BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #23
ideliver
Major
ideliver's Avatar
48
Rep
1,232
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
it's weird because according to the BMW booklet
you can not order that combo
red with red is not one of the options if you look at the last few pages with the exterior and interior colours
and i kind of agree it't not a nice combo
you can order any color combo you want...it is not "suggested" by BMW...

Stealerships...FTMFL....

Go find a new one...plenty of nice color combos and options out there if you are so inclined to search around and look...read some of "Technic" posts...he got the car he wanted at a great price...all it took was little patience and persisitence
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 06:20 PM   #24
E. Honda
Private First Class
E. Honda's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
178
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Nissan 350Z
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West LA/UCLA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Why don't you ask him if you can test drive the car?

I test drove my non-ZTP (non-EDC, non-MDrive, non-IDrive) car and bought it soon after. I was always leaning toward going non-ZTP and the drive confirmed my choice. It blows away my E46, which is all I really care about. Have I driven a ZTP equipped car? No. I'm sure that it would be that much cooler, but I don't really need the gizmos to have fun in the car. I stronly suggest you try it out and see what you think. If you are uncertain, ask to drive a ZTP-equipped car too so that you can compare and contrast them. Then you'll know for sure. The car in question (Red on Red coupe) sounds very sweet though, and I'm sure its pretty cheap given its probably lightly optioned and the fact that you can get it at invoice with 1.9%.
I did test drive it, theres a freeway right next to the dealership, which I did take it on. What makes me skeptical was that he told me to push it beyond 5k rpms, which I was like, I don't know, its not in break in period, but I ended up doing it anyways. Theres 100 miles on the car, give or take a couple miles. I will ask to drive the other one that is EDC equipped and see if I can notice a difference. I don't know how I will go about testing the EDC though.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #25
E. Honda
Private First Class
E. Honda's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
178
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Nissan 350Z
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West LA/UCLA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
you can order any color combo you want...it is not "suggested" by BMW...

Stealerships...FTMFL....

Go find a new one...plenty of nice color combos and options out there if you are so inclined to search around and look...read some of "Technic" posts...he got the car he wanted at a great price...all it took was little patience and persisitence
Well I did do some searching. When I went ot my local dealer, he went to this website which let him search inventories, and found that there were two more dealerships, one in Colorado and another one here in Cali, that had the Red Interior with Red Exterior...however, the one in Colorado had no optional features whatsoever, and the other in Cali. was DCT. I don't know whether or not this searches the whole US, but I don't think it does. I find it unbelievable in 48 states, there are only three 08 models with Red on Red color combo.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #26
TLud
Colonel
TLud's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
2,280
Posts

 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Honda View Post
Well I did do some searching. When I went ot my local dealer, he went to this website which let him search inventories, and found that there were two more dealerships, one in Colorado and another one here in Cali, that had the Red Interior with Red Exterior...however, the one in Colorado had no optional features whatsoever, and the other in Cali. was DCT. I don't know whether or not this searches the whole US, but I don't think it does. I find it unbelievable in 48 states, there are only three 08 models with Red on Red color combo.
It will not be a popular color combo, and I'd be willing to bet that at least one, and probably both, of those red on red cars that your dealer found were cancelled orders.
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #27
E. Honda
Private First Class
E. Honda's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
178
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Nissan 350Z
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West LA/UCLA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
It will not be a popular color combo, and I'd be willing to bet that at least one, and probably both, of those red on red cars that your dealer found were cancelled orders.
Funny thing, even the red one they have in stock is a cancelled order. They even told me. And I would have to agree about the other two being cancelled. I know for sure the one in Colorado is, because that car has NO features. The only thing that was present in the package was BMW Assist and some other thing. No navigation, nada. Would an automatic/manual with EDC give the same comfort? My dad has an M6 with EDC, and I wonder if it would be the same if I was to go play around with the EDC function. I know the M-drive would be different.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 06:59 PM   #28
M3Drivincraze
Private
2
Rep
64
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: York, PA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Honda View Post
The funnier thing is, there was an Alpine White M3 6MT with EDC and M-Drive and he didn't say anything about it. I know he was trying to play me to drive the M3 off the lot. But, if I were to order the M3, chances are he'd sell it at or above MSRP right?

Ummm no. The reason why all these promo's are out is bc they are having a hard time selling them. I would pay $1500 under MSRP for an '09 but thats it. Considering 08's come with promo financing, selling for invoice OR LESS, and come with 1 day at the M driving school, I would buy an 08, but not from that dealer. I would never even talk to him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Why don't you ask him if you can test drive the car?

I test drove my non-ZTP (non-EDC, non-MDrive, non-IDrive) car and bought it soon after. I was always leaning toward going non-ZTP and the drive confirmed my choice. It blows away my E46, which is all I really care about. Have I driven a ZTP equipped car? No. I'm sure that it would be that much cooler, but I don't really need the gizmos to have fun in the car. I stronly suggest you try it out and see what you think. If you are uncertain, ask to drive a ZTP-equipped car too so that you can compare and contrast them. Then you'll know for sure. The car in question (Red on Red coupe) sounds very sweet though, and I'm sure its pretty cheap given its probably lightly optioned and the fact that you can get it at invoice with 1.9%.
The fact that he told you to not follow the break in procedure on a car you are going to buy is stupid. That car is probably raped all the time. Buy a virgin, not something that was beat up. Also, I have the tech pkg etc and wouldnt consider a car without one. There are M3's everywhere, keep looking and keep in mind, you can buy one for about $500 under invoice + promo financing.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 07:01 PM   #29
E. Honda
Private First Class
E. Honda's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
178
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Nissan 350Z
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West LA/UCLA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Drivincraze View Post
Ummm no. The reason why all these promo's are out is bc they are having a hard time selling them. I would pay $1500 under MSRP for an '09 but thats it. Considering 08's come with promo financing, selling for invoice OR LESS, and come with 1 day at the M driving school, I would buy an 08, but not from that dealer. I would never even talk to him again.



The fact that he told you to not follow the break in procedure on a car you are going to buy is stupid. That car is probably raped all the time. Buy a virgin, not something that was beat up. Also, I have the tech pkg etc and wouldnt consider a car without one. There are M3's everywhere, keep looking and keep in mind, you can buy one for about $500 under invoice + promo financing.
Also, I asked the sales manager about the One-day M Driving school and he told me that there wasn't any M-school deal involved. I told him once again that I had read it at an online forum, I should have said BMW website, but he continued to say that he was unaware and doubted that there was such a deal. He told me had there been M-driving school, it would have been posted on his 'bulletin'.

Another thing, does 100 miles of 'hard driving' really affect the vehicle much?

The thing is, we have a really good relationship (it may not seem like it now), because my dad has purchased a couple of vehicles in the past 6-7 years, and he has recommended all of his friends to that dealership. There have never been any problems before, so I'm kind of confused whether he's trying to 'hustle' me, or he really just doesn't know. Also, when I test drove the M3, he didn't necessarily tell me to redline it, but kind of hinted that I needed to stay around 5-6 RPMS, because I always shift into the next gear. He told me that this was a car that needed to stay around 5-6k RPMS otherwise I'm just wasting gas.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #30
E. Honda
Private First Class
E. Honda's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
178
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Nissan 350Z
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West LA/UCLA

iTrader: (0)

Bump. I'm really curious.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 11:10 PM   #31
MTROIS
Major
MTROIS's Avatar
France
22
Rep
1,111
Posts

 
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Jersey, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Honda View Post
Also, I asked the sales manager about the One-day M Driving school and he told me that there wasn't any M-school deal involved. I told him once again that I had read it at an online forum, I should have said BMW website, but he continued to say that he was unaware and doubted that there was such a deal. He told me had there been M-driving school, it would have been posted on his 'bulletin'.

Another thing, does 100 miles of 'hard driving' really affect the vehicle much?

The thing is, we have a really good relationship (it may not seem like it now), because my dad has purchased a couple of vehicles in the past 6-7 years, and he has recommended all of his friends to that dealership. There have never been any problems before, so I'm kind of confused whether he's trying to 'hustle' me, or he really just doesn't know. Also, when I test drove the M3, he didn't necessarily tell me to redline it, but kind of hinted that I needed to stay around 5-6 RPMS, because I always shift into the next gear. He told me that this was a car that needed to stay around 5-6k RPMS otherwise I'm just wasting gas.
I really have a "funny" feeling about this dealership! If you stayed around 5,500 RPM then you are fine, but if other people than you take this signal as a green light to red-line the car then NO!!
Also, the fact that you gave him money (bought two cars, right?) and made him win even more when you referred customers to him, does not explain why you feel that you are gaining from this relationship. I think what is more important is that you really get the car you want and you being on this forum is the right thing to do as you are getting input from current owners. From my perspective, I am completely in agreement with rldzhao!
__________________
2008 M3 Coupé | 1995 M3 LTW | BMW CCA Instructor
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 11:47 PM   #32
TLud
Colonel
TLud's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
2,280
Posts

 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Honda View Post
Funny thing, even the red one they have in stock is a cancelled order. They even told me. And I would have to agree about the other two being cancelled. I know for sure the one in Colorado is, because that car has NO features. The only thing that was present in the package was BMW Assist and some other thing. No navigation, nada. Would an automatic/manual with EDC give the same comfort? My dad has an M6 with EDC, and I wonder if it would be the same if I was to go play around with the EDC function. I know the M-drive would be different.
Not surprising.

Test drive a car without EDC on various road surfaces. If it handles satisfactorily and the ride is comfortable enough for you, there's not much point in getting EDC. IMO, the M-drive is a very useful feature, but again, you may be able to live without it if you never have it in the first place. BUT, if you don't get that stuff, you also don't get the comfort access or the iDrive and its extra features. That may or may not be a big deal to you. IMO, the tech package is a great combination of features at a very attractive price.
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 11:53 PM   #33
TLud
Colonel
TLud's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
2,280
Posts

 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Honda View Post
...The thing is, we have a really good relationship (it may not seem like it now), because my dad has purchased a couple of vehicles in the past 6-7 years, and he has recommended all of his friends to that dealership. There have never been any problems before, so I'm kind of confused whether he's trying to 'hustle' me, or he really just doesn't know. Also, when I test drove the M3, he didn't necessarily tell me to redline it, but kind of hinted that I needed to stay around 5-6 RPMS, because I always shift into the next gear. He told me that this was a car that needed to stay around 5-6k RPMS otherwise I'm just wasting gas.
This longstanding relationship makes their treatment of you worse in my mind. This dealership and CA really should be going out of their way to take care of you, but they are either lying to your face or are too ignorant to believe. Either way, the previous relationship is not worth getting screwed over.

It's kinda like I tell my wife, who has several friends that she has known since elementary school who are complete deadbeats. Just because you've known someone a long time, that's not necessarily a good reason to continue hanging out with them.
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 12:06 AM   #34
E. Honda
Private First Class
E. Honda's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
178
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Nissan 350Z
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West LA/UCLA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
This longstanding relationship makes their treatment of you worse in my mind. This dealership and CA really should be going out of their way to take care of you, but they are either lying to your face or are too ignorant to believe. Either way, the previous relationship is not worth getting screwed over.

It's kinda like I tell my wife, who has several friends that she has known since elementary school who are complete deadbeats. Just because you've known someone a long time, that's not necessarily a good reason to continue hanging out with them.
Well, I don't know if he's being ignorant, or if he's being honest. We have known him for a while, and this established 'relationship' seems at a friendship level. They have given my dad every car that he bought for invoice price, so I guess if I were to order my own, there's a chance that he would still give invoice price on an 09. I honestly hope that he just doesn't know and is oblivious to everything. But I am pretty sure that he's just trying to clear what he has in stock. He said he had no problem ordering me another one, something with all the features I have.

I don't know. This Friday, I will either walk out with a brand new M3, or an order on an 09 M3, probably fully loaded. This is why I'm trying to get all these questions answered before I go. I'm going to see if I can toy around with my dad's M6 and the EDC function before I go there.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 12:34 AM   #35
TLud
Colonel
TLud's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
2,280
Posts

 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (3)

I hear ya.

I would try to find an M3 with the EDC to play with. The M3 and M6 will ride pretty differently. Either way, good luck!
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 12:40 AM   #36
Sadd
Private First Class
United_States
7
Rep
110
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington DC, Arlington VA

iTrader: (1)

Im just gonna be honest with u, as soon as I press that M button, its not the same car anymore...more responsive, sounds better, suspension is different, steering is different etc...and its so easy to notice that.Its like a secret weapon!!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 12:46 AM   #37
Sadd
Private First Class
United_States
7
Rep
110
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington DC, Arlington VA

iTrader: (1)

I think u also talked about prices, if you re patient, the best advise I can give you, is to go from one dealership to the other. And take with you that piece of paper that shows how much discount the previous one gave u. Believe me, any sale person would do his best to beat his competitor. By doing so, I got like 3500 discount on my M3 ( ordered from germany.
The only pblem after doing that, I couldnt get any freeby LOL not even a key chain
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 01:54 AM   #38
E. Honda
Private First Class
E. Honda's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
178
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Nissan 350Z
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West LA/UCLA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadd View Post
I think u also talked about prices, if you re patient, the best advise I can give you, is to go from one dealership to the other. And take with you that piece of paper that shows how much discount the previous one gave u. Believe me, any sale person would do his best to beat his competitor. By doing so, I got like 3500 discount on my M3 ( ordered from germany.
The only pblem after doing that, I couldnt get any freeby LOL not even a key chain
He's not going to give me a 'written estimate' he's sneaky and showing everything on his computer screen. Even if I were to go to another dealership, they wouldn't have the exterior color and interior color combination that I would like to have. I have already done a search, and have continued to search. That is not to say that I have given up, but instead I've come to the conclusion that I think I'm going to order an 09 M3, with the features I want. I made the mistake with the Z that I have currently. I wanted to get a higher trim, and settled for lower because they didn't have what I wanted in stock. Instead of waiting 4-5 months and getting what I wanted, I settled for lower, and in the long run, I wasn't pleased with my decision(s). Just saying that I've learned from my past, I am not in a hurry. I would like to think that I'm going to go to the dealership and just order a 2009. I just wanted to know whether EDC and M-Drive were crucial, but I mean knowing the person that I am, I would want it even if I didn't use it much, different from not using it at all.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 06:55 AM   #39
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
183
Rep
13,832
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Honda View Post
I did test drive it, theres a freeway right next to the dealership, which I did take it on. What makes me skeptical was that he told me to push it beyond 5k rpms, which I was like, I don't know, its not in break in period, but I ended up doing it anyways. Theres 100 miles on the car, give or take a couple miles. I will ask to drive the other one that is EDC equipped and see if I can notice a difference. I don't know how I will go about testing the EDC though.
100 miles is a bit high, that might give me some pause.

To test EDC, I would just switch it to the different modes and take it over some bumps and through some corners. You should be able to feel a difference, and also get a good comparison to the non-EDC equipped car.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 07:38 PM   #40
rcornelius
Faster
rcornelius's Avatar
Germany
2
Rep
135
Posts

 
Drives: M3 Coupe Melbourne Red/Black
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gastonia, NC / Grafenwoehr, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Honda View Post
So I was at my local BMW dealership, scouting for an M3. I came across a beautiful, Melbourne Red exterior, Fox Red Extended Interior, M3 coupé. I noticed that the car lacked the technology package, and was kind of confused on whether or not I was still interested, and wanted to order an '09 M3.

I realise the function of EDC, as far as ride comfort, etc, and I brought it up to the sale person, and he said that EDC in a 6MT M3 is a 'useless' feature, along with M-Drive. The reason he gave me for the EDC, was that it was stick shift car, and basically gave me that for his reasoning.

Onto M-Drive, since the M3 always has claimed 414hp, he told me that the M-drive was also 'impractical' considering that it is not like the M5/M6 where you have to change from 400 to 500 Sport modes.

He also told me that the newer M3's, the 09's, are not getting the new iDrive, and not getting the XX-GB HDD, and won't be able to play DVDs, as this is a feature only seen in the non-M E90s.

So onto the main questions:

1) What do you guys think about EDC? I've toyed around with an M6 and have never found myself playing with the button.

2) Is the M-Drive really 'useless'?

3) I heard the navigation etc. details on the forum somewhere for the 09s, but maybe someone can clarify that for me?

Thanks.
This sales manager is on CRACK!!! 2009s have the New I-Drive. Go for the Tech Package, I love the M Button. All though some of my frieds don't like the M button, because when they are riding with me and they see my push the button, they know we are about to start hauling ass... smile...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
e90, e92, general, noob, questions

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST