BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Lux Angel Eyes

09-24-2008, 11:15 AM   #23
Perpetrator
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep

Drives: E90 330i

Congrats!!!

Now post pix and show that baby off!

PS - now you have the right to change your avatar "drives" to boast that E90 M3. Switch out that Corolla!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2008, 02:13 PM   #24
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 IB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobaiyashi View Post
Not sure if I can wait for the weekend, I might have to take tomorrow off

Peter
Do it! It's not every day you get new nice car like this. Chalk it up to getting experience behind the wheel so you don't stall it anymore.

I've been assimilated. 6MT/ZPP/18"/PS extended.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #25
Kobaiyashi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 E90 M3 (JetBlack/FoxRedExt)

Second day with the car.

Way better than the first. I'll admit that while I loved the car the first day, I did have a bit of buyers remorse. I drove the car down PCH and the sky's didn't burst into fireworks nor did I suddenly become better looking. Don't get me wrong, it was a great car, but it didn't seem life changing. Of course, it didn't help that I had just paid close to 70k (after taxes) for a car, almost 26 times as expensive as the most expensive thing I've ever bought with my hard earned cash (plasma tv).

But this morning I had to go to LA for work. I was thinking of taking the Corolla due to fears that I couldn't deal with traffic just yet, but in the end decided just to go for it. So happy I did. Downshifting and pulling past people on the highway is an absolute dream. One thing I quickly learned is that I need to set the car so it chimes at 80mph, otherwise I'd be cruising at 100 without ever realizing it... it's that smooth (at least compared to the Corolla).

Also, I noticed a few cars start to follow me which was a little unnerving at first (the last thing I need is someone trying to race me or bully me while I'm getting acquainted with the 6MT), but my fears were quickly dismissed as I realized that people just seemed to want to look at the car. A very weird (but nice) feeling nonetheless

Anyway, came in to work today and got some good natured ribbing from my boss about how he pays me too much. (He drives a 335i coupe). Half the office can't believe I got the sedan, the other half can't believe I choose the 6MT over the DCT.

Happily, right now, I couldn't care less. I can't wait to hit the track.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2008, 09:21 PM   #26
rmmcdaniel
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: '09 E90 M3

Congrats man, car looks great!

And many, many props for pulling the trigger on the 6MT without a lot of previous stick experience. I did the same thing many years ago and was so happy I did. It really changes the driving experience coming from slush buckets!
      09-24-2008, 11:22 PM   #27
C17MooseDriver
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

I give you props for buying a 6mt without ever having driven one before, especially a 6mt M. My wife is eager to learn to drive mine, when it comes in. She's driven stick before, but that was over a decade ago. I'm a little worried she'll hurt the car, but more excited about both of us enjoying it.
      09-25-2008, 03:35 PM   #28
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 IB E92 M3

Watch out! Pretty soon you won't be driving the Corolla at all. Did you take today off?

I've been assimilated. 6MT/ZPP/18"/PS extended.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2008, 03:50 PM   #29
asaulo1
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe, alp white

that is one nice looking E90. COngrats. You won't be sorry about getting the 6MT once you start playing around with heel n toe 'ing down some twisties. Cheers.
      09-25-2008, 04:05 PM   #30
Sedan_Clan
Banned
Brazil
Rep

Drives: '14 335i(prev.IB,AW M3's & X5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C17MooseDriver View Post
I give you props for buying a 6mt without ever having driven one before, especially a 6mt M. My wife is eager to learn to drive mine, when it comes in. She's driven stick before, but that was over a decade ago. I'm a little worried she'll hurt the car, but more excited about both of us enjoying it.
+3

My g/f drove my ///M to work yesterday. I was excited for her! It's odd seeing your car drive off because you never get to see it from that perspective. ///M's are so sexy in motion!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #31
Kobaiyashi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 E90 M3 (JetBlack/FoxRedExt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
+3

It's odd seeing your car drive off because you never get to see it from that perspective. ///M's are so sexy in motion!
Agreed. I saw a sparkling grey e90 this afternoon (first one I've seen on the road) and was thinking it was pretty darn good looking. However, I did see a e92 AW coupe with the CF roof and fox red interior a few days ago... by far my favorite M3. So freakin gorgeous.

Also, thanks for the kudos re: the 6MT. It certainly is a bit frustrating not being able to shift super smooth but I'm sure that'll come. At least I'm getting the hang of it; I took some co-workers for a ride at lunch and afterwards they were all surprised when I told them I just learned how to drive stick! On a side note, the women loved the speed... excellent.

Anyway, didn't take off of work (got car payments now, need to keep the big wigs happy!) but I did get to go up to LA again this morning so spent quite a while in the car. Good ride, save for the moment where I stalled the car at a green light... I sped off just in time to avoid the blaring horn of the thug looking guy behind me. Oh well On the flip side, I had quite a long conversation with the parking garage attendent who clearly was quite enamored with the car. That was nice.

Finally, I keep (accidently) going over 5500 rpms. Great fun, but not good! I'm thinking of taking it up to San Francisco next weekend to try and cut into that break in period. Should be a fun ride.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 02:18 AM   #32
Cyber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobaiyashi View Post
Hey All,

So after spending almost a year and a half on this forum.... and many many more years dreaming of getting a new car, the day has finally arrived. This evening I'll be heading over to Sterling BMW in Newport Beach and picking up my e90/6MT M3!

Man am I nervous.

This will be my first M car, my first non-Toyota/Honda, my first new car, and my first stick shift, all wrapped up in one. I used the knowledge gained through this forum to get the car at invoice with virtually no negotiation (thanks soo much all, I hate haggling!). Of course, I made sure that I got the M floor mats and a stick shift lesson so that I'll only stall the car every other stop light

Anyway, my question for you all. As I get ready to make the purchase, are there any tips you have for me? I know I should check the car meticulously and ask for the ipod cable, but anything else to consider before I head out of the dealership?

Thanks.

Peter

P.S. Yes, this thread is worthless without pics. I'll post some when I get the chance
1. Don't be surprised when random people park next to you in the middle of nowhere when you deliberately take the time to avoid them.

2. Watch your tow hook covers and wheel caps.

3. When people randomly ask you about your car don't get too cocky because you never know if they're just waiting to whip out a can of hate - LITERALLY

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162698

Scary eh?

4. Drive safely and enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #33
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber View Post
1. Don't be surprised when random people park next to you in the middle of nowhere when you deliberately take the time to avoid them.
So true. It happens almost everywhere without fail. You could have 15 open spaces on either side and they will still park in the space RIGHT adjacent yours.