BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-16-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
DJ9
Captain
DJ9's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Francisco/Marin County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Infineon: 10/25 with TrackMaster Racing

Anyone going? Rupert, Faisal, Icemang?

This is my favorite track...can't get enough there
__________________
-Dave


2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded

Last edited by DJ9; 09-16-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
icemang17
Captain
icemang17's Avatar
15
Rep
644
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Stockton CA

iTrader: (0)

hmm......infineon scares me with all the walls...but if I drove slow enough if could be fun?
__________________
Brian
2008 E92 M3, MR, DCT, extended BB leather, loaded!
1988 Porsche 928S4, Guards red/Champagne leather
1989 Porsche 928S4 track beast!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 07:13 PM   #3
sfbimmer13
Original Bavarian Heritage
sfbimmer13's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
354
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
Anyone going? Rupert, Faisal, Icemang?

This is my favorite track...can't enough there
Hell yeah - I will have to sign up immediately how did you handle the "for Porsche drivers only" thing...id Doug OK with us BMW folks signing up?
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008 E92 M3 M-DCT - Sparkling Graphite - Fox Red - Tech Package - Premium Package - Moonroof - Enhanced Premium Sound - HD Radio - iPod USB interface - PDC - Remus Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 07:41 PM   #4
DJ9
Captain
DJ9's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Francisco/Marin County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbimmer13 View Post
Hell yeah - I will have to sign up immediately how did you handle the "for Porsche drivers only" thing...id Doug OK with us BMW folks signing up?
Ouch...is this PCA? I recall Doug mentioning that it might be in one of his e-mails. I'll shoot him a note to confirm.
__________________
-Dave


2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 08:10 PM   #5
sfbimmer13
Original Bavarian Heritage
sfbimmer13's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
354
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
Anyone going? Rupert, Faisal, Icemang?

This is my favorite track...can't get enough there
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
Ouch...is this PCA? I recall Doug mentioning that it might be in one of his e-mails. I'll shoot him a note to confirm.
I actually just sent him a note asking him if we (took the liberty asking for you), however he responded that he can not let us run...it is not up to him

November 7th is however still open...guess we could do that, even though it is just after the BMWCCA event...
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008 E92 M3 M-DCT - Sparkling Graphite - Fox Red - Tech Package - Premium Package - Moonroof - Enhanced Premium Sound - HD Radio - iPod USB interface - PDC - Remus Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
DJ9
Captain
DJ9's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Francisco/Marin County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbimmer13 View Post
I actually just sent him a note asking him if we (took the liberty asking for you), however he responded that he can not let us run...it is not up to him

November 7th is however still open...guess we could do that, even though it is just after the BMWCCA event...
Almost thinking TMR now over BMW CCA for the last event of the year at Infineion....I believe you know why I say this?

Last TMR event we went to at Infineon, was probably the most fun I've had at that track.
__________________
-Dave


2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #7
GT3 Tim
Moderator
GT3 Tim's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
1,897
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (0)

My favorite track too, by far.

However, I am still trying to get my "issues" with the car sorted before I track it....hopefully I will be able to track it this year!! Time will tell.

Have fun fellas!
__________________
Tim (apparently likes "3" cars)
E90 M3 -- Current ride
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 09:36 PM   #8
sayemthree
Brigadier General
sayemthree's Avatar
127
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: usa

iTrader: (0)

best west coast track IMO - going with CCA Nov 1 and 2
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 10:26 AM   #9
sfbimmer13
Original Bavarian Heritage
sfbimmer13's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
354
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
Almost thinking TMR now over BMW CCA for the last event of the year at Infineion....I believe you know why I say this?

Last TMR event we went to at Infineon, was probably the most fun I've had at that track.
I know exactly why you say this Are you thinking about canceling the BMWCCA event and going to the TMR one instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 Tim View Post
My favorite track too, by far.

However, I am still trying to get my "issues" with the car sorted before I track it....hopefully I will be able to track it this year!! Time will tell.

Have fun fellas!
hope your issues get resolved and we will see you at the track soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
best west coast track IMO - going with CCA Nov 1 and 2
cool, than we have at least 2 M3's with R1's there...will be interesting to see how your setup (square) compares to my staggered setup...
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008 E92 M3 M-DCT - Sparkling Graphite - Fox Red - Tech Package - Premium Package - Moonroof - Enhanced Premium Sound - HD Radio - iPod USB interface - PDC - Remus Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 01:06 PM   #10
icemang17
Captain
icemang17's Avatar
15
Rep
644
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Stockton CA

iTrader: (0)

Bummer the BMWCCA event is SOLD OUT.....

Hmm I'm a PCA member and own a P-car....does that mean I can sign up? Then just show up with the M3 since the 928 is having issues right now?
__________________
Brian
2008 E92 M3, MR, DCT, extended BB leather, loaded!
1988 Porsche 928S4, Guards red/Champagne leather
1989 Porsche 928S4 track beast!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 02:06 PM   #11
DJ9
Captain
DJ9's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Francisco/Marin County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Ya, we all have already signed up for BMWCCA....trying to figure out if we should also do TMR the following week...or maybe even just TMR.

The overall experience and level of liberation is completely different from BMW CCA GG Chapter event vs. a TMR event. Both are equally good to attend, however one is more educational based, regardless of run group; where the other assumes you know what you are doing and are there to let loose(if you are in certain run groups).
__________________
-Dave


2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST