BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Evolve Automotive

09-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #67
solefald
Nigerian Prince

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Here is another part of that interview. some people consider that normal?

Quote:
“We have trade missions back and forth, we do” … “It’s very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia. As Putin rears his head and comes into the airspace of the United States of America, where do they go? It’s Alaska. It’s just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there, they are right next to our state. “
      09-27-2008, 10:17 PM   #68
WaZZZZman
WaZZZZman

Drives: 2004 Z4

Send a message via Skype™ to WaZZZZman
Well she is just a woman, what the hell do they know.? They damn well better remember that on November 4th. And if you and SNL and others keep it up, I am sure they will.
      09-27-2008, 10:35 PM   #69
OO---OO
Nekid Bandit

Drives: BMW

lol, well if this job fails, she has a perfect shot as a "Tap dancer"

LOL @ "were right next to that one country....... you know, that large one on the side of us"
OO---OO is offline   United_States
      09-28-2008, 09:13 AM   #70
Neurorad
Major

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP

'The Daily Show' Writers Present Future Election Headlines
What the newspapers of tomorrow will be saying about Barack Obama, John McCain, Sarah Palin, and Joe Biden

Palin Exceeds Expectations in VP Debate: Remains Upright, Doesn't Drool

McCain Ironically Mauled by Lipstick-Wearing Pit Bull

Biden, in Slip, Calls Palin ''Tappable''

In Speech, McCain Declares Economy ''Awesome,'' ''Horrible''

Obama Admits Community Service Is a Big Joke

Biden Apologizes, Retracts Palin ''Tappable'' Remark

McCain, Overcoming Reluctance, Tells POW Story For 10,000th Time

Biden Apologizes For Calling Palin ''Not Tappable''

Sarah Palin Unclear on Definition of ''Palin Doctrine''

Hillary Prepares ''I Told You So'' Blimp
      09-28-2008, 12:06 PM   #71
Negotiator
Lieutenant

Drives: 07 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
You have watched (maybe) edited clips of a couple of interviews and you pronounce her dumb as a rock. The voters of Alaska, who know her, who approve of the job she is doing overwhelmingly, clearly disagree. The people she grew up with elected her to run their city and then re-elected her to do it again. They then elected her over an incumbent governor and then over another former governor to run their state. Has it occurred to you that they may have a bit more insight into her capabilities than you.

As for why McCain selected her, I would say that the most important characteristic to him was her independent streak. She has a history of successfully taking on the "good lo' boys" and that appeals to McCain.

You are right to an extent regarding her getting elected to her Alaskan office - she deserved it obviously because she got elected, and the people of Alaska had to support her. However, according to your logic getting elected to lead your community watch program automaticly qualifies you to be the chief of FBI, which is not the case. Noone is arguing that she's qualified to be the Alaskan governor, she may have a good grasp on the internal issues of the state. What most people do have a problem with is that she seems completely oblivious to anything that involves the world outside of her state, be it the national interests or international politics. I mean, noone can be this terrible at answering fairly basic questions...I don't consider myself above the intellectual median of this country, but even I could nail that interview if someone told me to answer the republican talking points - it's simply a very average task. Out of all people, she stumbled with Katie Couric, hardly a journalistic carnivore.

And your reasoning as to why McCain picked her, well it's a bit strange. McCain has many self-acknowledged drawbacks such as a poor understanding of economy(ics), in which case picking someone like Mitt Romney, maybe without the magical underpants, would have been a good choice. These will be the two people to lead the country for the next 4, probably 8 years. Pick someone who can cover for your weaknesses, not someone who is a ditsier clone of your political career.
Negotiator is offline   Ukraine
      09-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #72
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Ms Palin please give us your foreign policy creds.

330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper

Last edited by BKsBimmer; 09-29-2008 at 07:12 AM.
      09-28-2008, 11:13 PM   #73
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس

Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [5.00]
you know what irks me about this? the fact that this is the person McCain chose to fill in if anything happens to him. Honestly, you are going to tell me that he is willing to wager our future on Palin? has it really ever crossed his mind that if he croaks this inexperienced person will now rule the country and lead the world? That in my opinion is more irresponsible than anything else i have ever seen, even by Bush's standards thats low.

I dont have anything against her, she just doesnt have it. And McCain should of recognized that. Instead, he thinks this is going to save his campaign. And then he has the audacity to question whether Obama is fit to lead.

I cant wait till next week when Biden reams her in the debate.

Whatever.

Enjoy VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
335iheLLraiseR is offline   United_States
      09-29-2008, 10:09 AM   #74
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: e90

Thanks for posting that quote Solefad. That is my favorite quote of the interview
Quote:
We have trade missions back and forth, we do Its very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia. As Putin rears his head and comes into the airspace of the United States of America, where do they go? Its Alaska. Its just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there, they are right next to our state.
I couldn't stop laughing when she said Putin rears his head.
Quote:
And the part where she says Couric asks "Explain how your proximity to Russia enhances your foreign policy credentials". Palin replies, "Well, it certainly does. Because our, our next door neighbors are foreign countries" (and starts doing the pointy fingers thing) "They are in the state that i am the executive of."
- Honestly this response reminds me of something the skinny woman on Reno 911 would say. This is really a disgrace to successful women. I'm sure Palin is a smart woman; but if she can't answer easy questions, predictable questions, how in the hell is she going to lead the senate or be president if/when McCain dies.
      09-29-2008, 11:02 AM   #75
solefald
Nigerian Prince

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
I couldn't stop laughing when she said Putin rears his head.
this is how it goes down... when Putin rears his head... into the airspace....

09-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #76
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
How about some BRAINS in the "airspace" between her ears!
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
      09-29-2008, 12:17 PM   #77
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: e90

Quote:

LOL (Seriously)
      09-29-2008, 05:01 PM   #78
NoKids
Major

Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:

this picture deserves it's own thread.
      09-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #79
Terrance28
Brigadier General

Drives: Crimson Red E92

Send a message via Yahoo to Terrance28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iheLLraiseR View Post
you know what irks me about this? the fact that this is the person McCain chose to fill in if anything happens to him. Honestly, you are going to tell me that he is willing to wager our future on Palin? has it really ever crossed his mind that if he croaks this inexperienced person will now rule the country and lead the world? That in my opinion is more irresponsible than anything else i have ever seen, even by Bush's standards thats low.

I dont have anything against her, she just doesnt have it. And McCain should of recognized that. Instead, he thinks this is going to save his campaign. And then he has the audacity to question whether Obama is fit to lead.

I cant wait till next week when Biden reams her in the debate.

Whatever.

Enjoy VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

+1000000000000

This woman is an airhead, it just shows how desperate Mccain is to win that he would do anything like choose this airhead to be his running mate to boost his votes.