BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

OneEighty

10-29-2008, 02:52 AM   #1
jlgt3
Private

Drives: BMW

anyone has supersprint exhaust?

does anyone have supersprint exhaust?

i am look for an aftermarket exhaust. i really like the sound of E46 M3 supersprint
      10-29-2008, 03:11 AM   #2
serven7
Second Lieutenant

Drives: RS 46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgt3 View Post

i am look for an aftermarket exhaust. i really like the sound of E46 M3 supersprint
I had the street version with x pipes but I never put it on the car, its a long story how I got the SS system. Anyway, after measuring and remeasuring, calling SSNA I come to find out that the x pipe ends right in the middle of your second cat which is a differnt size and shape so you have hack it off just before and jimmy a 6 inch pice in there for the x pipe to mate up. Absolutely JV for a $3200.00 system. Not sure how it sounds but as far as Im concerned its a failure of a system. The damn exhaust wont fit with out the connector pieces either.

If you must buy SS at least go get the whole header back system from Hammann this way there is no problem with fitment.
      10-29-2008, 06:22 AM   #3
J08M3
Major General

Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

I had the sport version with the connecting pipes. Connecting pipes came free with the mufflers. It fit together perfectly and install was very easy, I did it myself on my back in my garage. For me it was too loud inside the car especially at slow speeds. At slow speed the drone was quite annoying and the bass would just resonate throughout the cabin. Some people like that though. From outside it sounded very nice though. Not obnoxiously loud, but quite a bit louder than stock. Had a very deep sound. But I chose to take them off and sell them a week after installing them. Not the sound I wanted, to much like driving a racecar all day.
      10-31-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
ModBargains.com
Banned

Drives: JB E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgt3 View Post

We are your #1 authorized source for the Supersprint exhaust. We carry every single product by Supersprint, new or old, made to order for you straight from Supersprint from Italy.
ModBargains.com is offline   United_States