actually said something bad about the M3.

Can it be? The RS4 is actually a better car than the M3?

This should be a sticky:

Rule number 1: You shall not say ANYTHING remotely bad about the M3 in any shape or form, we here at M3post worship the car and cannot tolerate anything negative directed toward the M3.

We do NOT take criticism of any kind as we are unable to process the thought that our M3 is not perfect.


Seriously, you guys need to wake up and realize that the M3 is not sent from Heaven. The world does not revolve around the M3. I'm willing to bet everyone on here subscribes to Car and driver.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 07:39 AM   #46
MidwestBimmerFan
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
148
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, 1995 E36 M3, 1976 2002
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Willowbrook, IL

iTrader: (0)

HaHaHa RS4 better than the M3 that's a good one (if you love to understeer). Audi's quattro is not good (minus the R8's systems) it's all about safety first and are setup for rain and snow more than true performance!!! The only good all wheel drive systems out are in the GT-R, X6, R8, EVO X and the Gallardo. Audi's engines are way to far forward so the whole balance of the car is off, the steering feel is off, the throttle and brake feel is slightly off, the suspension setup is not even close to M quality, and any car derived from front wheel drive is a no go in my book!!! but coming from a guy that drives an SRT-4 I wouldn't expect you to know much about anything. Why r u on this forum again?????
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #47
MJC///M3
Colonel
MJC///M3's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
2,327
Posts

 
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bronx, NYC

iTrader: (0)

RS4 better than the M3???.....hahahaha.

Two of my friends who had RS4's used to say the same thing.......they are now proud owners of the E92 M3.
__________________
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 06:30 PM   #48
watrob
Major
watrob's Avatar
Australia
25
Rep
1,496
Posts

 
Drives: MY2013 X5M 50d - White
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brisbane - Australia

iTrader: (0)

One of these would suit me?
Attached Images
 
__________________

X5 M50d White, 20"rims, Adaptive Drive, HUD, Xenon Adapt Lights, Rear/Side Camera, Sunroof, Auto Tailgate, Comfort Access, Active Perforated Ventilated Comfort Seats, M Paddle Shift, Active Crus, Stop/Go, Proff Nav + TV, DAB, 16 Spk Ind HiFi, USB, Internet, Apps, 4 Zone Air, Towbar 20% Tint, 5mm Castor Bushes, Yellow Calipers, Ceramic Pads
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 06:33 PM   #49
MidwestBimmerFan
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
148
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, 1995 E36 M3, 1976 2002
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Willowbrook, IL

iTrader: (0)

Now that is a nice R8 and it is rear wheel drive only.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2008, 11:12 PM   #50
///Mfurious
New Member
///Mfurious's Avatar
3
Rep
29
Posts

 
Drives: 09' E92 ///M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY

iTrader: (0)

the e46 m3 was the most powerful v6 ever in production...until GTR.....but it i believe to my experience it still is i had 1 i miss her to death....i cryed one time i saw it rolling on the highway

this was my baby




this pic was b4 i got my cf diffuser...i have it for sale plus some oem interior bulbs and oem fog light bulbs
__________________
"Racecars shouldn't be confined to racetracks"
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2008, 11:15 PM   #51
///Mfurious
New Member
///Mfurious's Avatar
3
Rep
29
Posts

 
Drives: 09' E92 ///M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfart View Post
Taken from a blog so pls dont flame me but seek your opinion or personal analysis:

synosis:

The best two M3's were the first generation and the E46 M3. The reason why is at the time, they had absolutely no competitors for the price (at least in the USA, since the GT-R still destroyed M3's everywhere else). The E46 M3, when released in 2001 not only looked FAR better than all other E46's, it performed head and shoulders above them as well. They absolutely crushed all their competition at their price. But now, BMW has a huge problem. The first is internal. BMW is now trying to sell 100,000 M3's a year by their own words, and you can't do this without diluting ///M the brand. They had to soften it from the previous gen, and although its a great car, its a compromise between luxury and track performance. It absolutely is NOT a track car. Its just another car you can take to the track. Also, now you have other problems in that the Audi RS4 can go toe to toe with the M3, and the brand new Nissan GT-R absolutely destroys it at the same price on any field anywhere regardless of the test. The M3 has been dethroned. And this is coming from someone who has a E46 and E93. Face it, the legend of the M3 is just history now. BMW has resorting to allow the ///M to stand for MARKETING instead of motorsport now


your thoughts?
the e92 M3 smokes the rs4 the e46 dont tho.. RS4 better than e92....ur crazyy
__________________
"Racecars shouldn't be confined to racetracks"
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #52
DICKER 1
That Dr. DICKER to You
DICKER 1's Avatar
Qatar
1
Rep
144
Posts

 
Drives: 11.5ZCP Coupe'/ /Ducati's
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Warm & Wett Newport Coast

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 m3  [0.00]
typically

There will continue to be threads like this for years to come
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 09:27 AM   #53
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
137
Rep
7,647
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
V...I...L...W...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mfurious View Post
the e46 m3 was the most powerful v6 ever in production...
Except, it wasn't a V6.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #54
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
MVF4Rrider's Avatar
49
Rep
2,060
Posts

 
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas NV

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Except, it wasn't a V6.
...and the GTR was a V8
__________________
'08 Carrera S 6MT Guards Red/Black ext leather, Carbon fiber pkg, sport exh, sport chrono +, PASM, Nav, Bose, 19" forged turbos, red tranny tunnel
'07 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 1+1, Corse Red/Silver, RG3 race pipes and factory race ECU
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2008, 04:18 PM   #55
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
MVF4Rrider's Avatar
49
Rep
2,060
Posts

 
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas NV

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DICKER 1 View Post
typically

There will continue to be threads like this for years to come

True.
__________________
'08 Carrera S 6MT Guards Red/Black ext leather, Carbon fiber pkg, sport exh, sport chrono +, PASM, Nav, Bose, 19" forged turbos, red tranny tunnel
'07 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 1+1, Corse Red/Silver, RG3 race pipes and factory race ECU
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2008, 11:50 PM   #56
th3Stig
Private
0
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 GT500 Eleanor
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SWFL

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2008, 09:25 PM   #57
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
127
Rep
9,875
Posts

 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
+1

I agree, on the road I feel my M3 DCT has more pep than the RS4, poor guy didnt know I had it

DCT FTW
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #58
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
127
Rep
9,875
Posts

 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
E46 M3 car is still simply gorgeous
I still admire them on the road sometimes

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81021

long live Ultimate CSL E46 v10 M3
Attached Images
 

Last edited by ase2dais; 12-07-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #59
emthree4me
Private First Class
4
Rep
130
Posts

 
Drives: 09 M3 e92
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NoVa

iTrader: (0)

the more and more e92 shows up on the road the more and more e46 is seen as dated machinery
e46 is bad but the 92 is bad'er


Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT4zoom View Post
Aww, look at all the BMW fanboys getting all butt-hurt because someone actually said something bad about the M3.

Can it be? The RS4 is actually a better car than the M3?

This should be a sticky:

Rule number 1: You shall not say ANYTHING remotely bad about the M3 in any shape or form, we here at M3post worship the car and cannot tolerate anything negative directed toward the M3.

We do NOT take criticism of any kind as we are unable to process the thought that our M3 is not perfect.


Seriously, you guys need to wake up and realize that the M3 is not sent from Heaven. The world does not revolve around the M3. I'm willing to bet everyone on here subscribes to Car and driver.
I cant tolerate seeing an Audi on the road, they look all the same to me, the nose job is fugly
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2009, 02:43 PM   #60
Ken37.73
Private 1st Class
Ken37.73's Avatar
7
Rep
473
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 Jet Black
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfart View Post
Taken from a blog so pls dont flame me but seek your opinion or personal analysis:

synosis:

The best two M3's were the first generation and the E46 M3. The reason why is at the time, they had absolutely no competitors for the price (at least in the USA, since the GT-R still destroyed M3's everywhere else). The E46 M3, when released in 2001 not only looked FAR better than all other E46's, it performed head and shoulders above them as well. They absolutely crushed all their competition at their price. But now, BMW has a huge problem. The first is internal. BMW is now trying to sell 100,000 M3's a year by their own words, and you can't do this without diluting ///M the brand. They had to soften it from the previous gen, and although its a great car, its a compromise between luxury and track performance. It absolutely is NOT a track car. Its just another car you can take to the track. Also, now you have other problems in that the Audi RS4 can go toe to toe with the M3, and the brand new Nissan GT-R absolutely destroys it at the same price on any field anywhere regardless of the test. The M3 has been dethroned. And this is coming from someone who has a E46 and E93. Face it, the legend of the M3 is just history now. BMW has resorting to allow the ///M to stand for MARKETING instead of motorsport now


your thoughts?
My main thoughts are that you're disaffected cos you don't have an M3, even though you probably spunked the price of one on that 330i.
__________________

Last edited by Ken37.73; 01-13-2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #61
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
the M3 _is_ a huge let down, that's why i cant stop driving it *yawn*
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2009, 06:53 PM   #62
Adonislike
Captain
United_States
11
Rep
842
Posts

 
Drives: Toyota Insight/Honda Prius
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
the M3 _is_ a huge let down, that's why i cant stop driving it *yawn*
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2009, 11:20 AM   #63
rawedge2
First Lieutenant
rawedge2's Avatar
17
Rep
332
Posts

 
Drives: 05 STI - 08 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: long island

iTrader: (1)

hey flying fart... how bout i rip on in your face and u tell me if it smells...

the e92 is + in every aspect over an e46.. and thats great b/c the e46 is a great car..

dont be a follower because you read a auto blog..
__________________
2008 E92 M3 (03-08-2008-first delivery)
JET BLACK on BLACK w/Carbon Leather, 19's, Tech, 6spd..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2009, 12:09 PM   #64
itz16v
Lieutenant
itz16v's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
479
Posts

 
Drives: 997 Turbo///E63 AMG
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Socal/Ko'Olina

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to itz16v
I own a 911, E63 AMG and I drive the M3 everyday.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2009, 04:27 AM   #65
Ken37.73
Private 1st Class
Ken37.73's Avatar
7
Rep
473
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 Jet Black
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itz16v View Post
I own a 911, E63 AMG and I drive the M3 everyday.
Aren't you a lucky duck !
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2009, 05:05 PM   #66
DakarE36
Private First Class
6
Rep
163
Posts

 
Drives: Dakar yellow '95 e36 m3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
my thoughts are this guy has no credibility. the e30 was a cult car for sure. it was far ahead of its time. it beat everything - but its time is past. most people beleive the e36 was actually a better car than the e46 even tho the e46 had more power. the e36 had more go cart like handling. after having owned a e36, e46, and now an e92 IMO the e92 FAR surpasses them both in every way. the e92 has the handling more like the e36 and better with 414 hp. e30 is nice if you want to drive a vintage car with huge repair and maintnence bills.
If the e92 does handle like the e36, that would be the perfect car, a bigger and more luxurious e36 with 420 hp has gotta be near perfect.
I suspect that the e36 will always be my favorite however.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST